Lampwork Etc.

TrueDesign

LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Jelveh Designs - Glass Beads Torched One-by-One

Caber Light

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Library > Tips, Techniques, and Questions > Torch Questions

Old 2007-09-18, 11:58am
Griffin Park Originals

Default I need an oxycon for my Betta torch...

Is there some suggestions from people that are running a Betta on an oxycon? I went thru a $20.00 tank of oxygen in 3 nights' worth of work last week...so I'm not going to buy anymore tanked...I'll save for an oxycon. Thanks, - Tanja

I bought the Betta for doing small boro stuff, but I might have to forego the boro for a while if I'm going to need two oxycons. I have quite the stash of Moretti to tide me over.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old 2007-09-19, 5:38am
Smooches!

Tanja,
I think you need to email Kimberly at Pyronamix.
I think she is a very nice & very knowledgeable person.
I think she can help you in a heartbeat.
I think that's where I bought my oxycon for my lynx
I think..

Wait a minute....this isn't the "I think" thread??????????

All the above still applies!

Miss Kate

cocktail napkins available at:

Now running my Cheetah on 2 Regalia's - pure heaven!

Old 2007-09-19, 5:42am
Griffin Park Originals

I think that is too funny!!!
I think ..thank you...

Old 2007-09-19, 11:51am
The Venerable Bead

I use a betta for boro and I have an m-20 which is 10 lpm at 20 psi.

Paula AKA The Venerable Bead

"I believe in pink, I believe that laughing is the best calorie burner. I believe in kissing, kissing a lot. I believe in being strong when everything seems to be going wrong. I believe that happy girls are the prettiest girls. I believe that tomorrow is another day and I believe in miracles."
— Audrey Hepburn

flaming away on a betta, natural gas, and 2 M-20's

Old 2007-09-19, 12:13pm
Griffin Park Originals

Thanks Paula. I had noticed you had a Betta. I just didn't know if I could afford the oxygen concentrator you've got. I'll check into it more.

Thanks for taking the time to try to help!

Old 2007-09-19, 5:27pm
The Venerable Bead

well I used to use two 5 liter machines and it worked for boro no problem.

Paula AKA The Venerable Bead

"I believe in pink, I believe that laughing is the best calorie burner. I believe in kissing, kissing a lot. I believe in being strong when everything seems to be going wrong. I believe that happy girls are the prettiest girls. I believe that tomorrow is another day and I believe in miracles."
— Audrey Hepburn

flaming away on a betta, natural gas, and 2 M-20's

Old 2007-09-19, 5:46pm
Griffin Park Originals

Thank you!! I was hoping that I could do that eventually. I can order one for now to get me thru until Christmas or something, and get another then and I can start boro again.

Old 2007-09-20, 5:23am

Default my new oxybox

I just bought an oxybox from justin with oxygenplus in virginia. It is solaris 5 lpm. he was extremly knowledgeable and it came in two days. The 7 year warranty is wonderful. here is his number 540-586-9051.
Old 2007-09-20, 5:25am
Griffin Park Originals

Thanks...I'll check into that!

Old 2007-09-20, 7:55am
PyronamixK

Hi Tanja,

I received your email and am answering it right now.
Old 2007-09-21, 10:23pm
Renee Weaver

Hi Tanja, I have a betta, use natural gas and I just bought a regalia from kimberly and I LOVE it. I did have 2 -5 lpm hooked together and they worked pretty good , but I think one of them started to have problems and I was getting a flame fluctuation. The regalia gives me a steady hot flame and I'm really happy with it.

Old 2007-10-14, 4:46am
boro color bender

The M-15 will also power the Betta nicely. Here's a comparison.

Regalia is a great machine. It puts out 10 LPM at 7-9 PSI

The M-15 is also a great machine. It puts out 8 LPM at 15 PSI or two hooked together puts out 16 LPM at 15 PSI.

You can also buy one medical unit now and ad another later. The M-5 is a great unit and it puts out 5 LPM at 7 PSI. I'm running a sale on the M-5 right for $320 delivered. You've got several great options... and that's always a good thing.

"Truth is, everybody is going to hurt you; you just gotta find the ones worth suffering for." -Bob Marley

Last edited by Mr. Smiley; 2007-10-14 at 7:57am.
Old 2007-10-14, 7:43am
Butterfly Rancher

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Smiley View Post
Regalia is a great machine. It puts out 7 LPM at 12 PSI
From Pyronamix's website:
Quote:
The New Regalia is now available!

