Lampwork Etc.

TrueDesign

LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Jelveh Designs - Glass Beads Torched One-by-One

Glacial Art Glass

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Business as usual > Classes, Retreats, Get togethers, Etc.

Classes, Retreats, Get togethers, Etc. -- Upcoming classes, retreats, special events, Get togethers. Please delete your thread when the event is over.

Old 2009-01-19, 10:18am
In spite of it all!

Will do... you are on the lurker list!

Sure will be great to see what you made in Trey's class! He is my shield hero and such an inspiration.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Our ultimate freedom is the right and power to decide how anybody or anything outside ourselves will affect us. ~ Stephen Covey

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 2009-01-19, 10:48am
In spite of it all!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevan View Post
The high desert of Easter Oregon.

That is so BEAUTIFUL Kevan! Thank you so much for sharing. Maybe it would be good to have a desert theme day of bead making with these photos as some inspiration?

Our ultimate freedom is the right and power to decide how anybody or anything outside ourselves will affect us. ~ Stephen Covey

Old 2009-01-19, 12:39pm

The Bend area is beautiful...
Here is a picture of Smith Rock, it's not far from Ruth's place and well worth a visit!

Old 2009-01-19, 12:45pm
I'm meeeeelting

I have fond memories of Bend/skiing at Mt. Bachelor when I was in high school with my childhood best friend and her family every winter break.

Foot Pedal Tutorial:

Kevlar Fingerless Gloves:

Last edited by artsyuno; 2009-01-19 at 3:40pm.
Old 2009-01-19, 2:29pm
In spite of it all!

I want to go up to Mt. Bachelor so much! I am to old to ski now and my bones a mess from being sick for so long.... But boy do I want to go watch everyone having a good time. It's so fun to be around happy people!

Maggie... Did you take that picture? It's beautiful!

Old 2009-01-19, 2:37pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by KetchikanSculptor View Post
I want to go up to Mt. Bachelor so much! I am to old to ski now and my bones a mess from being sick for so long.... But boy do I want to go watch everyone having a good time. It's so fun to be around happy people!

Maggie... Did you take that picture? It's beautiful!
Yeah I did, have you been to Smith Rock yet?
It's one of my favorite places on earth!

I think you should just get in your car and go up to the mountain., you can sit in the lodge sipping something warm and yummy while you watch people ski. I think that would be a nice way to spend an afternoon...

Old 2009-01-19, 4:04pm

I think you should just get in your car and go up to the mountain., you can sit in the lodge sipping something warm and yummy while you watch people ski. I think that would be a nice way to spend an afternoon...[/quote]

Yes... this is the CIVILIZED way to enjoy snow!

"In theory, there is no difference between theory and practice; in practice there is." ~ Chuck Reid
Old 2009-01-19, 4:06pm

Oh, and Ruth, I am spreading the word with people I want to camp out & make beads with... hope you don't mind!! Anyone who makes me laugh out loud is on MY list!! ;-D

"In theory, there is no difference between theory and practice; in practice there is." ~ Chuck Reid
Old 2009-01-19, 4:09pm
Martyrs don't bitch.

Nice pic Kevan, are you coming? We'd love to have you!

I lived/worked out of the Prineville BLM for a summer and the scenery is lovely. Just pass the 50 SPF twice a day. Three time if you're out after 5.

< - Click for Etsy Shop
Old 2009-01-19, 4:13pm
In spite of it all!

It's all good and cool with me Jenny! I set up a new email account to handle the CRAM IT stuff. If anyone wants to email me about CRAM IT 2009 give them the cram_it@rocketmail.com address... OK? Did you pick your time slot(s) for teaching yet?

Last edited by Ruth Nichols; 2009-01-19 at 4:24pm.
Old 2009-01-19, 4:15pm
In spite of it all!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elleth View Post
Yeah I did, have you been to Smith Rock yet?
It's one of my favorite places on earth!

