Lampwork Etc.

Send a PM to CorriDawn!

LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Frantz Art Glass & Supply

Glacial Art Glass

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Library > Boro Room

Boro Room -- For Boro-related tips, techniques, and questions.

Old 2007-02-05, 11:24pm
Boro Brat

Seriously amazing stuff in here this month!! Wow! Here are a couple I made the other day...

This last one is going home to Shawnette tomorrow! Fastest sale I ever had! Thanks, Nette!!!!

Hopefully I'll have more to show soon...I have some things in the works

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 2007-02-06, 1:09am
traumaqueen

Location: Utrecht, a town in The Netherlands, close to amsterdam

Pipyr those are incredible, and I sooo love your haircolor ( picture on website)
I had it like that too but it got too frikkin expensive to keep it that color ( it washed out ever time, and I had to visit the salon every other week or so...sigh)

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old 2007-02-06, 1:17am

Pipyr, they are gorgeous.
Andreas
Old 2007-02-06, 6:14am
Serenity Now!

They're gorgeous, Pipiyr! Love 'em...

Art, Colour, Bling & Happy happening here:
Old 2007-02-06, 6:14am

Pipyr... love all that color!!! On the glass, that is.... I will have to go and see what Suzanne is talking about...

Old 2007-02-06, 8:29am
Boro Brat

Thanks so much, girls!! I have lots of color ideas coming to me. The one that sold is actually blue moon with silver seaweed spin trailing. Not what I expected, but I was so happy with him!

I actually had the same problem with the hair color fading. I just went to the hairdressers and had my hair dyed a more natural red and it's driving me nuts because it's too boring for me. I'm going to have cherry colored streaks put in on Friday...

Old 2007-02-06, 10:25am
mystical cat lover 56

Thumbs up

nice
Old 2007-02-06, 5:10pm

I don't post often, but trust me, I'm drooling whenever I visit this place....I wanna be like you all when I grow up!
The fire gods looked favorably on me this past weekend. I actually made some beads that were acceptable to me. I think I finally figured out that I was trying to work too big. These were made with Spring Luster over a pale peach base, rolled in Paula's NT1 frit, and encased. I can still find things wrong with them, but they're close to what I want....well, as close as I'm going to get right now

Old 2007-02-06, 7:45pm
Serenity Now!

Pretty colors! Here's a few more things from me...

Old 2007-02-06, 10:35pm
HourGlass Studio

Lovin' your spinning tops Val.

Pipyr your creatures are amazing.

Kim you got some cool color from the NT frit.

Eric dichro agrees with you. Cant decide which one I like best.

Carrie you rocked those colors again. I love the heart.

Andres your Japanese inspired heart bead is way cool.

Chad your marbles are so funky. I really like the swirly blue/ purplish one.

ashmo that is a great flower.

Beau....what can I say I love them all.

Last edited by Laurie L; 2007-02-06 at 10:42pm.
Old 2007-02-07, 7:23am

Well I dug out the boro the other day...these are darker in the pic than they really are.. I call them Pennsylvania Maple Syrup.. nice blends..

I love the little tops, VAl. And Pipyr.. OMG gorgeous colors, too.
Attached Images

Old 2007-02-08, 12:08am

Thank you Laurie

Four hearts from me:

Greetings
Andreas
Old 2007-02-08, 1:17am
Formerly Fireflyartglass

Quote:
Originally Posted by Over the Moon View Post
Pretty colors! Here's a few more things from me...

What glass is the blue colour in the base of the spinning top it is beautiful just the colour I have been looking for??? you work is awesome by the way ! Also what colours are in the bottom right set? i love BLUE!!!
Old 2007-02-08, 5:21pm
Serenity Now!

Honest to God, I wish I could say! It's a sickness, I tell you...I just grab a few rods from my table - melt, twist and play...more times than not, I don't keep notes, 'though I've always got the very best of intentions!

Not stone-walling here - it's just the way it is - true addiction and Zen!

Last edited by Over the Moon; 2007-02-08 at 5:25pm.
Old 2007-02-08, 6:11pm
San Diego Toni

Finally something decent for me to share!!
some hearts for v-day (thanks smiley for the tut - i have been practicing!)

my bad news is that I made a kick ass 2" marble vortex/dichro in class a week ago friday - I was very excited!! I showed up to class this past fri night and it was gone. nada. STOLEN!!!! The Monday teacher said she took it out of the kiln and it was nice. I was so upset/mad/pissed! I worked 2 1/2 hrs on that thing!! I realize it probably shouldn't take that long, but i worked hard!!

Anyhow - I drool a lot at all your great work but haven't had anything to share lately. These are pretty OK!

