Lampwork Etc.

Mountain Glass Arts

LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Donate via PayPal to donate@lampworketc.com

Beads of Courage

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Business as usual > Classes, Retreats, Get togethers, Etc.

Classes, Retreats, Get togethers, Etc. -- Upcoming classes, retreats, special events, Get togethers. Please delete your thread when the event is over.

Old 2011-02-17, 9:24am

Thanks Astrid, that's very helpful.

Zoozii's here in the States look like they have something similar, so I'll pick up a lentil press from them, slim-sided of course

Are you sure I can fill that large of a cavity?! I came from the itty-bitty girl club, I've been trying to make larger beads because there's more 'canvas area' but seems I can only do those in class So you'll help right?

Bette
Old 2011-02-18, 11:56pm
To bead Yeah! ;)

Bette, after this class you are not going to make another small bead, ha,ha..

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
_
NEW "Marble Twist" tut!
HOLLOW BEAD, 3D SQUARES for hollow beads, Rose Murrini and Multi Murrini tut, JETZT alle in DEUTSCH erhältlich!
Old 2011-02-19, 8:07am
To bead Yeah! ;)

I stand corrected, mine is also from Zooii. it is my crunch press that is from Maria louise

_
NEW "Marble Twist" tut!
HOLLOW BEAD, 3D SQUARES for hollow beads, Rose Murrini and Multi Murrini tut, JETZT alle in DEUTSCH erhältlich!
Old 2011-02-19, 12:23pm

Oh I am so in trouble!!

That lentil is huge!! It'll take me an hour just to make a big enough core LOL!

No Astrid, I won't be the whiner in the class, I am so looking forward to getting a nice lentil made and with the techniques you use on your canvas? they'll be drop dead gorgeous!

So looking forward to meeting you and playing in March.

My best

Bette
Old 2011-02-22, 7:07pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by glass addict View Post
I'm driving and staying in a hotel. Would love a roomie!

Portia,
Should we bring glass?

Thanks,
Mary
I'm just following up on Mary's earlier question. Along with the tools that Astrid said we should bring with us, do we need to bring any glass? Also will we need an optic mold?

Thanks,

Candace

Minor
Old 2011-02-23, 12:11am
To bead Yeah! ;)

Candace, no glass no optic molds required.

_
NEW "Marble Twist" tut!
Old 2011-02-23, 12:59am

Alrighty... Thanks, Astrid.

Minor
Old 2011-02-23, 9:24am
To bead Yeah! ;)

This is the round bead roller I will be bringing along to sell for those who don't have one and would like one. In the meantime we have also painted the handle red!

The cost will be $10.00

_
NEW "Marble Twist" tut!
Old 2011-02-23, 10:08am

Please put me down for one. woo hoo

Thanks, Astrid.

Minor
Old 2011-02-23, 12:25pm

Wow - 2cm - put me down too please.
Thanks Nohline
Old 2011-02-23, 12:37pm

Hi Astrid,

I've responded to the email Portia sent to us, but as a confirmation...I want one of the 20mm round graphite tool, along with the fuming kit you are selling.

Thanks...can't wait to meet all of you!

Kathie

Old 2011-02-23, 1:30pm

Hi Astrid! I would also like the fuming kit and the graphite tool. Thanks! Looking forward to meeting everyone!
Old 2011-02-23, 1:33pm
Addicted to Frit!!!

Hi Astrid,

I, too, have emailed Portia but just in case wanted to let you know that I want EVERYTHING you're selling--lol!!! Both the 20mm round graphite tool and the fuming kit. Thanks so much for bringing them with you!!

Premium Frit Blends
Check us out on

Old 2011-02-23, 1:35pm

Hi Astrid,

I would also like the fuming kit and the graphite tool. I am notifying Portia, but I thought I would let you know too. I am SO looking forward to your class!!!

Thanks,
Jeannie

Be gentle with yourself. You are a child of the universe, no less than the trees and the stars. In the noisy confusion of life, keep peace in your soul. (Max Ehrmann)
Old 2011-02-23, 7:57pm
grama punky - class junky

I am on board for the tool and the kit also...did let Portia know. I am so very excited!! looking forward to meeting everyone. Anyone still intersted in sharing a room?

Old 2011-02-24, 11:18am
To bead Yeah! ;)

This is the complete list of tools we will be using:

Didynium glasses!!
Mask for working with enamels( I think Portia has these)
Sieve for enamels
Tungsten pick
Graphite paddle
Sharp pointed Tweezer
Glass (wheel) cutter for snipping murrini
Lentil press preferably large
Glass snips ( scissors)
Round bead roller, for “apple core” beads ( like the one in the pic above)
Small pocket knife or something similar
Metal ruler
Aluminum grooved marver
Large crunch press
and the Fuming kit.

_
NEW "Marble Twist" tut!

Last edited by Astrid Riedel; 2011-02-24 at 11:24am.
Old 2011-02-26, 7:58pm
Irish Eyes A Smiling

Tools always go fast......and some buy for friends (I'm included in that bunch) so just want to let you know I'd like 2!

Can't wait!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Astrid Riedel View Post
This is the round bead roller I will be bringing along to sell for those who don't have one and would like one. In the meantime we have also painted the handle red!

