Lampwork Etc.

AKDesign

LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Glacial Art Glass

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Library > Tips, Techniques, and Questions > Torch Questions

Old 2010-11-02, 5:02pm

Default What To Price A Used Lynx?

Anyone know what the selling price is right now for a used Lynx in great condition?

Also, would the price be different/less if I switched the Lynx base with a Scorpion base? Finally ordered a Scorpion before the introductory price ended (YAY!!!) but I prefer the heavier base of my Lynx instead.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 2010-11-02, 7:29pm
Gentleman of Leisure

The selling price to me is $50.00 .....To sell to anyone else its probably 70-75% retail price...

Dale

Vendor-Artist-Studio-Teacher Registry

San Francisco - A Few Toys Short of a Happy Meal

Last edited by Dale M.; 2010-11-02 at 7:34pm.
Old 2010-11-02, 7:42pm

Don't think I'll sell it for that but appreciate your opinion Dale!

Old 2010-11-02, 7:48pm
I fart diamonds

$350 - $375 and someone will snatch it up. I know I would if I had the $$.

Old 2010-11-02, 7:53pm

Thanks Shawnette! That's around the range I figured, just didn't know if switching the base would be a negative or not.

Old 2010-11-02, 8:26pm
I need more boro stuff

It cost around $60 for lynx base. How do I know this? Because I ordered the scorpion with lynx base.

Old 2010-11-02, 9:31pm
Micromosaic and Lampwork

I think $350 - $375 is good. I love my lynx, and I would buy it again if I had the $.

Old 2010-11-02, 9:45pm

Thanks Yunita. I didn't want to pay extra for a lynx base on the Scorpion since I could switch it with the lynx I have. I figured the new Lynx owner would prefer a shiney, brand spankin new Scorpion base. Especially since I stupidly engraved my initials in the lynx base.

Old 2010-11-02, 9:57pm

No, don't say that Christina! I'm already torn about selling it but I figured the Scorpion would be better suited for doing small boro on 2 oxycons at home than my lynx. I love mine too but I can't really afford to keep them both.

I've still got my very first torch, a mini cc that I love even more that I plan on keeping as a back up. Poor baby suffered through my newbiness and held up like a champ, lol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torched Art View Post
I love my lynx, and I would buy it again if I had the $.

Last edited by Ari'elle; 2010-11-02 at 11:47pm.
Old 2010-11-03, 4:19am
I need more boro stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ari'elle View Post
Thanks Yunita. I didn't want to pay extra for a lynx base on the Scorpion since I could switch it with the lynx I have. I figured the new Lynx owner would prefer a shiney, brand spankin new Scorpion base. Especially since I stupidly engraved my initials in the lynx base.

So if you are going to switch the base, how much are you planning to sell the lynx? I might be interested (Honestly, I prefer lynx base... heavier and sexier)

Old 2010-11-03, 11:23am

Yunita, I plan on selling it for $375. It's in great condition, I've kept it very clean. I've had it for a little over 2 years but I lost one of my oxycons 1 1/2 years ago. I switched over to my mini cc at that time, I got a better flame for what I needed to do on one oxycon.

It will have the regular heavy Lynx base. I make beads for a studio now and I talked to the owner about switching one of their lynx bases with mine until my Scorpion arrives. He's more than happy to take the lighter base of the Scorpion.

PM me if you're still interested and I'll take some pics along with a close up of the business end for you.

Old 2010-11-03, 8:09pm
I need more boro stuff

Tempting! I have to wait to see if my bank will put up our mortgage interest again or not Feel free to adv them if you want. Don't wait for me.

Old 2010-11-04, 12:12am

Hope things work out for you with that. Banks and mortgage companies in this area are real skittish these days!

Last edited by Ari'elle; 2010-11-04 at 12:40am.