Lampwork Etc.

Mountain Glass Arts

LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Beads of Courage

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Library > The Dark Room

The Dark Room -- Photo Editing and Picture Taking. Advice, tutorials, questions on all things photoshop, photo editing, and taking pictures of beads or glass.

Old 2008-12-13, 11:23am

Cool Inexpensive Photo Cube!

I just came across this. I thought it was a pretty good deal. $35.00

http://www.photoflex.com:80/store/pr...tory_clearance

On Sale now!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 2008-12-14, 2:42pm

Thanks for the link, that is a great price! My photos suffer from improper lighting.

Old 2008-12-31, 7:15am

Thanks for the link,
Shipping to Israel is:
This is currently the only shipping method available to use on this order.
United Parcel Service (1 x 11lbs)
$194.97
Worldwide

!!!!!
Old 2008-12-31, 7:35am
unique porcelain beads

Try this one. It is the one I have and it works really great and the price is great too. For small stuff you only need the 14" one. (scroll down its toward the bottom of the page)

It folds up into an nice little packet you could stick in your purse. I find it really great and very convienient.

http://alzodigital.com/online_store/light_tent.htm

Old 2008-12-31, 7:35am
Does my glass look 2 big?

That's the price for just the cube right? I don't think it comes with anything else?

Old 2008-12-31, 7:42am

Just did a search, there are also very cheap ones on Ebay, just the tent for about $15. But are they any good? Is there a difference in tents?

I got a set up for Christmas but it came with a 20" tent, that is way too big for bead but I like the lights and could use the larger tent later one, so I need a smaller tent now...

Old 2008-12-31, 10:32pm

If you have a large one that is over kill, you can get additional diffusion and light spread by putting a tent inside the larger cube and then your jewlery inside the smaller tent. You can use tissue paper, white nylon, white cotton, frosted plastic (like Tupper ware bowls, plastic milk cartons, etc.). The multiple walls of diffusion is how a softbox is constructed.

Mike
Old 2008-12-31, 10:36pm
Ass-kicking Cephalopod

Quote:
Originally Posted by Olimpia View Post
Just did a search, there are also very cheap ones on Ebay, just the tent for about $15. But are they any good? Is there a difference in tents?

I got a set up for Christmas but it came with a 20" tent, that is way too big for bead but I like the lights and could use the larger tent later one, so I need a smaller tent now...
I bought one of the $15 ones from ebay and it works just fine!

DOG is my co-pilot
Cricket w/two 5 lpm oxycons - and sometimes a Minor.
Old 2009-01-01, 1:51pm
FireSculptedCouture.com

I have a small 24" cube that I love -- I also purchased the photo lights (bulbs) too which make such a huge difference.

I am not sure if you all have this link, but I have ordered from them and been super happy with the products and customer service.

http://store.tabletopstudio-store.com/index.html

site is not yet available

Old 2009-01-01, 8:31pm

I was just there looking! I thought(briefly) about building one, but by the time you buy any materials, you've spent more than those. The lights seem expensive though. Will cheap gooseneck lamps work?
My Etsy

SRA
#H135
Old 2009-01-01, 8:36pm
Oooooh Sparkly!

Thanks for the links everyone, I really need to work on taking pictures of my beads. Ugh
Old 2009-01-01, 9:11pm

Thanks Squid, I think I will get one! I figured I'd keep the larger one for perhaps photographing sets and being able to shoot them from straight above, but thought the smaller one fitting inside for the focals.

Thanks Mike, yep, 20" I think is a bit too large for me. Good thing my lights came with covers so they diffuse the light. Not sure what they are called, they are made of the same material as the tent with an elastic band that secures them around the metal shade. Kinda like a sock for a lamp, ha! So even if I place the lamp right on the bead it still doesn't glare too much.

Old 2009-01-01, 10:07pm
FireSculptedCouture.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by teachertracey View Post
Will cheap gooseneck lamps work?
Yes, I am sure it would be just fine. You might check the wattage rating though... that is what I use and have had no problems. Sure makes a huge difference!

site is not yet available