No users in chat

Donate via PayPal to donate@lampworketc.com

Glacial Art Glass

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Library > Tips, Techniques, and Questions

Tips, Techniques, and Questions -- Technical questions or tips

Old 2007-01-12, 9:25am
trying to follow along

Default Aim vs Sundance

Are they buying from the same maufacturer?
http://www.sundanceglass.com/hg6b9r.htm
http://www.aimkilns.com/html/84bd.html

so other than one is a 9x9 floor and the other is an 8x8 is there any difference?

And why can I only find the Aim 94BD on ebay?

Is there any reason why I shouldn't buy either of these?

I have $600 and want to get the most bang for my buck. Right now I'm just doing small beads but I may want to fuse in the future.
Old 2007-01-12, 10:09am

Call Aim Directly...I think the # is 1-800-aim klin. Tell them what you want, if they don't have it in stock, as for phone #'s for a few distributors in your area.... sometimes the diistributor may have overstock that you can pick up cheaper, so try to haggle a little with the distributors. A friend of mine did this last week and saved over 200 on her kiln.

Good luck !

<J>

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 2007-01-12, 10:11am

PS....
I would never order from Sundance.... I have heard way too many bad stories.... I think you would be much better off finding what you need elsewhere....

<J>

Old 2007-01-12, 10:27am

I have the Sundance HG6B9 Kiln. I bought it 4 years ago. It took about a month for me to get it. If you want to buy one from them and you want it faster than that, call and ask first to see if they have any made up and ready to ship. When I finally DID get it, the heating element in it broke within a month. I think they’ve since changed how they install those to solve the problem (or at least I hope so!). It’s been a great kiln for me, overall though. The bead rack in it is awesome! If you do get the HG6B9 Kiln, opt for the hinged door and not the cloth door. Good luck on your search!!

Candy