Lampwork Etc.

Send a PM to CorriDawn!

LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Beads of Courage

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Business as usual > Website help and critique

Website help and critique -- Get assistance with your website.

Old 2006-03-12, 6:26pm

Default I'll play

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by sarakay; 2006-05-06 at 10:56pm.
Old 2006-03-12, 6:42pm
Fire Diva

Hi Sara! I looked...sorry no suggestions from me because I am website challenged. Anyway, seeing the peeps reminds me that I have peeps in the candy drawer...YUM!!!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old 2006-03-12, 6:47pm
Cancer SUCKS!

Default Hey Fay and Gallery

First off I just love your beads Sara!! They continue amaze me. Hopefully some day I will own a few of your PEEP beads. Gotta love STALE peeps!

Hey Fay!

I can't wait to get the pink and black/white bead I just won on ebay!!

Deb in MN
Old 2006-03-12, 6:47pm

are they stale? Peeps are best when they are a little crunchy.

Old 2006-03-12, 7:15pm
Satake Woman!

I like the gallery, so I can't make any suggestions.

Satake glass in stock and ready for you!
Old 2006-03-12, 7:17pm
Fire Diva

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deb Hopeful Journeys
First off I just love your beads Sara!! They continue amaze me. Hopefully some day I will own a few of your PEEP beads. Gotta love STALE peeps!

Hey Fay!

I can't wait to get the pink and black/white bead I just won on ebay!!

Deb in MN
That was you?!! I had no clue. Thank you so much. I hope you enjoy it!!

The peeps are new...just bought them yesterday...yummy!!

Old 2006-03-12, 9:19pm
Glass artist tool builder

Its a great site. The white background does not take away from your work. Perfect size pictures and it loads quickly. Nice job.
Old 2006-03-13, 5:28pm
Maria B @ Indone6ix

I like the gallery actually. And love the website, very clean looking. My type of thing. But I have a suggestion if you want a different look, maybe make them as thumbnails and people can click it when they want to see it big? Its good for the page download too, will be faster.

I love your feminine beads!

Old 2006-03-13, 5:51pm
FKA Stacia

Do you know what it is about your gallery that you don't like? It does the job of showing your work without having distracting backgrounds, etc. Personally, I'm not a lover of thumbnails unless they are necessary for loading purposes. Loading time doesn't seem to be a problem.

Nothing specific jumps out that I think needs to be changed. Something is just not striking your asthetic. Sorry not more help.

Stacia
Old 2006-03-16, 9:39am

Sara- the beads are amzing- but i don't know if the gallery draws the casual user in enough to show them all off.

For example- you have a couple in the freesia style- but they are separated. The you have the cute peeps which are a completely different style. Your frogs look completely different from the standard- but someone who like that type of thing may stall at the beginning when seeing two freesia beads first.

I'd suggest a header on the page that has a variety of your beads in a collage to start with- so they know what you are capable of.

As you add beads, I would break out pages of "types" of beads to show off each strength

The obvious missing part- make sure they know where to buy from you!

Good luck with the site- the beads should make this site sing easily!
:

--------------
Make Beads:

--------------

Do you make purple hearts? Let me know in your order and I'll send you free purple glass!
Old 2006-03-16, 10:48am

Those are really good suggestions, Jessica. Thanks!

~sara

Old 2006-03-16, 10:50am
In search of her path....

I think for the gallery I would make a small table with super l closeups of each bead and when you clikc on it it opens the page for that bead. It takes more time to build this way but it really looks very nice when its done.

Prints for sale in my
!
Old 2006-03-16, 5:40pm

I have code I used when I built deanna griffin dove's website that displays a secondary window.

Old 2006-03-18, 8:47pm

Suggestions!?! Nope, looks perfect to me!!! Very pretty beads!!!