Lampwork Etc.

TrueDesign

LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Donate via PayPal to donate@lampworketc.com

Beads of Courage

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Library > Boro Room

Boro Room -- For Boro-related tips, techniques, and questions.

Old 2008-05-23, 9:28am
Spoiled

Default Precision colors, any pics?

We just got a few of the Precision colors that Olympic had on sale. We're pretty new to boro and were wondering if anyone had some pictures of what they did with some of the colors? The colors sound interesting, green tea, mother of green pearl, blue velvet and a few others I can't remember the names of.

Thanks

An amazing Cuda with 2 M15's & propane, a Lynx, and a Tondodama torch.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old 2008-05-23, 8:22pm

The green tea and mother of green pearl sounded interesting and I got a bit. the only thing I tried ended up all checked- Sorry no pics, didn't bother saving them. I'd say play a bit, but avoid thick encasement. There may be a way to get them to work that way but I didn't manage it.

Rob.

Old 2008-05-24, 7:06am
Spoiled

Thanks for the tip about encasement. I'm going to hopefully get to play later tonight or tomorrow.

Old 2008-05-24, 7:43am
yukue fumei

hi Aimee-
which colors did you get? I hope you got some of the Unobtanium--you will love it. The rods from Olympic were extra sparkly than normal(I bought them about 1-1/2 years ago, so not sure if it is still there, but it was nice!)
The Silver Seaweed is a fun color--unexpected colors! Blue Velvet and Blue Metal are nice! Jet Black is the best black!

Lemme see if I have some pics....

nagi

Old 2008-05-26, 6:33am

Jet black is one of the best blacks out there, be careful with any of the obtainiums tho, try to avoid encasement.

Burning a tanked Phantom
Old 2008-05-26, 8:06am
yukue fumei

Rob and shadymmilkman are right--sparkly and green colors are tough to encase in things like marbles but small beads are okay....
here is a pic of one of my first marbles to show Blue Metal....it looks like Unobtanium. I am not sure if present batches can still be encased...

a Tan Silver Creek goddess with Amazon Night frit

nagi

Old 2008-05-31, 7:06pm

Nagi... holy moly... that flower looks like it's floating in a bubble.. you know the kind we blew as children! WOWZERS!
Jo
Old 2008-06-05, 9:10pm
yukue fumei

thanks Jo!

nagi

Old 2008-06-06, 10:50am

Wow Nagi that marble is purty!

Old 2008-06-06, 11:17am
yukue fumei

thanks Dawn!

nagi

Old 2008-06-07, 7:26pm

Hmmm...I've imploded Unobtanium several times and have never had any cracking issues. Maybe I got a good batch!

I used it here in this vortex marble.

Last edited by hotcoles; 2008-06-07 at 7:35pm.
Old 2008-06-07, 8:33pm
Spoiled

Nagi - That marble with the blue metal is very pretty.
Heidi - Cool vortex.

I did get some unobtanium. I've only gotten to get on the torch once since I got the glass and I was making a few more things for an upcoming show so I didn't get any playtime.

I'm actually going to get a play day this coming Tuesday or Wednesday (finally) and I'm going to make sure that color is the first to go into the fire.

Old 2008-06-08, 5:31pm
yukue fumei

Thanks Aimee-
can't wait to see what you do!

nagi