LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Frantz Art Glass & Supply

Beads of Courage

Old 2014-04-10, 1:46pm
I'm meeeeelting

Default Rent a Bethlehem Bravo

I'm not sure that I'd agree that $75 is a small fee, but this could be a great idea for those considering spending $800 or more for a new torch they've never had a chance to try. It would be great if all of the manufacturers would start doing this.

http://www.bethlehemburners.com/torch-loan

Foot Pedal Tutorial:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Kevlar Fingerless Gloves:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by artsyuno; 2014-04-10 at 1:51pm.
Old 2014-04-10, 2:11pm

I know that my barracuda needs sent in to be cleaned, I have also been curious about the bravo, so it is a great option for me to try a new torch and not be out one while it is being serviced!
Old 2014-04-10, 2:21pm
I'm meeeeelting

I had debated getting a quad manifold for my 'cuda or selling it and buying a bravo. I went with the manifold, because I wasn't sure how the bravo would handle with my concentrator configuration. If this had been an option at the time, I would have been very inclined to rent a bravo to try it out for a month.

Foot Pedal Tutorial:

Old 2014-04-10, 2:31pm
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by artsyuno View Post
I had debated getting a quad manifold for my 'cuda or selling it and buying a bravo. I went with the manifold, because I wasn't sure how the bravo would handle with my concentrator configuration. If this had been an option at the time, I would have been very inclined to rent a bravo to try it out for a month.
That is kind of what I am wondering....

Old 2014-04-10, 3:25pm
All Zeke, all the time

I think it is am awesome idea to either try it out, especially if you are in an area like I am where there aren't any lampworking shops, and if you need a loaner while your torch is getting a tuneup .
Old 2014-04-10, 4:31pm
I fart diamonds

It's an awesome idea! GTT should do something like that with their new Ninja line... (NEVER gonna happen, but a girl can dream!)

Speaking from experience, the Bravo centerfire (the Alpha) runs great on concentrators. Really hot. The outer flame, however, is a dud and an oxy hog. Overall, it's a nice torch but not worth the $800 price tag when compared to other, similar sized torches. (Including the Barracuda.)

Old 2014-04-10, 11:36pm
I'm meeeeelting

I stuck with the Barracuda, because on paper, at least, it's a better numbers match to my 2 Regalias than the Bravo. Because the Bravo is intended to run on low pressure, it needs more volume.

Foot Pedal Tutorial: