Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Donate via PayPal to donate@lampworketc.com

Beads of Courage

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Library > Safety

Safety -- Make sure you are safe!

Old 2011-01-31, 5:32pm

Angry aura lens

has any one ever gotten a pair of lenses from aura in the past year on time and without raising a stink. if so i would like to know. if not feel free to vent below.
Old 2011-01-31, 7:52pm
Gentleman of Leisure

Why bother .... It's pretty well documented all across the glass forums what the experiences have been... This would be good topic to abandon, we don't need this... Time to move on....

Dale

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Vendor-Artist-Studio-Teacher Registry

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
San Francisco - A Few Toys Short of a Happy Meal
Old 2011-01-31, 8:45pm
"Sinners have soul too"

Butting out... I really don't care.

Last edited by zen-mom; 2011-02-01 at 9:42am.
Old 2011-02-01, 2:43am

frankly this is really just some last-ditch effort to reach auralens as it seams that it is the only way left to get him to respond. so i apologize if you consider the input of a new lamp worker to be unimportant. however if you look at my post i am mainly asking about positive interactions recently. i also posed this question over at the melting pot and you know what? i didn't get the your beating a dead horse or this is your first post so i don't care. i was told by one gentleman that he ordered a pair in December last year and got them on the 20th. i was also informed by a few others that their dealing have for the most part been pleasant. so frankly i was looking for positive reinforcement that maybe just maybe i would get them in a timely manner.

lastly i'm going to have to agree with mike auraelis, upon my first interaction with lampwork etc, you people aren't nice
Old 2011-02-01, 5:18am
old fart

i have always had a good experience when i ordered stuff from mikes company. and i have ordered from him many times. yes there are a lot of people here at LE that have a long memory and are very slow to forgive.

Old 2011-02-01, 5:22am
boro color bender

Sorry you got welcomed here with unopen arms... it's hit or miss with Aura... when it does go wrong, it goes horribly wrong and getting in touch with Mike is not always easy... new member or not, you should be treated well... just because it's old news for some and there are hurt feelings, doesn't mean it's your fault. Welcome to the board and good luck with getting your lenses!

"Truth is, everybody is going to hurt you; you just gotta find the ones worth suffering for." -Bob Marley
Old 2011-02-01, 5:29am
Angie09

I buy all my mandrels from Mike and find him to be terrific! He has had delays and forgotten to email ... but geeze ... haven't we all????

And, welcome to LE! Yes .... there are rude and insensitive people here but they are everywhere! The overwhelming majority here are helpful, talented and good people. Don't let this one post turn you off! As they say ... "keep comin' back!"
Old 2011-02-01, 8:35am

I also would like to welcome you to LE. I will say if you find either Dale or Donna's post rude and insensitive, or an indication that people here aren't nice, you probably will find yourself at the center of some drama. You invited people to vent, which does not sound like you were looking for positive experiences.

People here are the same as people anywhere. The ones who like it stick around, but many have left. Suit yourself.
Old 2011-02-01, 8:43am
Know-it-all Megalomaniac

It's not that we aren't nice. It's just that this (Auralens)is a really sore
subject for the majority of the people here. It's the equivalent of going
onto the PETA website and asking people if chicken is ok to eat.
If you do a search here, I'll bet there's more threads about how bad
Auralens is than about how to anneal a bead.

That said, I had a kind of positive experience with Aura lens.
I read through everything here before I ordered from them, then I
placed my order - with the full expectations that it would take about
3-4 months to get my glasses. I got them in about 3 months, and
I love them. Yes, they are terrible when it comes to delivery,
but again, I went in with eyes wide open.

So anyway, yes - Chicken is meat, Auralens is slower than molasses
to deliver anything, and welcome to LE !

Quote:
Originally Posted by shyndman View Post
frankly this is really just some last-ditch effort to reach auralens as it seams that it is the only way left to get him to respond. so i apologize if you consider the input of a new lamp worker to be unimportant. however if you look at my post i am mainly asking about positive interactions recently. i also posed this question over at the melting pot and you know what? i didn't get the your beating a dead horse or this is your first post so i don't care. i was told by one gentleman that he ordered a pair in December last year and got them on the 20th. i was also informed by a few others that their dealing have for the most part been pleasant. so frankly i was looking for positive reinforcement that maybe just maybe i would get them in a timely manner.

lastly i'm going to have to agree with mike auraelis, upon my first interaction with lampwork etc, you people aren't nice

Get your copy of the new Lampwork Etc. Tutorials and Tips Book

Old 2011-02-01, 8:46am
Ad astra per aspera

Mike has a loooong history on here which needs to be considered before you rush to side with him. He has had issues with people here and on at least two other forums that I know of. He well and thoroughly earned his nickname of "Med" when he developed a, ummm, 2nd screen personality with which to prevaricate and antagonize. He knows very well how he made himself unwelcome here on LE (though, of course, none of it is at all his fault), so the likelihood of him having anything charitable to say is quite low. Then again, many of us will readily return the same sentiment. Experience can be a harsh teacher at times.

