Lampwork Etc.

Send a PM to CorriDawn!

LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Jelveh Designs - Glass Beads Torched One-by-One

Beads of Courage

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Library > Tips, Techniques, and Questions > Torch Questions

Old 2011-11-27, 8:35am

Default Hothead adaptors for those who live outside USA?

Does anybody know if I can buy a torch with two necessary adaptors NOT in sundanceglass.com?
Seems that other shops have only the torch itself, and as I am from Russia, I understand that it isn't enough?
Old 2011-11-27, 9:17am

You can try www.tuffnellglass.com here in the UK.

For Val Cox Frit in the UK
For silver For my beads
Old 2011-11-27, 2:14pm

thanks a lot! I'll try to write them and ask.
Old 2011-11-27, 5:49pm
Gentleman of Leisure

Quote:
Originally Posted by anna-domini View Post
Does anybody know if I can buy a torch with two necessary adaptors NOT in sundanceglass.com?
Seems that other shops have only the torch itself, and as I am from Russia, I understand that it isn't enough?
IF you can supply some specifications of propane tank valve maybe there is a specific adapter that will fit a "disposable" style hose connection or US Tank Valve (CGA 510) to either a metric or whatever is the "standard" for your country...

Dale

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Vendor-Artist-Studio-Teacher Registry

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
San Francisco - A Few Toys Short of a Happy Meal
Old 2011-11-28, 8:32am

Thank you, Dale!
If I understand it right, our torches usually have 6 or 9 mm fitting, and USA parameters differ, but I do not know what are they. It's even seems impossible to recalculate it into inches!
Old 2011-11-28, 8:40am
Gentleman of Leisure

Can you find a website or some reference material that describes the fittings so we can look at them and see if there is something that will convert the HH US fittings to Metric...

Also neat tool for metric to imperial (US) conversions...

http://joshmadison.com/convert-for-windows/

Dale

Old 2011-11-29, 5:41am

Conversion is not a problem, our searching system Yandex has an automatic converter.
But as for fittings: all Russian torches, ex. for welding, has the same parameter "the diameter of the connected hose" and it is either 6 or 9 cm.
The problem is that in inches it won't even be an integer
Old 2011-11-29, 5:44am

Conversion is not a problem, our searching system Yandex has an automatic converter.
But as for fittings: all Russian torches, ex. for welding, has the same parameter "the diameter of the connected hose" and it is either 6 or 9 cm.
The problem is that in inches it won't even be an integer
Old 2011-11-29, 6:27am

I think you mean mm. The 6 or 9 is that inner diameter of the hose? If so, in the netherlands ID 6 mm is the standard in hosing. There is someone that "rebuild" the hothead to a conkinect torch. This is a hothead attached to a flexible foot with connectors for our standard hoses. In the netherlands a couple of vendors have a complete starter set. Pricing is however way beyond american prices

Visit my Etsy:

Visit My ebay:
Old 2011-11-29, 8:40am
Gentleman of Leisure

Ummmm.... you are not understanding what I am asking of you.... The 6 or 9 mm (hose ID)is not significant if I don't know the mechanical connection arrangement on tank valve.... The problem is getting connected to the tank.... What thread diameter and thread pitch (threads per mm) of tank valve outlet connection.... Once one knows the mechanical specifications of tank connection anything is possible....

As I mentioned before the US (North America ) uses a CGA 510 specification... I need to know the Russian (metric) equivalent of this...

Is there something like image below on end of hoses that "connects" to tanks ( I'm talking generically - not torch specific) uses in most propane tank application connecting to appliances...

The piece above is CGA 510 (male) end on one side and standard "pipe thread" on other side.. I need the specifications of the METRIC (Russian) equivalent to this piece...

Dale

Old 2011-11-30, 9:44am

Daphnevz, I see. But I am focusing not only on the prices (Sundance sells two necessary adapters to connects HH with non-American fittings), but also on the other products of the internet-shop. I just don't want to buy my "starter kit" in two different places only because one shop sells the HH I need and the other is not.
Can you name the shops you mentioned?

Dale, I am a stupid newbie girl, first time in my life talking about gas fittings, sorry )))
I did found the so-called GOST - the Russian State Standard system, which describes every possible technical standards of our country, but unfortunately I couldn't find any exact parameters you asked for. There are four types of gas tank usually used for propane, here is the picture: http://libgost.ru/uploads/posts/2009...86742_x002.jpg
I am not sure the parameters you're talking about are indicated there.

Thank's a lot for your help, I'll try to find anything like the picture you provided.
Old 2011-11-30, 2:14pm
Gentleman of Leisure

Wondering is something like this may be what you are looking for...

http://www.gasproducts.co.uk/acatalo...e_Adaptor.html

or...

http://www.gasproducts.co.uk/acatalo..._Fittings.html

Seems the is a 21.8mm Left Hand Standard in Western Europe, wonder if it may be same for Russia?

http://www.leisure-parts.co.uk/Category-1-38-194.html

Dale

Old 2011-12-04, 6:23am

Dale, thanks a lot for your great help! I think I should first consult with our gas service to find out what do I need exactly. I'll check if those adapters you've provided can be used in Russia.

Thanks again, I do appreciate your most helpful info!
Old 2011-12-08, 1:31am
picking Job's Tears

Unless you can find a brass connector to connect the one to the other I think it would be easiest to get a US connector for the torch end, a hose, and a Russian standard connector for the other side of the hose. 6 mm is not too far away from 1/4 inch (for a hose, not for a metal connector), but my Hothead hose is larger in diameter than that.
-
-
-

Palms Etc. tropical seeds and cuttings:

HotHead on bulk propane and a Glasshive kiln
Old 2011-12-08, 5:07pm

Thank you, Maren! Seems there is no other choice.
Russia is in the end of the line in everything, as usual