Toni
Attached Images

Old 2007-02-08, 6:12pm
San Diego Toni

So you can see the difference in the sizes...
Attached Images

Old 2007-02-08, 7:20pm

Ah, that sucks Toni! A 2" marble is a lot of work, and it doubly sucks that you never even got to hold it. Hopefully, someone will feel guilty and return it.

The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing. ---- Albert Einstein

Old 2007-02-08, 8:14pm
I'm too sexy for my shirt

Everyone's work is beautiful. Each one makes me drool even more.

Jerri
Old 2007-02-09, 4:37am
Nah, not really...;)

Toni, the 3rd heart, top row, is my favorite!!! Nice work!

Old 2007-02-09, 2:13pm
Type ZZZ personality

Sorry you had something taken. I had that happen, too. It stinks, but what can you do?

Lynx with 2 5-lpm oxycons
Old 2007-02-09, 2:41pm
The Venerable Bead

karma's a bitch Toni they will get theirs. pretty hearts

Paula AKA The Venerable Bead

"I believe in pink, I believe that laughing is the best calorie burner. I believe in kissing, kissing a lot. I believe in being strong when everything seems to be going wrong. I believe that happy girls are the prettiest girls. I believe that tomorrow is another day and I believe in miracles."
— Audrey Hepburn

flaming away on a betta, natural gas, and 2 M-20's

Old 2007-02-09, 3:59pm
Skeptical Optimist

Talking

Ahh yes, the lovely colors you got out of the glass remind me why I love boro so.... Keep it up!

Patrice & Paul, Running a Mirage and Barracuda on a Pro-8.
Old 2007-02-10, 3:05am

Hello,
i got a sample from the new GA colours

This heart is made with Lilac and Black Pearl

The unicorn is made with Lilac (the body unencased, the legs encased) and Havanna Moon Lite

the hat from the snail is made with Powder Puff (unencased)
Old 2007-02-10, 6:29am
lov'in life!!!

WOW, cool stuff everyone. The colors are popping out everywhere! I finally went to propane heat and can't WAIT to try it out.

Here are a couple of hearts, made with Brents tutorial. The loop is pretty cool. It lets the heart hang straight up and down. The first one is sold

I am having SO much fun with these hearts...thanks again Brent You are the bestest!

The past is history...the future is a mystery...today is a gift...that's why
we call it the "Present".

Old 2007-02-10, 7:45am
The Venerable Bead

nice hearts krissa,
Here is a barrel made with Funky Cosmos frit blend, a flat tab made with Open Mind and an implosion
Attached Images

Paula AKA The Venerable Bead

"I believe in pink, I believe that laughing is the best calorie burner. I believe in kissing, kissing a lot. I believe in being strong when everything seems to be going wrong. I believe that happy girls are the prettiest girls. I believe that tomorrow is another day and I believe in miracles."
— Audrey Hepburn

flaming away on a betta, natural gas, and 2 M-20's

Old 2007-02-10, 8:21am
lov'in life!!!

Thanks Paula

I LOVE those colors! Great job. Might have to just get some of that blend, once my pocket book recovers fromt he frit order!

The past is history...the future is a mystery...today is a gift...that's why
we call it the "Present".

Old 2007-02-10, 12:06pm
San Diego Toni

Yeah it sucks, but you're right - there's nothing I can do. I have asked the teacher if we can have our stuff put in the cabinet instead of left out - but the whole class needs to agree on that.

I really need to learn how to use my new camera - the pictures don't really do the colors in those photos much justice.

Krissa the last one is my favorite - love the colors

Nate Miers http://eyecandyarts.com/bio.htm is going to be in Los Angeles doing a marble show in March - and a 1 day class! I was able to get in and am very excited, albeit a little nervous. What a dork, huh?

Toni

Old 2007-02-10, 7:28pm

Here is another fun heart.
Attached Images

The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing. ---- Albert Einstein

Old 2007-02-10, 8:16pm
Boro Brat

All the colors are making my mouth water!!!!! YUM! The oxy people didn't deliver my tank like they were supposed to yesterday (I'll forgive them...I love me oxy people!!) so it really forced me to finish up some pieces that I've had in-process for a while now. Still have more waiting for finishing touches, but it sure feels good to have some DONE! All have PMC except for the first creature...he's all glass and he's a lot more purple than the picture shows. First time I've had a problem getting my camera to catch the color right...humph!

This has been a wonderful showcase!!!!!!!

Old 2007-02-10, 8:20pm
Satake Woman!

Ok, what do I have to do to get your latest uni-seal???

Satake glass in stock and ready for you!