LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

The Flow

Beads of Courage

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Library > Tutorials

Old 2011-09-21, 12:42am

Question What you want

I'm in the middle of my photography camera set up & editing type tutorial. I've been asked over and over to write one. I've neglected to follow through with it in the past because I felt there was already enough information and tutorials out there that already covered it. However not having bought any of the tutorials, I have no idea what has been covered. And I'm still being asked over and over to write one.

It's been in the works for some time now but life keeps getting in my way.

Now I'm motivated to complete it, but before I get too far, I thought I would ask those of you that are interested in this tutorial from me, if you could send me the information that you feel is important to you, so I can be sure I've included it in my tutorial.

I would like you to email me your suggestions to sislonski@shaw.ca or to send me a private message through LE or a private message through facebook if you have me added as a friend or even if you don't. (you're welcome to add me.)

Thank you.

Shari

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 2011-09-21, 8:26am

Thank you so much for the overwhelming amount of emails so far.
I really appreciate all the feedback and helpful information/suggestions.

You all are great!

Old 2011-09-22, 9:55am

I love your photography of you work. I will be waiting for this to come out!
Old 2011-09-22, 10:57am
I'm kinda biz-EE

Waiting anxiously for this, I can always use more photography info! Thanks for working on it.

Old 2011-09-22, 11:20am
tweetysweetie

And I'll be right behind Kimerly, Shari, I've admired your work for years..make it good!

Old 2011-09-22, 3:20pm

You guys are so amazing, thank you so much for the continued influx of emails with suggestions and feedback.

shari

Old 2011-09-22, 3:54pm

Kimberly you don't have to make a suggestion.
I'm getting emails from artists wanting to know how to take good photos,
how to set up a photo studio, how to edit photos and everything that is involved with it.

Mostly they are emailing me with problems that they are having and hoping that in my tutorial that problem will be addressed or will help in solving it.

Old 2011-09-22, 4:49pm

I'm in line too. Amongst everything else, I would love to learn how to edit in paint.net.

If you cannot stand behind our troops, please feel free to stand in front of them.
Old 2011-09-25, 4:16pm

You guys are the best. Thanks for continuing to email me your suggestions/ideas, wants. Much appreciated!

Getting there, almost at the finish line.

Old 2011-09-27, 8:39am
Master Procrastinator

Definitely interested in this! Your photos are amazing!

Old 2011-09-29, 10:50pm

Shari - Your photography is spectacular and I am always looking for new information to improve my pictures.

Old 2012-01-02, 3:27pm

Hello Shari:

I am also in line for your tutorial on photography. I think your bead photographs are the best ones I have seen. I guess it is not out yet, I just checked your Etsy shop. I can't wait to see it!

David

Old 2012-01-04, 12:09pm

Sorry for the continuous delay in this and other tutorials.
I have been dealing with issues that I would like to keep private. They are on my list of "things to complete" and I'm hopeful that the next month should prove to see some of my list completed.

David I happened to see your work at the Fraser Valley Bead show. While you're photos are not bad at all, I was AMAZED at how stunning they are in person. The first thought that entered my mind when seeing your beads is the size of them. The photos of yours that I've seen in the past don't project the size. Not that photos every really do. But I think you need to project that more as it makes them even more amazing.

Old 2012-01-10, 9:35am

Hello Shari:

Thank you so much for the lovely compliment. The size issue in images is one that has always bothered me, but I do not like to use props, feeling that the viewer should focus on the subject. The only prop that I think shows bead size well is showing the bead in the hand, I could perhaps force myself to show one image, but my hands are not that pretty. Maybe you could persuade me in your tutorial to try something attractive... Please?

David