Lampwork Etc.

Send a PM to CorriDawn!

LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Donate via PayPal to donate@lampworketc.com

Beads of Courage

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Library > Boro Room

Boro Room -- For Boro-related tips, techniques, and questions.

Old 2011-01-13, 8:00am

Default Kobuki class - wow!!!!

Just got back from Colorado after taking the John Kobuki class. First quick shout out to John. You are a most awesome instructor and I thank you for your time, knowledge, encouragement and friendship. The class was overwhelming and it will be a while before everything I learned will sink in. To Shaun and the staff from Glasscraft - THANK YOU! You guys ROCK! Glasscraft staff is the best and couldn't have been nicer or more helpful. I didn't want to leave and come home. I think at one point I asked Shaun if I could just move in....hahahaha. If you ever get the chance to take a Kobuki class don't hesitate. The knowledge you gain is priceless. I will cherish my first formal class and if my pictures turn out decent will post them. It was a great group. I miss you guys already.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 2011-01-13, 8:41am
Marbles, dude, Marbles

I know what you mean and I agree with you 100%. I took a workshop with John back in September, 2008 at Revere Studio in Berkeley and took many pages of notes. When I saw the marble that John made for the 'marble swap' two weeks ago in the "Marbles" room here on LE I dug out my notes and reread his step-by-step on how to make a 'complex orchid'. Truly fantastic!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 2011-01-13, 9:25am
Hobby Junkie

And where are your pics of your work from the class??????

I've taken one of his classes. He's a great instructor, isn't he.

Old 2011-01-13, 10:20am
Marbles, dude, Marbles

Some are in my online store at www.stonepillowglass.com

Old 2011-01-13, 11:16am

Cori,
I haven't had a chance to down load them yet. I'm back at my regular job (legal assist.) and plan on downloading and posting tonight when I get home. Yes he is a wonderful instructor. I'd do it again in a heartbeat.

Old 2011-01-14, 5:01am

John is a great person and a good friend. When he teaches a class and you sit there and watch and he makes it look so simple. The last class I took with him was up in maine at Playing with Fire. My friend Dick W and I just looked at each other like how the heck does he do that. He is and always will be the best. DanG
Old 2011-01-14, 12:01pm
Marbles, dude, Marbles

I've never watched a surgeon operate (can't stand the blood and guts) but JOHN HAS THE STEADIEST HANDS I'VE EVER SEEN. During the whole workshop what amazed me the most was that no matter how thin and long the stringer was there was NEVER any shake to it!!!

Old 2011-01-16, 6:10pm
Flamewoman

Hi Roberta!
It was so nice meeting you and having lunch that day! I was in the class after yours, and I can tell you that It was amazing to watch John Kobuki work with boro. I think my work will improve, I learned a lot. We ought to get a thread of pictures of work done "after" the class. First thing I'm going to try is a Jellyfish. How about you?

You cannot do a kindness too soon, for you never
know how soon it will be too late.

PLEASE like my page!
Old 2011-01-17, 6:16am

Hi Mary,
Right back atcha! It was great having lunch with you, Jill and Leslie. It's always nice to put a face to the avatar. I've already got things spinning in my head about things to do. I did a couple of pendants this weekend - one of which is a flower that turned out pretty nice. Will post tonight. I learned so much and and and and...........well you know