Lampwork Etc.

Send a PM to CorriDawn!

LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Caber Light

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > The Mall > Sale Rack

Sale Rack -- Sales, Promotions, Giveaways, Specials, Etc.
Only LE Vendors may start threads, but anyone may reply.

Old 2013-08-14, 8:03am

Default Sept 2013 Soda Lime Times is coming out at midnight

It's that time of the month again...time for a new issue of the Soda Lime Times. This month's theme is All the Glitters, and it is all about adding sparkle to your beads with dichro, goldstone, pixie dust and silver and gold foil.

The tutorials are a little different this month as most aren't about making a specific bead, but show you techniques for making your own beads glitter and shine.

Miriam Steger shows how to use small scraps of prefused dichroic on your beads, and in the tutorial she makes the bead in the photo.

To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Corina Tettinger will demonstrate how to encase silver foil with transparent, something you can use as the base for floral, aquarium beads and anything else you can dream up.

To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

I did a Beads of Courage tutorial of an owl that even grown ups will love. Sparkle the Owl is deocrated with easy to make dichro stringer.

Dawn Ceccacci will show you how to make fun and easy faux dichro stringer that is super sparkly.

Bev Buter shares her techniques for using silver foil and dichroic paper cutouts on your beads. I had never heard of dichroic paper, but Bev leads you step by step through preparing it so you can make beads with it.

And Sarah Hornik has shared one of her tutorials from her eBook, 11 Things you can do with Goldstone, making goldstone frit stringer. Sarah doesn't show you how to make a specific bead, but in the photo below you can see what the stringer looks like on one of Sarah's beads.

And Tips from the Masters is by Karen Leonardo who will share her tips for using gold leaf. Our featured artist is Joyce Horn. There is so much great stuff in this issue to help you add sparkle to your beads. If you aren't already a subscriber, you can subscribe on our website by clicking my signature below.

Thanks so much to all of our subscribers! Next month the theme is murrini and cane!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 2013-08-14, 8:06am
Queen Tut ;)

I'm so excited! Dichro paper? Oh noes, one more thing to get addicted too

I always look forward to the 15th of the month, can't wait either, cause I have tomorrow off and can read and play with the tutorials!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old 2013-08-14, 8:11am

Yeah, can you believe it? I'd never heard of it, but apparently fusers use it and I've just been in a deep, dark cave where nobody tells me about this stuff.
Bev comes up with the coolest things to share in her KISS (Keep it so simple) tutorials. I think the woman is a genius and if I lived in Australia I'd beg her to let me spend a day with her.

Old 2013-08-14, 8:13am

I can't wait! too bad I have to work tomorrow and for the next 7 days........

Old 2013-08-14, 3:56pm

SodaLime times. So great!
Old 2013-08-14, 4:49pm

I'm not positive but believe (started as a fuser) what is being referred to as dichroic paper is called Dichroic Slide ... and you can punch shapes out of it like paper.

I have a small piece I bought in the garage sale here on LE .. have yet to play with it.

Old 2013-08-14, 4:53pm
Senior Moment

Ooooo, I have a sheet of dichro paper! Gotta get me this issue.

I never finish anything. I have a black belt in partial arts.
Old 2013-08-14, 4:56pm

Yes Laura, I do think it is the same stuff as dichroic slide. I definitely want to try some myself. I'll just add it to the ever growing list of new tricks I want to try.

Old 2013-08-14, 8:23pm

I'm drooling!
Old 2013-08-14, 8:24pm

oh, can't wait.. 35 min. to go.
Old 2013-08-14, 8:46pm
Mr Brutus RIP

15 now........so tired but I'm waiting up

Old 2013-08-14, 9:05pm

12:05a.m.
Old 2013-08-14, 9:07pm

Oh Cherri, I know midnight CST is late for some people on the east coast. Not too much time left. I'm thinking we need to launch this in the morning because I hate to think I'm keeping my peeps from getting their beauty rest.

Old 2013-08-14, 9:12pm
Fried Cat

I'm up too.

What's up for October? Any Halloween designs?

I learned the encased silver trick from Kerri Fuhr but its an awesome design technique. I'm putting dichro paper on my shopping list!

Last edited by SGA; 2013-08-14 at 9:14pm.
Old 2013-08-14, 9:19pm

Hi Shardi, we did a great Halloween issue last year, so we decided not to repeat the theme again this year. But we'll have a super issue about making murrini and cane and applying it to beads. John Rizzi is our featured artist and we have tutorials by some great artists. Who knows, there may even be a Halloween design in the mix.

Old 2013-08-14, 9:57pm
Fried Cat

Weee! Murrini is even better.
Old 2013-08-15, 3:32am

Just downloaded this months issue ... sparktacular!!! The perfect issue for me ... love it, love it, love it.

Murrini next month ... with John Rizzi ... I can't wait!!! Just bought an optic mold I need to try out!!

Thank you Diane for another wonderful issue and the little tease into next month!!

Old 2013-08-15, 5:05am

Thank you Diane.. lol I DO need my beauty sleep.. LOL.. Only prob. is I would need to sleep for days. LOL .. Everything is wonderful. I could not stay awake work calls..Downloaded my issue this morning and is great as always. Cherri
Old 2013-08-15, 7:13am
I think my raku is broken

So many "ah-ha" moments in this one. Love, love, love. My only regret is that I have to go to my actual job and can't play today.

Old 2013-08-15, 7:22am

Wow! I LOVE this issue .. it's amazing. Really looking forward to next month also!

Thanks Diane!
Old 2013-08-15, 10:35am
BabblingBeads

Got it! Love this issue. I love my dicro. This is one of my favorite!
Old 2013-08-15, 1:41pm

Opened this issue...and called in sick. Had to play. Wow.

The best way to find yourself is to lose yourself in the service of others.
Old 2013-08-15, 1:55pm

Oh my, I'm laughing so hard I think I scared the cat! You made my day Beth!

Thanks Laura, Sheri, Jenny, Patty and Jill. I'm so happy you are enjoying the issue. I can't wait till the weekend when I can go play too. After all of these years I still have a hard time playing hookey during the week when I have work to do...but one Saturday...look out dichro, pixie dust and goldstone. I'm coming for you!

Old 2013-08-17, 3:11pm

mine has not shown up on my e-mail, why? thanks
maria
Old 2013-08-17, 4:51pm

Hi Tish, I'll check into it for you and send you an email. Meanwhile, you can go to our site and log in and see the issue at any time. The emails we send as a courtesy reminder, but you don't need the email to see the issue. Hope this helps, and I'll be in touch soon about why you didn't receive an email from use.

Thanks so much for being a subscriber.

Old 2013-08-17, 5:53pm
I speak Murrini!

Ummmm....signed up and am just FLOORED at all the great information! Wow! I'm loving it!

"Only a fool rushes to his own demise..." ~Zorro
Old 2013-08-17, 7:01pm

Hi DeAnne, welcome! I learn something new every month too!

Old 2013-08-17, 8:34pm
Sheila Davis Designs

I was really inspired by this issue! Thanks Diane and everyone who contributed.

Old 2013-08-18, 6:21am
Torch Singer

My e-mail notice did not show up either; however, was able to download the issue from the site with no problem.

Melissa
Old 2013-08-20, 1:26am

I'm a little late getting to the party, but this issue is beautiful! Especially with dichro being my first love when it comes to glass

"Good judgment comes from experience.. Which, unfortunately, comes from bad judgment."

“Holding onto anger is like drinking poison and waiting for the other person to die.”