LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Donate via PayPal to donate@lampworketc.com

Beads of Courage

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Library > Tutorials > Tutorials to purchase

Old 2008-12-23, 10:21am
File not found

Default Finally Finished! Encased Floral Tutorial!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by kimberly; 2012-04-20 at 10:10am.
Old 2008-12-23, 10:26am
Fiddle-dee-dee!

Wow, Kimberly!! Looks amazing! I can't wait to get it!
Old 2008-12-23, 10:30am
Fiddle-dee-dee!

Yippee! Just ordered it. Thanks again, Kimberly!
Old 2008-12-23, 10:35am
Who me?

Yippers! Can't wait to get it.
Old 2008-12-23, 11:07am
Trying to Hope!

ohh man I cant wait to be able to buy this one

Etsy Here
Ebay Here

NEW Ebay Items all the time here

I buy Gold PM me for details
NEW Handmade jewelry on Etsy
Old 2008-12-23, 11:23am

Oh, I want this tutorial! I've been waiting for a tut on deeply encased florals like these. Better be asking Santa for $$ for this for Christmas
Kimberly, thanks so much for doing this, it looks wonderful. Don't work too hard this week - it stinks to have to work over the holidays, I'm working Christmas Day.

Old 2008-12-23, 11:23am
Fiddle-dee-dee!

All I can say is....

It is amazingly detailed and has pictures to follow each step. I am a disaster when it comes to anything with flowers...talk about a black thumb ...but after seeing this tutorial, I am ready to get out into the studio and do it this time! It is wonderful Kimberly. I am very impressed and excited to try it. Thanks so much!
Old 2008-12-23, 11:55am
Cheesehead Packer lover

Kimberly, I just got the tutorial, and it is wonderful! I can"t wait to make a flower bead. The directions are clear and the color combos are fantastic. Thanks so much for doing this.

Cherie
Sisters Beads
If you can't be kind, at least have the decency to be vague
Old 2008-12-23, 2:57pm
Master Procrastinator

It looks awesome Kimberly! I hope to be able to buy it after the holidays, once some of the bills are paid, if you KWIM.

Old 2008-12-23, 4:07pm

Oh SNAP!! I didn't think my fingers were going to type fast enough to get this one!! LOL! I can't WAIT to try this!

Thanks Kimberly!

~Triscia
Old 2008-12-24, 1:58pm
Lover of all things color

Just had to have it for Christmas. Thanks Kim for sharing your knowledge with us.

As a side note, can I ask what the difference is between goldstone and the gold aventurine stringers that I have? I know I'm going to want to play with this and don't have any goldstone chunks.

GTT Lynx-M10 Oxy-con

Old 2008-12-24, 2:42pm
Ass-kicking Cephalopod

Quote:
Originally Posted by kimberly View Post
The stringer pulled from goldstone chunks is MUCH brighter and more sparkly than the commercial ones. It is worth it to try to find some!
This is SO true. I have some commercial and it just does not compare - unless you get that horrendously expensive ribbon that Frantz has. That stuff is gorgeous, but is $40 an ounce.

The stringer you pull yourself is gorgeous!

DOG is my co-pilot
Cricket w/two 5 lpm oxycons - and sometimes a Minor.
Old 2008-12-24, 2:44pm
Ass-kicking Cephalopod

The petals on that bead you posted as part of the tutorial is just absolutely gorgeous! It's one of the more natural looking ones I have ever seen. I love the slightly uneven edges.

DOG is my co-pilot
Cricket w/two 5 lpm oxycons - and sometimes a Minor.
Old 2008-12-24, 3:43pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by squid View Post
This is SO true. I have some commercial and it just does not compare - unless you get that horrendously expensive ribbon that Frantz has. That stuff is gorgeous, but is $40 an ounce.

The stringer you pull yourself is gorgeous!
Guilty as charged, AND it is so thin that it broke into very small pieces. Yet another lesson learned. Up to now I haven't been quite sure how to use it and since it was so expensive I just keep it in a pretty little box and look at it. I consider it a newbie mistake. I got it when I first started....LOL

GTT Lynx-M10 Oxy-con

Old 2008-12-24, 3:45pm

But, back to my original question are they the same or is the goldstone a whole other type of gold? Sorry if I didn't understand the answer. Other than brightness are they the same?

GTT Lynx-M10 Oxy-con

Old 2008-12-26, 2:12am

Kimberly,
YESSSS, I love it, love it and love it. I am going to hug it and squeeze it tight and pet it, and I will name it George! I'm gonna get to work on this tomorrow because I have the day off!
Jen
Old 2008-12-26, 12:00pm
Yeller Rose

WOW!!! What a book. So well done. Hope I am able to torch soon. Barb
Old 2008-12-28, 10:44am
She better not sell these

I am a confessed floral junky - I LOVE this tutorial!

Heck, it is worth the money just for the pictures!

I didn't have the nice goldstone because I didn't know the difference until I got the tutorial, goldstone has always been kind of a mystery to me, but it is explained well in the tute. The goldstone makes a great bead, but your beads will be awesome without it! Think of the goldstone as a bonus for your bead.

I really liked the tute because it didn't just say - put this color here, put that there, poke this, etc... it also told you WHY so you can use the techniques you learn in all your glass creations.

Excellent!

#T53
"I love making lampwork beads, one at a time, with a Cricket or Minnnow burner on 5LPM oxycons".
Old 2008-12-29, 3:12am

Kim it looks like your site is down.
Old 2008-12-30, 3:26am

Yes thanks Kim, it must have just been down for a short time. Thanks for the tutorial.
Old 2008-12-30, 8:27pm

Thank you so much for your wonderful tutorial.

The SILLY girl
MartinIa

GTT-Scorpion, Carlisle Lucio Burner / 2x8l 17.5psi concentrators
Old 2008-12-30, 8:35pm

Could you PLEASE stop calling me THE SILLY GIRL!!!???

Old 2008-12-30, 8:49pm

In fact, I'm PROUD to be YOUR SILLY GIRL!

Big big hug
MartinIa

Old 2008-12-30, 9:07pm

Sleep well!

Old 2008-12-30, 9:13pm

AND: Happy new year!

Old 2008-12-30, 9:43pm

And let's just bump it up.

Old 2009-01-01, 5:13pm

Resistance is futile. Just ordered and can't wait to start making some encased florals!

Angela Kane

-One of a kind boro frit blends!
Old 2009-01-02, 12:45am

WOW! What a great tutorial. The pictures are fabulous and I love the suggested color combos. Kimberly, your talent never ceases to amaze me. Thanks a million!

Angela Kane

-One of a kind boro frit blends!
Old 2009-01-02, 12:53am
She better not sell these

Quote:
Originally Posted by framerak View Post
WOW! What a great tutorial. The pictures are fabulous and I love the suggested color combos. Kimberly, your talent never ceases to amaze me. Thanks a million!
I loved the pictures, too! Even if you didn't want to make florals, the tute is worth it for the pictures and the other stuff, like the aventurine and the encasing technique. I love the way the bead heat is explained, it made perfect sense the first time I read it.

#T53
"I love making lampwork beads, one at a time, with a Cricket or Minnnow burner on 5LPM oxycons".
Old 2009-01-02, 12:15pm
Christine

I just got my tutorial and can't wait to read through it!!