No users in chat

Donate via PayPal to donate@lampworketc.com

Caber Light

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Library > Tutorials > Tutorials to purchase

Old 2011-08-07, 6:18pm
Still makin' flowers...

Default Introduction to Color Theory for the Beader

• NEW! Introduction to Color Theory for the Beader

Well, not exactly new. Some folks got a preview powerpoint version last weekend while I was at the ISGB Gathering. But its grown considerably since then, with more palette ideas, more photos and more information.

This 60+ page tutorial is mainly geared toward the seed beader, but has useful information for any beader or beadmaker. I'll be adding more lampwork stuff as I continue with this e-book. This is NOT an e-book which just shows a finished piece and then tells you which colors to use. Instead, this is a book about color theory - HOW to pick a palette, WHY some colors go together, WHICH colors to use for a different feel in your finished piece.

Includes a heavy dose of how to design and recognize a "good" palette with a sprinkling of information on seed bead sizes, shapes and finishes.

$15.00

http://www.goodrivergallery.com

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
--NEW and Updated Beading Tutorials for all levels
!

Last edited by HannahRachel; 2011-12-21 at 6:42pm.
Old 2011-08-14, 2:40am
Serenity Now!

Thanks so much for doing this Hannah! This is an amazing resource loaded with tons of great info, and heaps of gorgeous pics of Hannah's stunning work. Informative and drool-worthy ~ a winning combination by a very talented artist.

Art, Colour, Bling & Happy happening here:
Old 2011-08-14, 6:53am
Still makin' flowers...

Thank you Val!

!
Old 2011-08-16, 8:52am

Woo hoo!!!!! Thank you so much.

Minor
Old 2011-08-16, 2:05pm
Still makin' flowers...

Just sent it Candace! Did it arrive safe and sound?

!
Old 2011-08-16, 2:51pm
Tweedle Dumb

I feel compelled to tell you I want to eat those beads. So pretty. I thought at first they were frit and I was a millisecond away from pm'ing you for one of everything. SEEDBEADS. Darn.

You do beautiful work, makes me want to bust out my stash.

<Click For My Latest Murrini!

<Click! For Pandora Style Beads!
Old 2011-08-16, 3:12pm
Still makin' flowers...

Jamie Lynne: Don't you just love that photo?

Perhaps I shouldn't tell you how close I am to putting ALL of my frit up for sale. I swear, I'm frit challenged. The only thing stopping me is that I'm convinced that the day after I ship it all off, I'll wake up and be in love with the stuff.
I even tried to organize it by color, in nifty little boxes. Its so pretty...

Then, I went ahead and organized my seed bead stash.

!
Old 2011-08-17, 4:51am
Tassie Devil

Love your work, so I had to get a copy of this! Love seed beads too.

Today, right now, is a gift - that's why they call it the present!

Old 2011-08-17, 5:48am
BabblingBeads

Just ordered mine. I can't wait to get it!! This is just what I need.

Thanks for putting this together
Old 2011-08-17, 6:11am
Still makin' flowers...

tricia2 - Your email keeps getting returned to me. Can you clean your email in-box a bit so I can try to resend?

Jill & Gayetha - Thank you so much! Please make sure that the color theory tutorial has arrived to you!

!
Old 2011-08-18, 9:17am
My opinion not needed

Love this!! Makes me want to try new colors...I always seem to stick with the same few combinations.
Beautiful!!

Old 2011-08-18, 5:05pm

Nice tutorial, very helpful. Thanks so much

Old 2011-08-19, 6:42am

Thank you verry much Hannah, you´re beadwork is excellent and your tutorial is awesome
Angela
Old 2011-08-21, 7:30am
Still makin' flowers...

Thanks so much for the kind words everyone! I'm glad everyone got theirs. Its pretty huge.
-------------------

I'll be leaving this up just one more day at this price, and then raising it to $15 and putting it up on Etsy. Monday night deadline!

!
Old 2011-09-17, 8:34pm
Entropy increasing....

This is a wonderfully useful tutorial, Hannah.
Old 2011-09-17, 8:43pm
Crazy Snake Lady

Oh man I always need help with color. This looks awesome!!!
Old 2011-09-17, 8:48pm
I'm kinda biz-EE

An amazing tutorial Hannah, educational and extremely useful!

Old 2011-09-18, 11:02pm
Duchess of Dichro

I have really enjoyed your tutorial Hannah

Old 2011-10-24, 10:46am
Still makin' flowers...

Thank you for all the great feedback and kind words! This is a shortened version of the Color Theory classes I taught at both the Illinois Institute of Art and the Art institute of Pittsburgh half a lifetime ago. I pointed it more towards beads, though...

Please make sure that if you ordered this it has arrived. I haven't heard that any haven't, but its big, and I always fuss a bit about making sure these guys make it to their homes.

It is now available both on my website and also in my Etsy shop.

--------
edited to add
Janet - found your email and re-sent it to you. Let me know it arrived this time!

!

Last edited by HannahRachel; 2011-10-30 at 8:11pm.
Old 2011-12-21, 6:37pm
Storm Queen

Ok, I just got this today. I haven't used non-silver glass in forever but recently I've picked it up again to make my kaleidoscope beads. It's been so long that I thought I could use some inspiration and ....education. This is a really nice tutorial but just the pictures of Hannah's gorgeous beadwork alone makes it worth it!