Lampwork Etc.

Send a PM to CorriDawn!

LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Jelveh Designs - Glass Beads Torched One-by-One

Beads of Courage

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Library > Boro Room

Boro Room -- For Boro-related tips, techniques, and questions.

Old 2012-02-02, 6:23pm
Wonder-wench

^^^ I visit this forum every day and prefer the more pleasant and friendly interaction here than what I seen on talkglass.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 2012-02-02, 8:02pm

It may be more pleasant but if you are looking for homefill information there is no better place to go than talkglass. I have used and sold quite a few machines, and whips. No one is really going to put together a step by step that could cover every topic with these systems as they are so many different variables.

If you are a boro worker on anything bigger than a lynx I think oxy cons are a waste unless you get an industrial oxy con that puts out high psi. 15psi doesnt cut it for me.
Old 2012-02-03, 8:14am

I couldn't agree more. Tons of information on talkglass. Drew is a pioneer on these systems. Cost and Performance homefill is the only way to go. On a basic level, you need a concentrator. I use the invacare Platinum XL or Perfecto II. They have a special connection for the homefill compressor. You can use several other concentrators. Then you need the homefill compressor. This unit is made to fill medical bottles. The final piece you need is a whip. This connects the homefill unit to a larger industrial tank. I have a few homefill compressors and whips for sale. I also know where you can get an invacare concentrator for about 350-400 shipped that is reconditioned. You can buy this used very cheap too. Hope that helps.
Old 2012-02-03, 8:23am

I just got a notice from ups that my home fill is going to bee delivered today. Should have it up and fillin over the weekend yippee!!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old 2012-02-03, 1:44pm
sorcerer

By the time an OG20 arrives in Australia and gets to your door it has cost you $3200, a compressor to fill oxy bottles is $5000 (they also wear out very quickly) there is a booster that will pressurise to about 80PSI which is cheaper, one concentrator has to run 24 hours to fill bottles which you will use up in a day, running a torch is not so much about pressure but volume, my 2 OG20s run a Mirage very well and when I bring the third one on line it fairly rages. As I work every day I have no time to wait for bottles to fill and need to simply turn on and work.
As for budget,that's simple, I work full time in glass and have done for 30 years, you roll profits over into equipment.
cheers, Bernard

Old 2012-02-03, 6:12pm
Kobuki & DIY Homefill Sys

Quote:
Originally Posted by LePatron View Post
All the information from talkglass regarding homefills is here, too.
Not to the same extent.
Old 2012-02-05, 7:14pm

Well I have the first tank filling on the homefill. Yippee!! so glad.

Old 2012-02-05, 8:10pm

^^ or LePatron you could go get the info and bring it back, if it means that much to you.
Old 2012-02-06, 7:18am
Kobuki & DIY Homefill Sys

Quote:
Originally Posted by deb tarry View Post
Well I have the first tank filling on the homefill. Yippee!! so glad.
Congrats! It really is a nifty way to fill your own.
Old 2012-02-06, 12:46pm
Always Improving

pictures, source of supply?

Mike...
Old 2012-02-06, 5:30pm

Deb where did you get your system and how much did it cost.

Donna...
Old 2012-02-06, 7:44pm

I went through another LE member here called drew1492 he sells the home fill that attaches to your oxygen concentrator then to your tank. I just blew through that first tank this morning and didn't feel guilty for going through the WHOLE tank (its a shorty).
I will take pictures of the set up tomorrow. If any one is interested in this system send drew a pm he is a good guy to help you decide whether this will work for you.