Lampwork Etc.

TrueDesign

LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Donate via PayPal to donate@lampworketc.com

Beads of Courage

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Library > Boro Room

Boro Room -- For Boro-related tips, techniques, and questions.

Old 2012-01-08, 9:51am

Nice marbles Chris. 'first fillacellos' LePatron that is a very time consuming technique as I understand it you draw on your lines then fill in every space in between? not quite sure I want to go there but yours look great.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old 2012-01-08, 12:58pm

Default Mixed,

......old and new, but better photo'd...
Attached Images

Old 2012-01-08, 6:08pm
Borovangelist

Oooh, I love the geode marble!

I haven't been making much, but I put this together recently as a gift for someone.

|
|
Old 2012-01-08, 6:14pm

That's awesome!

I just set my studio back up and I need to do more stuff and post pics.

Old 2012-01-09, 8:51am
Borosapien

Thanks everybody for the cool comments love the Geode and the lamp
and wow Harold so cool i love the beads and and everybody is so creative
Here are some more pieces i have made.

Old 2012-01-10, 4:50am

Wow Marcel! Those are just stunning. I'm almost embarrased to show my simple beads after that LOL! Here goes anyway. I make one or two of these after a day of beadmaking so they don't match, I just make them willy nilly.

Patti G.

Scorpion with 2 Regalia's on NG
Old 2012-01-13, 2:16pm
Harold Williams Cooney

American Trade Bead Food Program; Necklace auctions
, entertainment that improves Colorado.
Old 2012-01-13, 7:35pm

Awesome job Harold, just awesome.

"All true artists, whether they know it or not, create from a place of no-mind, from inner stillness."
Eckhart Tolle

Cathy[/font]
Old 2012-01-13, 11:15pm

My newest dragon
HWC love the vessels
Marcel very nice

#C-151
Old 2012-01-13, 11:28pm

been working on bottle stoppers too

#C-151
Old 2012-01-14, 9:51am

very nice Morgan what orange did you use in the bottom one looks nice and wispy.

Old 2012-01-14, 10:45am

it was not an orange actually, it was tag red reef twisted with clear and pulled into a stringer I was very surprised by the end color

#C-151
Old 2012-01-16, 6:01pm

Awesome work as usual! I just have some beads.

Old 2012-01-16, 6:25pm
Senior Moment

Aweome colors Rebecca

Old 2012-01-16, 6:44pm

Thanks Lysa! They both have NS Rust for a base. Rust is my freind.

Old 2012-01-16, 7:13pm
Marbles, dude, Marbles

Yo Baywinger - I'm slowly scrolling down and I hit your dragon. COOOL, Morgan.

Old 2012-01-16, 7:16pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by gmkcpa View Post
Yo Baywinger - I'm slowly scrolling down and I hit your dragon. COOOL, Morgan.
Thanks

#C-151
Old 2012-01-16, 7:17pm
Marbles, dude, Marbles

Then I scroll down a little more and hit Rebecca's beads. People are always searching for a good pink. Dudette, you hit the nail on the head.

Old 2012-01-16, 9:50pm

Yup that is one nice pink. Do you get that pink from the laying over the ns rust with something or is that the rust?

Old 2012-01-17, 5:05am

My beads are so simple compare to many in here. I'll just keep sharing anyway See the sparkle? I don't know what the glass is called, but I like it Patti G.

Scorpion with 2 Regalia's on NG
Old 2012-01-17, 6:37am

Quote:
Originally Posted by deb tarry View Post
Yup that is one nice pink. Do you get that pink from the laying over the ns rust with something or is that the rust?
I make a cane with 10-12mm clear and coat it with Rust. Everything else is variable but it's usually some combination of AP, Lt. Purple Haze, Triple Passion, Double Passion, some sparkle from something, maybe a stringer of disco, NS #9....stuff like that. Not necessarily all of that at once though. lol

MissP, that's a beautiful teal!

Old 2012-01-17, 7:33am
Pyromaniac

I always admire people who make boro beads. I think I need adamantium mandrels. And patience. And maybe some different bead release as mine always flakes off in the heat. And some more patience. WHY WON'T THE FRIGGIN THING MELT ROUND ARRRRRGHHHH.

Thank you for sharing those cool beads =)

Fortune Cookie say, "When things go wrong, don't go with them!"

Current Glass-Melting Apparatus:
GTT Lynx powered by 2 5 LPM Oxycons and
a sexy Barracuda running pure tanked Oxy
Old 2012-01-17, 10:06am

I hear you Chris I can make nice round bead with soft glass but with boro is like being back on a hot head torch as a newbie. I have made a few beads with boro and I use fusion bead release and when I am melting the glass smooth I hit the top of the bead with the flame not the centre as the mandrel gets to hot and threatens to melt in half. The beads being shown on this thread a beautiful.

Old 2012-01-17, 12:05pm

Default January Boro Beads

Here are some boro sets I have been working on this month!
Attached Images

Old 2012-01-17, 2:26pm

Lovely.

Old 2012-01-17, 5:52pm
Marbles, dude, Marbles

Whoa, Juba. Those are SMOKIN'. Really, to me all the waveyness is definitely colored smoke, or regular smoke over cool colors. (Give me a few minutes. I'll probably see something else in them.)

Last edited by gmkcpa; 2012-01-17 at 5:54pm. Reason: add my 2 cents.
Old 2012-01-17, 9:18pm

I'm really diggin the 2 tone tan and turquoise set. Nice!

Old 2012-01-18, 10:10am
The Venerable Bead

beautiful work everyone. I have some pink and purple large focal beads. sized approx 12x23mm
Attached Images

Paula AKA The Venerable Bead

"I believe in pink, I believe that laughing is the best calorie burner. I believe in kissing, kissing a lot. I believe in being strong when everything seems to be going wrong. I believe that happy girls are the prettiest girls. I believe that tomorrow is another day and I believe in miracles."
— Audrey Hepburn

flaming away on a betta, natural gas, and 2 M-20's

Old 2012-01-19, 2:37am
Torchaholic ;)

Its been a min since I've been on here but was proud of the xmas gifts I made our friends Chad and Lauren. Who let us stay with them in Tampa thru xmas !

For him ~
Attached Images

FOLLOW OUR TRAVELS IN THE MOBILE SHOP !

Old 2012-01-19, 2:38am
Torchaholic ;)

for her ~
Attached Images

FOLLOW OUR TRAVELS IN THE MOBILE SHOP !