The cost will be $10.00

Old 2011-02-26, 8:16pm
Finding Sanity with Glass

Hi Astrid!!!

I have responded to the email Portia sent to us, but I am being on the safe side by posting here also..... yes on fuming kit.....yes on bead roller.

Wendy

" border="0" />

Old 2011-02-26, 8:38pm
Irish Eyes A Smiling

Still looking for what the fuming kit consists of......anybody have a link or know the message # in this thread....thought I'd read them all but obviously not.......will probably want one but want to know what it is and how much before I commit....

Old 2011-02-27, 12:31am
To bead Yeah! ;)

The fuming kit contains 2 quartz rods a small wooden block to hold them, a thread of 22ct gold and a thread of fine silver.
I am selling them for $15.00 which is at absolute cost so that everyone who takes part in the workshop can afford one.

The graphite bead roller is $10.00 also at cost price, and probably a once of item we will make. I therefore don't want to sell more than one per person, as I I have a limited amount and still need to take a lot to Europe this year too.

_
NEW "Marble Twist" tut!
Old 2011-02-27, 8:01am

I have a question for the people who are going to be flying to the course.
I really don't want to put all of my tools in my suitcase. You know how things always get lost at the worst possible time. But I don't fly much, and I'm not sure if our lampwork tools would fall into the list of things that are not allowed to be carried on the plane. Of course the knife would not be allowed.
What is everyone else going to be doing?

Jeannie

Be gentle with yourself. You are a child of the universe, no less than the trees and the stars. In the noisy confusion of life, keep peace in your soul. (Max Ehrmann)
Old 2011-02-27, 4:02pm

Jeannie
I am going to be shipping mine by Fedex a couple of days before. I can track the parcel to make sure it get's to Portia's a day or so before I do in case of bad weather. I will then also ship it back. I will not be checking luggage on the plane and these things would not be allowed onto the plane as hand luggage.
See you there
Nohline
Old 2011-02-27, 6:47pm

I have traveled with smaller tools- tweezer, presses, minor torch, tools under 9" in length. Your airline could help with info. I usually carry a list of tools needed from the instructor along with a bead or two. Also a description of the class I'm taking with pics of the artist's work. That's just what I've done and so far no problems. I just don't bring the obvious forbidden.

I usually take along in my carry on.

Minor
Old 2011-02-28, 12:08pm
Irish Eyes A Smiling

I'm baffled by the crunch press. Anybody got a photo to post so I can figure out what I'm looking for? I've got Jim Moore lentil tool and full set of Mag's Mashers

Old 2011-02-28, 1:41pm

Default Lentil Press

Hi Lynn,

I bought the Zoozii Lentil XL found here...

http://www.zooziis.com/lentils.aspx

Oh and Astrid I made a lentil (almost perfect) first time!!

'Course now I've used up my beginners luck

Astrid, just to chime in I would like the fuming kit and the graphite roller, I emailed Portia as well.

Thanks for bringing them with you.

Best regards

Bette
Old 2011-02-28, 1:44pm

Default Chicago Day on the Town

Astrid,

I hear MO 3/14 is at least one of the days you'll be site seeing in Chicago?

Portia says to talk to everyone to find out what we're doing. I hear there is a train in from Naperville so we don't have to do vehicles.

I'll be driving to the workshop but if we're going to make a whole day of 'play' in Chicago, I'll stay another night.

Astrid, is there anything in particular you'd like to see in Chicago?

My best

Bette
Old 2011-02-28, 6:30pm

Thanks Nohline and Candace on the different ideas to get my tools there. I'm not sure yet what I plan on doing, but I guess I better be deciding pretty quick.

Jeannie

Old 2011-03-01, 4:24am

Portia and Astrid,

I'd like the graphite tool and kit as well.

Thanks!
Mary
Old 2011-03-01, 6:55am
To bead Yeah! ;)

Bette, Thank you for asking Are there Glass art galleries in Chicago, that would be nice to see and if we could enjoy a nice lunch somewhere that would be great
Any suggestions are welcome, I have no idea what the attractions in Chicago are.

The "crunch" press I have looks a lot like the one "Cattwalk" has but mine has the pins for alignment.
http://www.cattwalk.com/crunches.htm#Wide Crunches

If you can't get one I am sure we can share amongst eachother with those that do have, and otherwise one can also use two flat graphite padles to flatten the shape, it is not paramount to have one.

_
NEW "Marble Twist" tut!
Old 2011-03-08, 3:39am

Default Time is coming quickly!

Well, it looks like everyone is getting to know each other already before class, and the excitement is rising! I can hardly wait! Vent system is in, tools are in place and we are rearing to go! Please let me know if anyone has any food allergies as I will be fixing lunch for everyone and I will try my best to accomodate!
Monday is our play day in the city so hope everyone can join us. Easy to take a train to the city and the hotel should be able to do a shuttle to the train station. We will plan a meeting time and place... get back to you on that!
Astrid has mentioned that she would be willing to teach a one day class on Saturday if there is enough interest. Wig Wag class, and it would be different from the 2-day class for those who were not able to come to the 2 day class, but wanted to take a class from her. Let me know if there is interest.
Portia