I think you should just get in your car and go up to the mountain., you can sit in the lodge sipping something warm and yummy while you watch people ski. I think that would be a nice way to spend an afternoon...
That sounds great! Wonder if I should go on the morrow after my Dr. appointment........

Old 2009-01-20, 3:38pm
In spite of it all!

buuuuuuuuump lol

Old 2009-01-21, 9:58am

What an awesome picture!!! So is there any place to put my kayak in that river? Camping, Kayaking, and beads.....
Jodie
Old 2009-01-21, 10:28am
In spite of it all!

Oh yes in deedy! There is LOTS of kayaking here in Bend! Bend is the recreational capitol of this side of the country (from what I am told). Seems that the recreation is mainly outdoors. BUT they do have Juniper Swim and Fitness Center that has at least 2 pools and gobs of programs for fitness. I believe the day pass is like 5 or 6 bucks. I like the cycling, Pilates and yoga... that I need to get back to cause I have been a bad baby hiding out this cold winter.

Old 2009-01-22, 1:26pm
In spite of it all!

bump

Old 2009-01-22, 2:39pm
MonaRAEbeads.com

Location: I live in the Sierras, between Sacramento and Lake Tahoe.

funy avi!

to get 15% off my beads

Old 2009-01-22, 2:42pm
In spite of it all!

Phylis is my hero!

Old 2009-01-23, 1:10pm

Where did Phylis go? I was hopeing she would be the camp mascot.
Old 2009-01-23, 2:00pm
In spite of it all!

She will be one of the teachers! She's gettin a new wig tho.

Old 2009-01-24, 9:47am

Just got off the phone with Phylis....errrr....I mean Ruth it looks like the schedule for CRAM IT '09 is starting to come together...you go girl!
So far she has 2 folks committed on the teaching schedule and a few more waiting in the wings. I don't have all the details but I'm sure Ruth will fill us in today.

This sounds like it is going to be fun...fun...fun!

Old 2009-01-24, 10:45am

Can't wait to see the line up Michelle and I are trying to decide wich tent to bring and wich car will fit the massage table!!!
Old 2009-01-26, 6:26pm
In spite of it all!

We are still trying to nail down the last of the teachers that will be here. The line up for this is proving to be one you will NOT want to miss!

We will be posting all the info as soon as we get confirmation. The new T shirt design is nearing completion and we are sure you will get a kick out of it. So much more fun then the first 2 ideas! Stay tuned!

Old 2009-01-26, 9:38pm

Stalking The Thread!!!!
Old 2009-01-27, 11:55am
In spite of it all!

Here is the new T shirt design that Gloria did. I hope you all like it... cause I love it! It's gonna look great on all your camp shirts! Of course the vendors will probably be on the back side.

Last edited by Ruth Nichols; 2009-01-28 at 9:47am.
Old 2009-01-27, 4:41pm
Suzi Fitzwater

That's too funny!
Old 2009-01-27, 5:48pm

Ahh Ruth this sounds like a blast! I wish it wee a little bit closer! I would love to come, I am thinking about it!

Diane

Old 2009-01-27, 6:23pm
In spite of it all!

It would be great to have you come Diane!

Old 2009-01-27, 11:02pm
She's Back & Burnin'

Quote:
Originally Posted by KetchikanSculptor View Post
Here is the new T shirt design that Gloria (glasswhimz) did. I hope you all like it... cause I love it! It's gonna look great on all your camp shirts! Of course the vendors will probably be on the back side.

That is such a cute design!

Sara

Old 2009-01-28, 9:07am

Love the new design!!!! GREAT JOB GLORIA!!! I will wear it with pride...(Ruth you might have mixed up mine and Glorias LE names I am glasswhimz unless there are two of us HMMMM....)
Jodie
Old 2009-01-28, 9:51am
In spite of it all!

Sorry about that Jodie! I fixed it... but dang my head is still a wreck from what ever it is that is sucking the life out of me. I should NOT have posted that photo yet. Going to go to the urgent care today! I am normally not a baby when it comes to colds and stuff..... but this one really killin me! ick!