Lampwork Etc.

TrueDesign

LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Jelveh Designs - Glass Beads Torched One-by-One

Beads of Courage

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Library > Tips, Techniques, and Questions > Torch Questions

Old 2009-12-12, 12:53pm
AnkleBiterBeads

Exclamation My Dirty Little SECRET - please help me program my Paragon Bluebird XL

What I thought I was doing was WRONG - back to square one

I got my PARAGON BlueBird XL today!!!!!!!!! and now that the singing angels have stopped - I've got the deer in the headlights L@@K on my face

I just replaced my Aim kiln, that I NEVER could figure out how to program. I bought it used and should have had a clue that the person I bought it from couldn't figure it out either. - so if you see it listed on craigslist - UH dont buy it

What I was told BEFORE - was to take my cold beads that I fiber blanketed to get cold, then batch anneal. I put the COLD beads in and then let them ramp up to 980, and then turn it off. That was my process. When I was told by another, that wouldnt help my beads with strength AT ALL. I went on the venture and got the bluebird. I want high quality in my product, and the dirty little secret EATS ME.

I just received it today (my BLUEBIRD) - BUT I'm scared - I'm Totally confused about the ramping process, and I've been searching the forums - can anyone tell me what the do? Does it matter if I fiber blanket them (to cold) ? and gather enough beads until I'm ready to turn my kiln on? or is it better to pop them into the kiln at a holding temp and not let them get cold - to batch anneal?

Can I also get the whole ramping shindig thing from someone? What is the highest temp I should get them up to, and then how many hours do I hold them for at that temp - to the next temp and so on?

I've read that it depends on the size of the beads - I make anywhere from 10mm to 30mm "ish"

will it matter if I have a mixed lot of sizes - ok for the small ones at the big bead temp?

My questions are all over the place - WAHHHHHH HELP

I don't have a clue - ;;;o) and I really want to put my time and effort into high quality beads - much appreciated - and my doxie loves you
Old 2009-12-12, 12:55pm
AnkleBiterBeads

Chit wrong topic (torches)- I'll repost