Lampwork Etc.

TrueDesign

LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Donate via PayPal to donate@lampworketc.com

Glacial Art Glass

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Library > Tips, Techniques, and Questions > Torch Questions

Old 2007-10-22, 6:59am
Lampwork Meditator

Default Oxycon Connection

I am the question girl about this torch upgrade!

I am considering the National Minor and now the Carlisle Mini CC.

I can find both torches with kits--hoses and regulators. I know I don't need a regulator for the oxycon.

But will the hoses I get in a kit fit right onto the oxycon? Or do I need another adapter? The oxycon has one of those cone-shaped plastic connectors with ridges. Like a plastic hose would attach to it.

I want to get everything at once so I can get it and go.

Thanks in advance!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Carlisle mini cc with concentrator
Old 2007-10-22, 7:32am

If the concentrator has a barbed connection, which is what it sounds like you are describing, than it is simple as pie. You will have to take the hose that will come with a "B" size threaded adapter, cut the end of the hose so that it is just a blank end hose, then shove it onto the barb on the concentrator. You should then use a hose clamp over the connection to tighten it down around the barb. The hose clamp is a very simple part, that you just might want to ask that an extra one be sent with your stuff. That's it! Should be no problem.

If by some chance you don't get the extra hose clamp, you can pick one up at any hardware store for pocket change.

-always a sale and new items to check out!
East coast supplier of colored glass rod in 104 and 33, tools, torches, gloves, and everything else a flameworker needs
Where LE users receive 15% off glass, and 10% on everything else, every day all year long!
Old 2007-10-22, 8:00am
Gentleman of Leisure

Did you try and see if barbed connector on oxycon will unscrew.... On some machines it is removable and threaded stub that remains directly fits oxy connection on welding style hose...

Dale

Vendor-Artist-Studio-Teacher Registry

San Francisco - A Few Toys Short of a Happy Meal
Old 2007-10-22, 5:06pm
PyronamixK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dale M. View Post
Did you try and see if barbed connector on oxycon will unscrew.... On some machines it is removable and threaded stub that remains directly fits oxy connection on welding style hose...

Dale
Yep, on most machines, it will have the standard threaded fitting that fits the B fitting of your welding style hose. A lot of times, concentrators will come with a plastic "Christmas Tree" fitting screwed right onto the threaded fitting. This is because many of these machines are run with that clear airline tubing. The Invacare and I think the MobilAir have a permanent barb fitting.

If you have a machine that has that barb fitting, and you don't want to cut the B fitting off of your oxygen hose, you can use 1/4" inner diameter clear airline tubing (available just about anywhere like Home Depot) instead of the green oxygen hose. You should still use the red T-grade hose for your fuel gas.

You can also rig an adaptor to go between your main green oxygen hose and the barb fitting.