LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Donate via PayPal to donate@lampworketc.com

Beads of Courage

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Library > Tutorials > Tutorials to purchase

Old 2014-05-08, 9:33am
Mmmmm....Raku

Default "Special Effects" - A New Tutorial by Dawn Scannell (Art Insomnia)

I'm so excited to announce the release of my brand new Tutorial!

https://www.etsy.com/listing/1889392..._home_active_1

PLEASE READ BEFORE YOU PURCHASE: In this tutorial, I will show you how to get some amazing shimmering, color-shifting and color-changing effects with your large hole charm beads. Because of the process you must be prepared to fully line your bead with sterling, brass or copper tubing. The technique shown in this tutorial will work for the 5.08mm European Charm Bead size holes as well as the 1/4” bead holes.

This Tutorial will NOT be going into detail on how to cap and line beads as there is already plenty of information available on the Internet including some good YouTube videos. I will, however, briefly show you the tools I personally use in the process.

It is assumed that by purchasing this tutorial, you have a good knowledge of all the basic safety precautions associated with making glass beads on an open flame torch.

Glass referenced in this tutorial is 104 COE and no special glass is required.

This is an Instant Digital Download of a PDF File that you will need a PDF Reader program such as Adobe Acrobat Reader or Nuance PDF Reader to open. Upon payment, you will be able to download this file directly from Etsy.

You have permission to use this tutorial as inspiration for making and selling your own beads, but I do ask that you not share this information with anyone or attempt to reproduce the tutorial in any form other than printing a copy for your own personal use.

The file size is 3.8MB, and contains 25 pages with 38 photos.

This digital file download is non-refundable.

Copyright © 2014 Dawn Scannell

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Nortel Minor with one Concentrator
Old 2014-05-08, 12:47pm
Storm Queen

Awesome, brilliant, genius, hot.

Old 2014-05-08, 6:18pm
Melody of Glass

So excited. Downloading now. From My Studio To Yours is one of my favourite tutorials out there. These look lovely!

Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read.

Coming soon...

Old 2014-05-08, 6:19pm
Irish Eyes A Smiling

Got mine this afternoon....have read a couple times.....now I need to go shopping!

Old 2014-05-08, 6:30pm
What was I thinking?

Thanks for this tutorial, Dawn! It's a whole new approach.

Old 2014-05-08, 6:56pm
Mmmmm....Raku

Thank you so much you guys!

Old 2014-05-08, 7:26pm

Just for clarification does "No Special Glass" mean just regular 104 colors and not dichroic or silver glass? Not trying to figure out the process, just want to know if it requires an online shopping spree...

Andrea
Old 2014-05-08, 7:44pm
Mmmmm....Raku

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dreamsincolor View Post
Just for clarification does "No Special Glass" mean just regular 104 colors and not dichroic or silver glass? Not trying to figure out the process, just want to know if it requires an online shopping spree...

Andrea
Yes, just regular 104 clear and transparent. No dichro or silver glass.

You might still want to go on a shopping spree, but it won't be for glass!

Old 2014-05-09, 4:51am
Melting

Do you have a supply list? Will this work with any size bead hole that can be cored? I ask because I also core 3/32" beads.

~
~
~

SRA Member #E20
Old 2014-05-09, 6:57am
Dichro Addict

I haven't bought it yet as I am at work, but I can already tell that you are a freaking genius!!!! I shall be purchasing it tonight!!!! Way to go Dawn!

Old 2014-05-09, 7:27am
Mmmmm....Raku

Quote:
Originally Posted by tnehlers View Post
Do you have a supply list? Will this work with any size bead hole that can be cored? I ask because I also core 3/32" beads.
Hi Theresa,

I don't provide a materials list because that would give the secret away, but I will say you won't have to shop for any special glass and what you do need can be found easily.

The 3/32 hole size is too small for this technique. It will work for 5.08mm and 1/4".

Old 2014-05-09, 7:30am
Mmmmm....Raku

Quote:
Originally Posted by lenora View Post
I haven't bought it yet as I am at work, but I can already tell that you are a freaking genius!!!! I shall be purchasing it tonight!!!! Way to go Dawn!
<---- At the "freaking genius" part, but thanks, Lenora!

Old 2014-05-09, 8:34am

It's fun. Even if all you want to do is look at the pictures!! LOL
Old 2014-05-09, 9:27am

Default :o)

I am totally intrigued!!! I just purchased your tut but cannot download it at work--but I can't wait to read it! ooooo, only 5 more hours of work . . . but given the beauty of your work, I think the genius title fits you
Old 2014-05-09, 11:06am

Gorgeous, gorgeous, gorgeous.

I'm so bummed that I don't core beads.

Old 2014-05-09, 12:22pm
Uh Oh....

I didn't buy this - yet. You're giving out too much info as I kind of figured out how you're doing this. This is genius and thinking out of the box, Dawn. Awesome!!

Old 2014-05-10, 7:46am
Mmmmm....Raku

I've been working on these for a few months now and I'm still so excited I can hardly stand it! I can't remember the last time I was this excited about my own beads!
Thanks so much to everyone who bought a copy!

Old 2014-05-10, 8:57am
Storm Queen

I made nine beads yesterday. I may not have time to clean and core them for a few days though.

Old 2014-05-10, 9:01am
Melody of Glass

I plan to do some today. Also did some online shopping. Great resources listed in the tutorial as well! Fun.

Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read.

Coming soon...

Old 2014-05-10, 9:51am
Mmmmm....Raku

Yay! Can't wait to see the results!
Just wait until you've completed your first few beads. I seriously lost sleep over this. I would lie awake for hours considering all the possibilities!

Old 2014-05-10, 2:58pm
Melting

Thanks for answering my questions! I just bought it.

~
~
~

SRA Member #E20
Old 2014-05-10, 3:21pm
Mmmmm....Raku

Quote:
Originally Posted by tnehlers View Post
Thanks for answering my questions! I just bought it.
Thanks Theresa! Have fun!!!

Old 2014-05-10, 7:38pm
Melting

I will, it's fantastic!!

~
~
~

SRA Member #E20
Old 2014-05-12, 7:40am

Thanks for sharing this tutorial with all of us, Dawn. It's time consuming but lots of fun to see the final bead.
Attached Images

Old 2014-05-12, 7:54am
Mmmmm....Raku

Oooo, how pretty, Pat! Those turned out so nice!

Old 2014-05-12, 8:15am

Thanks.
Old 2014-05-12, 3:55pm
Melody of Glass

Nice! I'm loving that first one especially, Pat. I think I'm going to be able to progress a couple of mine tonight. Fun!

Coming soon...

Old 2014-05-13, 9:38am

I have some more.
Attached Images

Old 2014-05-13, 2:39pm
Mmmmm....Raku

Those are BEAUTIFUL Pat! Beady-utiful!!

Old 2014-05-13, 6:10pm

Tanks. I am doing better with cap and cores. I had put that stuff away but your super tips have really helped me.