Lampwork Etc.

TrueDesign

LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Donate via PayPal to donate@lampworketc.com

Beads of Courage

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Library > Boro Room

Boro Room -- For Boro-related tips, techniques, and questions.

Old 2016-12-07, 7:01pm

Question Upgrade to Bravo & Oxycon

Hi,
I'm planning to upgrade slowly from a Mega Minor to a Bravo. I want to blow small tubes and make small marbles. I already use a Oxycon15 and wonder if 2 oxycon15 really works or if there is a better efficient option (no oxy bottle where I am) ?
How big a marble can I do with a Bravo and 2 oxycon ?

Last edited by Fired-up; 2016-12-07 at 8:20pm.
Old 2016-12-07, 9:25pm

You can probably get close to 2 inches but it gets to be slow going with the oxycons.

I fed My Phantom 18 LPM and made a 2.4 inch clear in one hour.
The bravo is about the same size as the Phantom.
Old 2016-12-11, 8:19pm

I have a bravo and two 20 psi oxycons. I know feel I could get more out of the Bravo IF I got a third on there.

But atm I can make sculptural work up to 9 inches, and have made 1.5 inch marbles with it...

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old 2016-12-13, 7:47am

I also have the Bravo and 2 x 20's plus 1 Hurricane 20 psi - I run the hurricane on the inner and the 2 20's on the outer

in 5 years, I have been able to do everything I have wanted to with the Bravo.

Quote:
Originally Posted by untamedrose View Post
I have a bravo and two 20 psi oxycons. I know feel I could get more out of the Bravo IF I got a third on there.

But atm I can make sculptural work up to 9 inches, and have made 1.5 inch marbles with it...

Last edited by nevadaglass; 2016-12-13 at 9:42am.
Old 2017-01-02, 3:45pm

Thanks for the information. I have a hard time limiting myself to my small torch and bead size.
Old 2017-01-02, 5:10pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fired-up View Post
Thanks for the information. I have a hard time limiting myself to my small torch and bead size.
You might consider a GTT torch. Iv owned 4 and they are wicked hot and easy on fuel, more so then a Bethlehem.
Old 2017-01-04, 8:42am
ManBearPig

Quote:
Originally Posted by snoopdog6502 View Post
You might consider a GTT torch. Iv owned 4 and they are wicked hot and easy on fuel, more so then a Bethlehem.
Yep. I know a guy that makes 2" marbles on a Lynx. I believe he is on tanked oxygen though.

Old 2017-02-04, 1:08pm

My Bravo takes a lot less fuel than my Champ-- and even less than my PMd2. Could air inject a Beth by feeding air into oxy hose with fitting. Bravo is designed to run well on oxycon--. I use bottled air only because I used to weld and live just a mile from welding supply shop. I think you could do a lot of glass work with a Bravo and oxycon(s).
Old 2017-03-23, 8:14am

Where is the best place to buy oxycon 20 + ? It's almost impossible to get a 15's in Canada.