Lampwork Etc.

AKDesign

LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Donate via PayPal to donate@lampworketc.com

Beads of Courage

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Business as usual > Classes, Retreats, Get togethers, Etc.

Classes, Retreats, Get togethers, Etc. -- Upcoming classes, retreats, special events, Get togethers. Please delete your thread when the event is over.

Old 2017-06-10, 8:27am
HotFlash Designs

Thumbs up BOC night! (Chicagoland) June 16, 2017

Friday evening June 16, at Fine Line in St Charles IL.

I love the BOC program, and at our last faculty meeting I asked if we could dedicate a session (or more) to specifically make BOC beads for donation. This will be our first one.

We have 12 torches, good ventilation, glass donated by Ed Hoys (about 5 pounds), eye wear, mandrels, bead release and basic tools. (graphite, tweezers etc...) I'll also likely bring a bunch of bead rollers.

I'll open the doors at 5, and close them at 9. Can't get there until 7? not a problem! I'm just opening the doors at 5 kind of like an open house.

If you're interested in coming, please e-mail eileen@fineline.org.

https://fineline.org/pages/map-and-directions

Be Curious. Not judgmental.
Old 2017-06-12, 7:50am

Thumbs up

Hi Sheri, what a really cool idea! I've not been to the Fine Line in eons. I taught there a gazillion years ago, and it will be nice to visit again. I would love to join you! Sounds like a lot of fun. I'll send you an email. Looking forward to meeting you and getting beads made for these special kids!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old 2017-06-13, 10:16pm

Thumbs up

My buddy, Tara, and I have signed up and are looking forward to this really special event. It's a great thing you have organized!! It's about time we had a BOC round in the Chicagoland area. It's been difficult to find the right place and time I think. It think the timing is PERFECT! And the studio in Fine Line is superb. Bravo! So good of you to share this. See you Friday! Hope to see some ol' friendly faces there....

Old 2017-06-14, 5:56pm
HotFlash Designs

Yay!! I'm so happy you'll be there! It's a new thing for me, and I don't know how many people will be there, but it will be fun!!

We've signed up/requested to be an official host studio for BOC this fall too.

Old 2017-06-22, 9:44am
HotFlash Designs

Here's the main pile. (Phone pictures) I've included a few from my workbench at home .
Attached Images

Old 2017-06-25, 7:26am

Wink

Hi Sheri, thanks for the photo! So hard not to see beads as they come out the next day from the kiln. That was always my favorite part of making them; the sweet surprise of AWE (I love colors, it doesn't take much to amuse me, LOL)!

That said, I can't wait for redemption time when you and The FINE LINE host another of these events in September! I need it badly as Im a bit rusty.