Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

The Flow

Caber Light

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Library > Tutorials

Old 2006-07-03, 6:59am
Anna Duhame

Default Implosion Floral Beads

This is something that has driven me a little crazy for awhile....

First, ever since I got my Bobcat torch I have HATED making anything encased. This is kind of ironic because in the beginning I was so obsessed with encased florals...

Anyway, would anyone mind sharing the basic technique for doing this? I was thinking Mary's technique would point me in the right direction.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old 2006-07-09, 8:06pm

Bumping....does anyone have or know of a TUT for floral implosion beads...please Anna and I would be ever so greatful
Kris
Old 2006-07-09, 8:27pm
Fire Diva

Kris and Anna...ummm...would love to help you out...do you have a picture of what you are looking for?

Old 2006-07-10, 8:06am

I think Anastasia does some fantastic floral implosions.
http://www.anastasiabeads.de/beads.htm

Kris
Old 2006-07-10, 8:34am
Insane? You're Insane!

Maybe this is what you're looking for?
http://http://www.lampworketc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=4608&highlight=implosion
Old 2006-07-10, 4:58pm

Thanks for the suggestion.
I have tried Mary's Tut...really great, but I wanted something more like Anastaia's florals which are magnificent...she lists a set on her web site called "Jacaranda"....really wonderful. They are probably technically way beyond my ability, but I can PPP and maybe someday!
Kris
Old 2006-07-10, 5:57pm

Location: Im in Lawrenceburg TN .. about 1 1/2 south of Nashville

why dont you ask Anastasia? Im sure if she can she will help .

"If you are lucky enough to find a way of life you love, you have to find the courage to live it."*John Irving*

Old 2006-07-12, 6:37pm
Mary Lockwood

Holy crap, I never knew Anastasia used an implosion technique to achieve those...that is a really cool idea. I thought it was dot stripes and layers of encasement. Not that I would even try to tell anyone how to do those or attempt it myself. I don't think I'd be very good at it. LOL

Hope you find what you need!

~~Mary

Old 2006-07-12, 6:49pm

Why don't I see the picture when I click on Anastasia's site? I have no idea what you guys are talking about
Old 2006-07-13, 4:20am
Insane? You're Insane!

Open the page all the way up, they're on the right hand side of all of the writing.
Old 2006-07-13, 7:41am
Floral Obsessed

I think you're right, Mary Moth... But it still boggles my poor wee mind. Was there ever a written tutorial for that dot stripe encased layer floral beads?
Old 2006-07-17, 10:52pm
Mary Lockwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heather/Ericaceae
I think you're right, Mary Moth... But it still boggles my poor wee mind. Was there ever a written tutorial for that dot stripe encased layer floral beads?
Boggles mine too. LOL It is one of those things I wouldn't touch with a ten foot pole. No, I don't think there was ever a tutorial, but if it is over at WC, I would have missed it.

~~Mary

Old 2006-07-18, 3:35am
Piscean Fire Goddess

I think Anastasia is working on something in this manner. She doesn't have much time to devote to but she is slowly plugging along.
I know she did donate something to the LE Tutorial thing. So who knows, maybe some of her secrets will be revealed.

- SJS Glasswork & Creations
Exploring a philosophical fantasy world.
Old 2006-10-28, 5:03pm
Evil Genius in Disguise

I'm on dialup and can't load the pics you're talking about, but it seems you could just make the flower on the end of the rod beforehand, cut it off like murrine, and apply it to the bead in the same way. Just heat up a glob of clear on the end of the rod, flatten it on top of a pile of frit (or flatten it and lay your dots down on the flat surface), and heat it so it collapses slightly. Flatten and repeat a few times, then cut off the part with the flower in it with nippers or the flame and stick it to a bead. I know I didn't explain that very well, but I hope it helps someone.

"Neighbors suck. Burn her house down and make beads out of her windows."--Shawnette
Old 2006-11-02, 7:20am
Anna Duhame

LOL...you know, I never realized I got so many replies...

YES! The beads that got me thinking were Anastasia's....I was just guessing that they were implosions (that was the only thing I could think of to get that effect)...the other thread with the petal beads (the triangle petal thread)...this kind of has the same effect and yet I still don't have a clue!
http://www.lampworketc.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=37559

This is what you meant Mary, right? I didn't really think about doing it that way...duh!

Last edited by hummingbird3172; 2006-11-02 at 7:31am.
Old 2006-11-02, 7:46am
Anna Duhame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moth
Holy crap, I never knew Anastasia used an implosion technique to achieve those...that is a really cool idea. I thought it was dot stripes and layers of encasement. Not that I would even try to tell anyone how to do those or attempt it myself. I don't think I'd be very good at it. LOL

Hope you find what you need!

~~Mary
Mary, you'd be great at it--I know it! I am going to try what you suggested, I never thought of it being done in that way!