Like the Medical Integra 10, this unit puts out 10 LPM at 7-9 psi
Brent, you need to keep your stats straight

BTW I upgraded from Unlimited Oxygen's M10 to the Regalia and I couldn't be happier! After cursing Unlimited Oxygen for a year-and-a-half, I now walk in the house and bug my DH with "... have I told you how much I love my Regalia!" As to whether I'm comparing apples to oranges, this is what I thought I was purchasing
Quote:
The P-10 ($579.00) unit concentrates 8-9 LPM at 10-12 PSI
when an M10 arrived instead, I was told that it was the same machine just the name had been changed... In case you're interested, I'm quoting from this thread: http://www.wetcanvas.com/forums/showthread.php?t=299561

Brent, I wish you well with your oxycon business but I do feel that it's important to give out the correct information -- even if it's about your competitors. I was burned as a newbie because of stat misinformation. With oxycons, it is particularly important since there is no way to tell exactly what is inside the box. I am happy to see that Unlimited Oxygen now has a website where info can be verified.

May 2014 -- Good-bye Florida and Hello Colorado
Old 2007-10-14, 7:56am
boro color bender

My bad... I was thinking about the OGSI 15 unit. That's the one putting out 15 SCFH (7 LPM). I've edited my post and please except my apologies for messing up the numbers. From what I've heard, the Regalia is a great machine. I base my opinion of the UO units on personal experience. I've had my two M-20s for almost two years now. Used them almost every day and there hasn't been a single problem with purity, performance or anything else. They just hummmmm along and make my life better. I wouldn't sell anything I wouldn't buy to use in my own studio. I have several friends with the exact same experience.

"Truth is, everybody is going to hurt you; you just gotta find the ones worth suffering for." -Bob Marley
Old 2007-10-14, 8:42am
boro color bender

Here's a run down of the real specs on the UO units... sorry there was confusion from another vendor when you bought yours Bekah. I would be upset if I was told something delivered less than I was told. These specs are correct and straight from the manufacturers website. No wonder you're much happier with your Regalia. It puts out twice the oxygen of the M-10 you had.

M-5= 5 LPM at 7 PSI
M-10= 5 LPM at 10 PSI
M-15= 8 LPM at 15 PSI

Here's the link.

http://www.unlimitedoxygen.com/mseries.htm

Two M-5s would be $640 delivered (during the sale to the lower 48 )... two M-10s would be $928 delivered (during the sale to the lower 48 ), so for the budget minded folks, these are a great option. They also come with a 3 year warranty and are designed to run 15,000 hours before needing factory servicing. That's about 7 years at 40 hours a week. I've tortured mine on purpose... they just won't fail even under the less than perfect conditions in my studio. It's dusty and humid in there.

Old 2007-10-14, 10:49am
Butterfly Rancher

Quote:
My bad... I was thinking about the OGSI 15 unit. That's the one putting out 15 SCFH (7 LPM). I've edited my post and please except my apologies for messing up the numbers.
We all at various times type a bit fast and off the top of our heads so no need to apologize... it's good to see the accurate numbers.

Quote:
... sorry there was confusion from another vendor when you bought yours Bekah. I would be upset if I was told something delivered less than I was told. No wonder you're much happier with your Regalia. It puts out twice the oxygen of the M-10 you had.
I spent a year of my life in big time, on-the-road sales and I know that vendors have to rely on the information that the manufacturer puts in their hands -- particularly on something like an oxycon. There was definitely a period of confusion around the initial release of the Unlimited Oxygen units and the lesson that I learned is to not be the first on the bandwagon. I do think that Unlimited Oxygen has worked hard to overcome that initial impression and that their oxycons are continuing to develop. I also think that the vendor that I purchased from is a good vendor. He perhaps answered off the top of his head and I just assumed that his information was correct or he was perhaps handed the theoretical rather than actual specs or the specs nearly two years were different than they are today... who knows... and it is water under the bridge.

And, yes, I love the O2 output on my Regalia! Although it is tempting me over to the dark side I think that I may just be turning into a boro girl But even with soft glass, my MiniCC is running much better with the Regalia.

Brent, I do think that it's good to have competition in the marketplace so I hope that your business does well and that Unlimited Oxygen will prove over time to be a good product. Kimberly is a great vendor and the Regalia is an excellent product so as consumers, we are all benefitting from having a diversity of good vendors and products to choose from. I do love not having to deal with tanks so I'm definitely pro-oxycon.

May 2014 -- Good-bye Florida and Hello Colorado
Old 2007-10-14, 3:51pm
Griffin Park Originals

Wow!!! Tons of information to chew over here now. Thank you all.

Old 2007-10-14, 5:08pm

I have a betta and on devilbiss concetrator and it works great for small boro beads but you get much bigger and it takes to long. I am going to get my two concentrators put together to see how it does but the one concentrator is more than enough for soft glass.
I would love to have the Regalia but is is just way out of my price range I would think the next best thing would be the M-15 or the M-20 better yet.

Old 2007-10-21, 4:02am
Knob Creek Glass

Lori, You would love three M-15's from Mr. Smiley. I love mine!!! Lot's of Oxygen.