LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

The Flow

Beads of Courage

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Library > Tutorials > Tutorials to purchase

Old 2012-12-08, 8:45am
Tweedle Dumb

Ohh, Lisa, beautiful! The other side might not have stuck like you wanted it to, but it goes perfectly with the bead. WOW. YEAH!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
<Click For My Latest Murrini!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
<Click! For Pandora Style Beads!
Old 2012-12-08, 9:30am

Thanks! The bead was made from the leftover ends of the murrini pull, so it's all the same glass.

Old 2012-12-08, 10:39am
I think I could be a bead

Wooooo hoooooo! Just ordered mine!

Old 2012-12-08, 11:10am
Tweedle Dumb

Well that would certainly explain why they match so well. It's beautiful.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LisaF View Post
Thanks! The bead was made from the leftover ends of the murrini pull, so it's all the same glass.
Mallory, sent it off to you. Thanks!

Old 2012-12-08, 11:28am

Nice bead, Lisa. And thanks for the tip on striking. Apparently I didn't do that properly because I didn't get a load of color and was disappointed. ppp
Old 2012-12-08, 11:55am

Thanks guys. Pat, once you have the murrini pressed how you want it on your bead, give it some super heat then focus regular heat on other parts of the bead to let the murrini cool down a bit. Then go back to your murrini and "gently" heat and cool a few times. That brings out the color for me. Hope it works for you too.

Old 2012-12-08, 3:02pm

Oh wow , this looks like a lot of fun, had to get it!

"All true artists, whether they know it or not, create from a place of no-mind, from inner stillness."
Eckhart Tolle

Cathy[/font]
Old 2012-12-08, 7:42pm

Lisa, I'm going to write this out and keep by my torch. thanks a bunch.
Old 2012-12-09, 9:00am
Tweedle Dumb

Lisa, thanks for adding your tips.

Pat, you'll get it. It just takes a little practice.

Old 2012-12-09, 11:21am

I agree. It's very easy.

Old 2012-12-10, 8:04pm
I think I could be a bead

Great tut and I've learned from it!!! Wow!!!!

Old 2012-12-11, 7:16am
Tweedle Dumb

Thanks, Mallory. I'm glad you enjoyed it.

My internet is hit and miss these days, so forgive any delays. I might need to go to the library to send it off. I can see when one sells on my phone, but can't do anything about it with out my computer. ARgh. Technology.

Old 2012-12-11, 12:54pm
rainbowchasingtimewaster

I've now officially made a metric butt load of it. Can't stop!

Now...who can I get to nip this stuff? Ooooh, Desiree has the day off....

Lori Peterson - Try telling a Dachshund no and you will understand the true meaning of futility.

*f

Old 2012-12-11, 1:14pm
randomly active member

Just bought it. Can't wait to get it ... although it will be the 3rd murrini tutorial I have now purchased and I will probably still just continue to buy it from you and from Lori cause I am lazy like that
.:.

Old 2012-12-11, 6:59pm
Tweedle Dumb

I cant wait to see what you ladies can do with them.

Old 2012-12-12, 12:39am
rainbowchasingtimewaster

I did some tester beads and ZING! I'm a happy camper!

Lori Peterson - Try telling a Dachshund no and you will understand the true meaning of futility.

*f

Old 2012-12-12, 7:44am
Tweedle Dumb

What kind of cruel person says that and doesn't follow it up with a picture? Seriously, Lori.

I'm super excited to see what they look like.

Last edited by jamie lynne; 2012-12-12 at 8:46am.
Old 2012-12-12, 8:30am

I agree! Lori, we NEED to SEE!
Please?

Old 2012-12-12, 11:24am

Get a grip, Lori. pics pics!
Old 2012-12-12, 11:35am
Beadmaking.nl

Quote:
Originally Posted by LisaF View Post
Thanks guys. Pat, once you have the murrini pressed how you want it on your bead, give it some super heat then focus regular heat on other parts of the bead to let the murrini cool down a bit. Then go back to your murrini and "gently" heat and cool a few times. That brings out the color for me. Hope it works for you too.
Thanks Lisa for this tip, I had the same as Pat. I will try it.

Old 2012-12-12, 11:37am
Beadmaking.nl

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetiedog View Post
Just bought it. Can't wait to get it ... although it will be the 3rd murrini tutorial I have now purchased and I will probably still just continue to buy it from you and from Lori cause I am lazy like that
Haha, I love Murrini tutorials also!

Old 2012-12-13, 11:53am
rainbowchasingtimewaster

Well, here it all is, nipped! Now I'm off to the torch to use more of it.

*f

Old 2012-12-13, 12:17pm
randomly active member

Holy cats Lori! That is just way too much murrini for one person. I think you should send some to me Nice loot!

Great tutorial Jamie. I don't have any of your suggested glass so I am going to need to go on a glass buying spree. Darn. But I will attempt some this weekend substituting in some other glass that I do have.

Old 2012-12-13, 12:40pm
Tweedle Dumb

This is why I sell them. There are just so many. They look exactly like mine! WTG Lori! you got brave and tried red! I'm too chicken to try red, not sure why... I'm anxious to see how they turn out!

Quote:
Originally Posted by loribeads View Post
Well, here it all is, nipped! Now I'm off to the torch to use more of it.

Old 2012-12-13, 12:44pm
Tweedle Dumb

Ohh, I also talked to Brad (StrikingColor) and he says there will be more glass available soon. Or, NOW. I guess soon was a couple days ago, and it's in the store right now.

Last edited by jamie lynne; 2012-12-13 at 1:26pm.
Old 2012-12-13, 12:52pm
rainbowchasingtimewaster

I love red. It turned out really good, Jamie. You should definitely try it. I used Reichenbach Strawberry (my favie).

*f

Old 2012-12-13, 12:57pm

HELLO? EARTH TO LORI - Not pictures of the murrini, you goofball, picture of beads using murrini!!

Old 2012-12-13, 1:27pm
Tweedle Dumb

Ditto, Lisa. She's holding out on us.

Old 2012-12-13, 1:38pm
rainbowchasingtimewaster

They're in the kiln!

*f

Old 2012-12-13, 10:02pm

Lori - where are they now?