LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Frantz Art Glass & Supply

Beads of Courage

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Library > Tutorials > Tutorials to purchase

Old 2008-08-11, 7:57pm

Default Black Petal Motif Tutorial, Lydia Muell

I'm all emotional. . .Excited, nervous and tired, but I'm finally done with my first tutorial. It's a 14 page step by step PDF instructional on how to apply the petal motif that I've used in a lot of my work. It also has a section on pulling goldstone.

"Chick Rock" beads

"Black Tie Event" Beads

Although the main focus is in the application of the petal motif, the tutorial provides instruction for creating both my "Black Tie Event" and "Chick Rock" beads.

The cost of the tutorial is $15.00. You can find out more info and sample the first two pages of the PDF by visiting this link.

The tutorial is made with 104 COE glass. In writing this, I was using a Cattwalk button press. A lentil or tab would work as well. It's not written with the beginner in mind, but if you've been torching for a bit and know how to use a press, you should do great!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 2008-08-11, 8:06pm
Heart Of Glass Beads

Oh Lydia - this looks AWESOME! Can't wait to buy it!

Shine-On Glow In The Dark Glass available in 104, 96, 90 COE. PM for Details
Old 2008-08-11, 8:11pm

Thanks Carla!

Old 2008-08-11, 8:17pm
formerly JewelsByJenny

I was going to add you to my tutorial wish list. I am very excited! I just have to wait for payday first!

Jenny

Old 2008-08-11, 8:18pm
Ruebennesqueness Queenie

wow. that looks gorgeous!

Giving
a try!
Old 2008-08-11, 8:21pm
formerly JewelsByJenny

I just previewed the first 2 pages, It is going to take some major patience from me to wait for this

Jenny

Old 2008-08-11, 8:33pm
glass nerd!

This is a must have!

Old 2008-08-11, 8:45pm

Just ordered mine, the first two pages looks great!
Lori
Old 2008-08-11, 8:50pm
Fiddle-dee-dee!

Yea! I am so excited! Just ordered mine.
Old 2008-08-11, 9:00pm
moth to the flame

Just ordered mine too and can't wait to see it!

May you always have love to share, health to spare, and friends that care.
Old 2008-08-11, 10:05pm
Bead Imp

Just ordered mine! I'm such a tut ho

Old 2008-08-11, 10:50pm

Wonderful tutorial, thanks Lydia.
Old 2008-08-11, 11:55pm

I just ordered the tutorial, can't wait to read it. Thanks Lydia for sharing.

|
Old 2008-08-12, 12:41am
Gimme that silver glass!

And I ordered mine as well!

MY NEW E-TUTORIAL:

Old 2008-08-12, 1:45am
Tonbodama Murrini maker

I already had the tutorial yesterday and it's great.

Lydia, you did a great job making this tut. Looking forward to see more of them in the Future!

Thanks

Currently on a Knight Bullet and 2 oxycons and tanked oxy

|
|
|
|
|
|
Old 2008-08-12, 4:45am
Superkitty

Lydia, I tried to place an order, but I keep getting an error message.
Old 2008-08-12, 5:02am

Thanks you guys! I just sent out all of the links. If made a purchase but don't recieve your email, check your junk mail box. If you still don't have it let me know and I'll resend the file via email. So much for modern technology, huh? lol

Deb, I'm not sure what happened when you were tyring to order, but I'll send you pm and see if we can figure it out.

Old 2008-08-12, 5:18am
pamtees

I just ordered mine. I won't be able to look at it until I get home from work in 9 hours! I absolutely love your beads, been a fan for a long time! Thank you for sharing.
Old 2008-08-12, 5:28am
Gimme that silver glass!

Tip: check your spam box, I got it there. Thanks Lydia, downloading now, can't wait!

MY NEW E-TUTORIAL:

Old 2008-08-12, 5:28am
Detail G-Mama!

Oh boy Lydia, get ready for the emails! Those are gorgeous!! You will do great with this tut!

Old 2008-08-12, 5:29am
...loves glass

I just ordered the tut. Can't wait

I just loooove your beads lydia, totaly the style I love!

Best regards,

Jona
Old 2008-08-12, 5:36am

Lydia, your tutorial is amazing. Thank you for the clear photo's and explanations.

|
Old 2008-08-12, 5:43am

Thanks SO much!!!!!!!

For those of you that had to wait until I rolled out of bed and send the links, I apologize. I should have made the announcement this morning instead of last night. I didn't expect many people to see it until today.

I have a laptop in my studio, so anytime an order comes through between 7am and 11pm US Eastern time, you should receive your download link within an hour.

Also, I had couple of emails about copying. . .One person asked specifically if they could sell beads like the ones that are in my tutorial at the shows that she attends. Just in case anyone else is wondering about this, my answer to her was "YES!" I want you guys to use the concept of the beads and the design in any way that inspires you. If copying them and selling them inspires you, do that too. Sell them anywhere you want and do so with my full blessing. I made my peace with these little guys before I set them free.

Thank you all so much! Please feel free to email me if you have any questions about the tutorial.

Old 2008-08-12, 6:31am
Bead Imp

Lydia I just got the tutorial and wanted to say it is very well written! Gorgeous beads and incredible step by step pictures & instructions! I can't wait to get home tonight to play! I already have ideas running through my head. Thank you!

Old 2008-08-12, 6:38am
Who me?

So glad you are up and sending out links - can't wait to see the tut.
Old 2008-08-12, 6:49am

Hi Lydia. Thanks for the super fast response to my order. Gorgeous beads and extremely well written. Cannot wait to play.
Colleen
Old 2008-08-12, 7:01am

Thanks Vickie and Colleen!

Linda, I sent yours early this morning. You should have seen it come through already. I'll pm you. I may need to resend the link. . .

Old 2008-08-12, 7:23am
moth to the flame

I just got mine printed and WoW! The tut is awesome Lydia, I have admired your work for years!!!

Oh and no worries on the wait, I knew mine would be sent this morning....it was 11:01pm
when I got done purchasing it last night but it was here waiting on me this morning and oh what a way to start the day!

Thank you

May you always have love to share, health to spare, and friends that care.
Old 2008-08-12, 8:08am

Thank you so much!! Ohmigosh, Beadmaven, your avatar is seriously inspiring! Makes me wanna make purdy flowers.

Old 2008-08-12, 8:13am

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashtonjewels View Post
Thank you so much!! Ohmigosh, Beadmaven, your avatar is seriously inspiring!
It inspired me also, today I made some murinni's

BeadMaven, do you have a larger picture from your avatar?

|