Lampwork Etc.

AKDesign

LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

The Flow

Caber Light

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Business as usual > Classes, Retreats, Get togethers, Etc.

Classes, Retreats, Get togethers, Etc. -- Upcoming classes, retreats, special events, Get togethers. Please delete your thread when the event is over.

Old 2009-01-01, 5:08pm

Default Spaces Available for Marcy Lamberson Class in Atlanta February 19-20, 2009!

Marcy Lamberson will be teaching a class for the Southern Flames in Atlanta next month and there are currently a couple of openings for the class on Thursday and Friday, February 19-20, 2009. The cost for the two-day class is an incredible $160.00! Marcy will be teaching at the Gathering this year, and this is a great opportunity to grab this class early! Marcy's class description is below.

"Living the Sculptural Glass Life a Little Off Balance"
Class Objectives:
Main: To teach by breaking down glass Sculpture techniques into easy steps and keeping it fun.
Sub: Basic Shapes - using what you already know and translating it into sculpture.
Sub: Creative ways of using the tools you have as well as an introduction to new ones.
Sub: Heat Control and asymmetrical balance while torching.
Sub: Translating 3-D and 2-D inspiration into beads.
Sub: Technique Details- like skin, fur, hair, facial expressions and a handout.
Sub: Adding fun to your sculptures- it's all in the little details.

Day 1:
Getting comfortable with glass sculpture by using some shapes and tools that you already know. We'll take basic lampworking shapes as the start-off point and turn them into simple sculptural items -- e.g., turn donut shapes into birds, bicones into seashells, lentils or tabs into flowers or faces, cones into cupcakes or owls, etc. In addition to working with the shapes, we'll also focus on techniques and tools pertinent to the different items.

Day 2:
Ah, the fun day. We'll be doing more complex sculptural pieces and combining some of the techniques that we learned the day before. On top of that, we'll be working more with heat control, so it makes it to the kiln. We'll also work with facial expressions, proportions and creative details.

Experience level: Intermediate. Students should have completed some form of basic glass bead making instruction, either self–taught or otherwise. The class covers a broad array of techniques and offers challenging applications for a wide variety of skill-levels.

Students will supply their own tools and glass to be used in the class (mostly standard colors of Morretti/Effetre). A specific materials/supply list will be sent to students prior to the class.

Contact me by PM or at margo.knight@alston.com for registration details.

Margo Knight

Last edited by Mr. Smiley; 2009-01-07 at 4:46am.
Old 2009-01-02, 11:04am
boro color bender

Ooooh... I so want to take this class. What an incredible price!!! I'm gonna have to check my schedule... this sounds like so much fun!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"Truth is, everybody is going to hurt you; you just gotta find the ones worth suffering for." -Bob Marley
Old 2009-01-02, 11:48am
StudioMarcy

Brent it would be fun for you to come join us. You know how much we love you in Atlanta.

We tried really hard to keep the price low and of course, not having travel and other teacher expenses, we could cut the price waaay down for everyone.

Marcy Lamberson
Studio Marcy
Old 2009-01-02, 12:18pm
boro color bender

That is so awesome... and you make the cutest creatures ever. Let me see what I can do. I'd love to see you all again.

"Truth is, everybody is going to hurt you; you just gotta find the ones worth suffering for." -Bob Marley
Old 2009-01-02, 12:19pm
boro color bender

Are you sure you don't mind a boro boy popping soft glass all over the place?

Old 2009-01-05, 12:57pm

Brent, that would be awesome if you could come for the class! Popped glass and all!

Margo
Old 2009-01-05, 1:02pm

Default Correction

I realized I misspoke in my initial message, but not sure how to edit that post. The $135.00 class fee I posted is for Southern Flames members, and the fee for nonmembers is $160.00. I apologize for not including that bit. Still a fantastic price!

Margo