LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Jelveh Designs - Glass Beads Torched One-by-One

Beads of Courage

Old 2006-04-29, 7:35pm
formerly JewelsByJenny

Default Flashback Arrestors for NG?

I went to my local welding shop and the guy told me I could not use the arrestors they had because they were for acetelyne. I asked if I needed one especially for NG, he said yes. Does anyone know where I can find one? Also, do I need a regulator for NG? Thanks for your help! Jenny
Old 2006-04-29, 9:26pm
Crispy Critter

I use NG and an oxycon, which don't require a flashback arrestor OR a regulator.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 2006-04-30, 5:52pm
formerly JewelsByJenny

Thanks Chris, I was hoping that would be the case. 2 different people told me I should have them so I was trying to figure it out. I am upgrading from a hothead. Can't wait till it's all set up! Jenny
Old 2006-05-12, 12:17pm

You should have a "flash check" for NG. The regular FB arresters for propane require a higher pressure to set off. The flash checks don't. There's also an all in one FB arrestor and quick disconnect available. I'm not near my catalogue and forgot the name of the company that sells them but I know that Carlisle can get them.

Still North America's Largest Lauscha Dealer!
Now reopened in South Florida!!
Like US on Facebook !
Old 2006-05-12, 12:57pm
novembersfyre everywhere

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisdd
I use NG and an oxycon, which don't require a flashback arrestor OR a regulator.

Ditto. Of course this is assuming you are using NG at normal household pressure which ranges from 1/4 pound to 2 pounds.

I don't know what the flash checks are that Paula refers to in her previous post but you need to make sure that they will allow the NG to flow at low pressures if you do decide to get them.

Old 2006-05-12, 2:34pm

The flash checks are designed for the low HH pressure of NG and are manufactured by Harris.

Like US on Facebook !
Old 2006-05-13, 12:06pm
formerly JewelsByJenny

Thanks for the info! Jenny
Old 2006-05-31, 7:40am
Gentleman of Leisure

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulaD
The flash checks are designed for the low HH pressure of NG and are manufactured by Harris.
Could you supply part numbers... I am not seeing any devices on HARRIS site that shows up as you describe them....

I see reverse flow check valves. But they do not function as a flashback arrestor... And yes I do see their selection of traditional "flashback arrestors"...

Dale

Vendor-Artist-Studio-Teacher Registry

San Francisco - A Few Toys Short of a Happy Meal
Old 2006-05-31, 11:21am

I could if I didn't trash the catalogue!
I know you can get them through Carlisle. And they can probably give you the part ##'s.
The 4 in one product is called a "safety-mate" and is somewhere on the internet. That's how I first found it.
Paula
ps. It might be called a firecheck instead of a flash check. But it's definitely designed for low pressure NG. They also know about them at the Welding Supply house that we use now.

Like US on Facebook !

Last edited by PaulaD; 2006-05-31 at 11:33am.