Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Donate via PayPal to donate@lampworketc.com

Beads of Courage

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Library > Tips, Techniques, and Questions

Tips, Techniques, and Questions -- Technical questions or tips

Old 2011-07-11, 11:49am

Default Sarah Hornik

I just saw that you posted here today. I wanted to say that I have been drooling over your beads, and I hope to purchase a tutorial from you soon. Is there one that you would suggest for a new lampworker? I was thinking of the color idea book.
Old 2011-07-11, 12:34pm

That one is wonderful, there are so many great combos that are so bright and lively!
I would suggest others but that is the only one I have.
Old 2011-07-11, 1:35pm
Ad astra per aspera

I didn't think she posted here anymore. She took her marbles and started another forum a few years ago. Ssomeone else might remember the name.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 2011-07-11, 1:37pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by DesertDreamer View Post
I didn't think she posted here anymore. She took her marbles and started another forum a few years ago. Ssomeone else might remember the name.
She makes appearances here from time to time. I wish it was more often. Do you mean http://www.torchbugs.com/forums/ (Torchbugs)
Old 2011-07-11, 1:47pm
Duchess of Dichro

All of Sarahs tuts rock Bran! You cannot go wrong with any you try!!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 2011-07-11, 2:05pm

I did not know she owned Torch Bugs. I joined a while ago and am waiting for my account to be activated.
Old 2011-07-11, 2:10pm
Duchess of Dichro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mountain Snail View Post
I did not know she owned Torch Bugs. I joined a while ago and am waiting for my account to be activated.
Actually she doesn't own torchbugs, Deb Bartshe does. Who ever posted that is misinformed

Old 2011-07-11, 2:13pm

Hi Bran, many thanks for the compliment!

I try to aim all my e-books at beadmakers of all levels, so I guess it's a question of what you're most interested in. I'd say Think Pink could be a good one to start out with. Color Ideas is really fun too.

I don't own Torch Bugs, Deb aka FrogSongStudio does. Sadly, it's not very active these days.

|
|
|
Old 2011-07-11, 2:14pm
Smile, it's contagious!

hi Sarah

Some people are like a Slinky... not really good for anything, but you still can't help but smile when you shove them down the stairs.
Old 2011-07-11, 2:14pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Retta View Post
That one is wonderful, there are so many great combos that are so bright and lively!
I would suggest others but that is the only one I have.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leslie Dana View Post
All of Sarahs tuts rock Bran! You cannot go wrong with any you try!!
Thanks Gals!

|
|
|
Old 2011-07-11, 2:15pm

Thanks Sarah,

That is great to know that I could go with any of the ebooks. I love your style!
Old 2011-07-11, 2:15pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gelly View Post
hi Sarah
Hey yourself

|
|
|
Old 2011-07-11, 2:19pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leslie Dana View Post
Actually she doesn't own torchbugs, Deb Bartshe does. Who ever posted that is misinformed
Probably my fault, I was just guessing that was the forum in question. I forgot who started it so I didn't mention whether it was Sarah or not.
Old 2011-07-11, 2:26pm
"Sinners have soul too"

I have all of Sarah's tutorials, they are all very well written and have loads of color ideas and beautiful photos. Think Pink! is one of my favs

I don't think you would be disappointed with any of them though.

Old 2011-07-11, 5:04pm
novembersfyre everywhere

I have all of Sarah's tutorials also. I think if you could choose only one as a beginner Think Pink! should be it. Not only does she describe how to get a gorgeous pink color out of regular old rubino there are also two complete bead tutorials that describe some good techniques that can be applied to beads of any color.

After that if you want color inspiration either of the two color tutorials would be awesome.

If you are ready to work with goldstone get that one.

I love the Mandala one and it does have some intermediate to advanced techniques in it. But what I particularly like about it is that it uses Bullseye glass and describes some wonderful color combinations. The techniques described could be used with any glass.

Old 2011-07-11, 7:01pm
Still makin' flowers...

I have the second of the two color tutorials. It is BEAUTIFUL.

--NEW and Updated Beading Tutorials for all levels
!
Old 2011-07-11, 7:13pm
Flame Dames Rule!

I have Think Pink, and it's beautiful and professionally done. You'll like it!

Sharon Peters
New Bead Display Stands Available - pm me!

Specializing in Critters and Puns and other Cool Stuff...

Old 2011-07-11, 9:54pm
Angel's Mom

I have all of them, too, and they rock--ALL of them!!
Old 2011-07-12, 9:39am
Butterfly Rancher

Sarah's tutorials are incredibly well written and photo'd with tons of great information. I refer back to them all the time and learn something new each time. Think Pink is a great one to start with particularly if 104 is your primary glass.

Here's a tutorial Sarah posted in the free tutorials section to give you a taste of Sarah's great tutorialness.

http://www.lampworketc.com/forums/sh...ghlight=ribbon

May 2014 -- Good-bye Florida and Hello Colorado
Old 2011-07-12, 10:18am
Ave

Oh.. I am soo loving this new tutorial "100 Color Ideas".. The beads are knockouts, the color combos are crazy fun!!, and the tips are so cool. I am already trying to track down some glass that I can't wait to try..
Ave

Old 2011-07-13, 6:33am

Thanks so much for your kind words, everyone!

|
|
|
Old 2011-07-13, 6:37am
Lampworkaholic!

Welcome back Sarah (?) - It's good to "see" you again.

"And all will turn to silver glass, a light on the water, grey ships pass into the west." Annie Lennox
Old 2011-07-13, 6:26pm
The Harbinger of Cuteness

Most everyone who has these tuts seems to be recommending Think Pink! but what if you don't like the color pink? (Why is pink such a popular color, or am I just noticing it a lot because I keep thinking, "ew"? )

~
~

#M-191
Old 2011-07-13, 10:56pm

Thanks everyone! Now I want em' all!
Old 2011-07-13, 11:00pm
Duchess of Dichro

Of course you do!! You will learn so much from any of them

Old 2011-07-13, 11:04pm
Entropy increasing....

She does do really good tuts. I have 3 of them and they are all like having an encyclopedia.

(how many people when they have to type encyclopedia have the old Jimminy Cricket song in their head from when they were 7?)
Old 2011-07-13, 11:05pm
Duchess of Dichro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyssa View Post
Most everyone who has these tuts seems to be recommending Think Pink! but what if you don't like the color pink? (Why is pink such a popular color, or am I just noticing it a lot because I keep thinking, "ew"? )
If you are not into pinks try Sarah's latest, "100 color ideas". It is filled with eye candy and inspiration

Old 2011-07-13, 11:13pm
Entropy increasing....

The goldstone one is just as good.
Old 2011-07-14, 7:14am
randomly active member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyssa View Post
Even if you don't like the color pink, the technical information is worth every penny and she gives examples of other colors that work similarily. The step by step tutorials are awesome and can be used with any color scheme, not just pink. It is my favorite of all the tutorials I have purchased thus far and I wasn't a huge pink fan either (but am slowly becoming a convert lol).
.:.

Old 2011-07-14, 7:40am
Jacqueline Parkes

Sarah's tutorials are the bomb.