LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Jelveh Designs - Glass Beads Torched One-by-One

Beads of Courage

Old 2007-09-20, 11:57am

Default Multiple Concentrator Question

Hi all,

Hope it's okay to put this here. I just recently purchased a third concentrator hoping to get more oxy for my Lynx to make working boro a bit easier. I hooked them all three together and when I turned them on one of them won't go over 3 lpms. The other two will run right around 4 but even with the knob dialed all the way open the second in line hovers right around 2 or 3. I called the company I purchased the concentrator from and the informed me that I needed check valves so the oxy can't go backward into the concentrator so I purchased three of these and received them today. My second concentrator is still having the same issue.

Does anyone have any clue why and if there's anything I can do about it?

I forgot to add that when I run it alone it shoots right up.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 2007-09-20, 2:03pm
PyronamixK

Your Lynx does not need that much volume, so your concentrators will only put out what will be passed through the torch. The more dominant ones (higher pressure) will put out more volume than the weaker ones.

If you were not getting the performance you wanted from your Lynx with two concentrators, adding a third will not have solved your problem...
Old 2007-09-20, 6:28pm

Thanks Kimberly - that's what I was afraid of.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 2007-09-20, 7:47pm
PyronamixK

Dawn, what type of concentrators are you running? If the pressure is high enough (like about 8 psi), then two 5 LPM units should really do a good job of running a Lynx and the Lynx can work boro easily. I have no problems working boro on my concentrator (10 LPM at 7-9 psi). If your concentrators put out low pressure, you won't be getting the most out of your Lynx, particularly the blue valve function. If your concentrators are putting out low purity, your flame could be too cold.

If your concentrators are putting out good pressure and good purity, maybe there's something else going on. Have you cleaned your torch, lately? If there are any blockages, you won't be getting the best performance regardless of your oxygen source. It never hurts to give a torch a nice cleaning.
Old 2007-09-21, 7:16am

Kimberly - the concentrators are Invacare (6psi). I guess I didn't research well enough before I decided on the third. I'll try cleaning the torch also. I just can't seem get an oxidizing flame when it's turned up high.