Meanwhile, there are several vendors offering excellent eye protection from Phillips. Since you're clearly concerned already, ordering from them might be your best course of action. If you've already paid Aura, it might be time to do a chargeback or stop payment. That tends to get their attention. It really is a shame, since Aura has good product. Mike is his own worst enemy.

Please don't judge the whole of LE by this one, very sensitive issue. Check out other sections, like Tips and Tricks, and you'll find that there's a lot of knowledge and willingness to share here.

Old 2011-02-01, 9:07am
Gentleman of Leisure

Quote:

I'm sorry, I guess it was a poor welcome, but unknown to you, a lot of us here have been horribly treated by Mike either in public or behind out backs......

What happened to Mike, Mike did to Mike.... Obviously you already know about Mike by what is written in your comments....

If you have ordered from Mike, wait it out and see what resolves before you take sides in this.... Mike pulled out of most forums and killed his own forum because he could not deal with the public..... He exiled himself because of his own actions.... By all recommendations he makes a very good product, he just does not interact with the "public" very well....

On the other hand I hope you find that this board is a friendly place, occasionally as on most forums the are flair ups that are resolved in time and there is a lot of very good people here willing to share and help....

I personally think its one of the better glass forums that has evolved since internet conception..... But most forums take on a personality like a community, some find it acceptable some don't.... Actually because of Mikes actions, at least 3 new forum have evolved at various times to get away from all the anguish that was causes by him on some forums.... For that we have to thank Mike.....

Do not rush to judgment here.....

Respectfully

Dale

Vendor-Artist-Studio-Teacher Registry

San Francisco - A Few Toys Short of a Happy Meal

Last edited by Dale M.; 2011-02-01 at 9:22am.
Old 2011-02-23, 8:28am

Get the Phillips, the hype of Auralens (which seems to be exagerated anyway) is not worth the stress of dealing with Mike. Sorry to say.
Old 2011-02-23, 11:36am
The Andrea Half

I had excellent luck ordering from Mike, and except for one period (when he was by his own admission behaving extremely badly) have never had any other issues with him. Yes: he has behaved like a jerk and has hurt many people here. Yes: he appears to understand that. Yes: getting your order can take forever. As someone whose energy level fluctuates wildly myself from "able to get everything done with time to spare" to "okay, getting out of bed this am is a genuine challenge", I can understand exactly why that happens. That doesn't mean that I think people should just put up with it; when my energy is low, I still get my papers graded. That's *all* I get done, but it gets done.

Old 2011-02-23, 10:51pm
doyenne of the homebodies

Quote:
frankly this is really just some last-ditch effort to reach auralens as it seams that it is the only way left to get him to respond.
It looks like Mike's last visit to LE was 12/11/10, so he might not be reading LE right now (or anymore).

Just as an FYI, I have been a lampworker for ten years and I have never purchased from Aura Lens. I have heard many people praise Aura Lens products as the best protection for their eyes, but I get regular eye check-ups and my eyes are fine.

Good luck getting your order and welcome to LE!

Andrea
Old 2011-02-24, 11:56am

Default I've had very good luck

I bough glasses last year, and clip on's in December. The November/December took a couple of weeks; but when I asked he always got back to me.
I had no issues.
Old 2011-02-25, 9:12pm
no more

I'm still getting things in a few times a week. Looking forward to getting alot more!

Old 2011-03-02, 8:36am
Mary Lockwood

I've never had trouble with auralens orders, but must say I'm very glad I purchased my glasses years ago before so much went south. I haven't ordered since the blow-ups started happening. Guess I just got scared off.

To tell you the truth though, if I needed new glasses I probably would still go to auralens fully expecting to wait 3 months for them and then keep my fingers crossed.

Good product. Bad PR.

~~Mary

Old 2011-03-02, 11:52am
Borovangelist

Unless you need a very specific combination, you can always try calling around to some of the distros to see if they have any on the shelf. Sometimes you get lucky if you're not to picky.

I have goggles with full shade 5's in them, so getting them wasn't as tough as say a custom split in one particular frame.

|
|