Lampwork Etc.

Mountain Glass Arts

LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Beads of Courage

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Business as usual > Classes, Retreats, Get togethers, Etc.

Classes, Retreats, Get togethers, Etc. -- Upcoming classes, retreats, special events, Get togethers. Please delete your thread when the event is over.

Old 2009-09-04, 10:47am

Default Mastering Dichro & Metals, A fabulous Southern California class - Two Seats Available

Lisa St. Martin will be in teaching her "Mastering Dichro & Metals" class on September 12 & 13, the class fee is $435. This class has 2 seats left! More details here... I almost had it full but I have someone who needs to cancel, so there is now two spots open. Here's a revised description from Lisa:

This is a fun class. I've taken the student's favorite parts of my 5-day "All That Glitters" class and divided it into 2 days.

The first day is all about dichro.....how to buy it, how to cut and anneal it yourself (and why you need to do that), how to use the dichro on clear, on colored glass, textures etc. without getting scum. We make dichro stringers, glow glass stringers (glow in the dark) and other decorative sparkly stringers.

Second day we work with metals, copper, silver & gold. Everything from inclusions to fuming. Gold fuming is always a student favorite.

We pack as much stuff in 2 days as our brains will allow. I also show the method I use to get thin clean casing, my fabulous spiderwebbing technique and marbleizing and so much more.

Any questions? Would you like to sign up? Please contact me at DonnaConklin@DKConklin.com or 310-413-9789

OH btw, The Mandrel also has a new mailing address:

PO Box 2191, Redondo Beach, CA 90278