Lampwork Etc.

AKDesign

LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Frantz Art Glass & Supply

Beads of Courage

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Library > Boro Room

Boro Room -- For Boro-related tips, techniques, and questions.

Old 2010-09-29, 2:05pm

Default Looking for a teacher in Ohio

I am so frustrated!!!! Trying to blow ornaments (on a torch) with frit on them and I'm having way to much trouble. Is there anyone in the state of Ohio who is for hire?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"She said she cried at least once a day, not because she was sad, but because the world is so beautiful and life is so short" Brian Andreas
Old 2010-09-29, 6:08pm
ManBearPig

I'm not in Ohio, but I can be if you want to make it happen...

I'm working on a tutorial for it, but not sure when it will be ready.

Old 2010-09-29, 7:03pm

If you need a "tester"....
I wish I could afford to bring you here!

"She said she cried at least once a day, not because she was sad, but because the world is so beautiful and life is so short" Brian Andreas
Old 2010-09-29, 8:03pm

I *think* that Neusole glassworks may offer lessons like this. They have a studio down by UC in Clifton.

I'm planning on checking with them in the next few weeks because I'm trying to figure out the same thing
Old 2010-09-29, 11:35pm
Type ZZZ personality

Check with Glass Axis in Columbus.

Lynx with 2 5-lpm oxycons
Old 2010-09-30, 9:27am

Thanks, I'll contact both places. I did contact the Works in Newark, Ohio and they weren't interested in private classes.

Old 2010-09-30, 7:42pm

Default over here

neusole does private instruction for $50 hr minimum 4 hrs to book.we also do an ornament intensive early december i will post details when i have a date.
Old 2010-09-30, 8:39pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by michael goodman View Post
neusole does private instruction for $50 hr minimum 4 hrs to book.we also do an ornament intensive early december i will post details when i have a date.
Is this a flame work course?

Old 2010-10-03, 1:19am
Formerly Fireflyartglass

is toledo in ohio? Sorry I am not from America but I remember tink is in in Toledo. She is the queen of soft glass blown ornaments and vessels . I don't know if she does lessons though or if she works with boro or tubing.
Old 2010-10-11, 7:30pm

Hey Lisa,
The Toledo Museum of Art is doing a flameworked ornament class December 11th and 12th. They give private lessons too

http://www.toledomuseum.org/learn/classes

~Rochelle
Old 2010-10-11, 10:27pm

Thank you! I have contacted the suggested studios with no luck. This looks promising!

Old 2010-10-18, 10:35am
I love glass

There is not a lot of glass classes offered around here unless you do the basic ones at glass axis. When I tell people that I make glass beads with a torch they look at me strange and don't understand. I have basically taught everything to myself and have never went to a class.

Last edited by infinitecharms; 2010-10-18 at 10:36am. Reason: mistake
Old 2010-10-18, 1:48pm
Harold Williams Cooney

Steve Sizelove

tell 'im happy's 'ur man and ya want the high five off

American Trade Bead Food Program; Necklace auctions
, entertainment that improves Colorado.
Old 2010-10-18, 4:03pm

I know someone in Dayton, Ohio that teaches blowing christmas ornaments on a torch. If that is close PM me.
Old 2010-10-19, 8:17am
ILERNTITBYWATCHINU

ypu i grew up in toledo. the museum offers great classes.

Old 2010-10-19, 11:45am

Inspired Fire in Lafayette, IN. Sharon Owens.
Old 2010-10-20, 9:51am

Thanks everyone. I am signed up for a class at Toledo. Thanks!!!