Lampwork Etc.

AKDesign

LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Frantz Art Glass & Supply

Beads of Courage

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Library > Boro Room

Boro Room -- For Boro-related tips, techniques, and questions.

Old 2008-02-06, 5:10pm
Melting for Glass!

Joanna - very nice, creative! work
Eric - yummy - those hearts are adorable - and love the color.

Cecilia

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 2008-02-06, 5:14pm
Torch junkie

Here's a new dragon for Feb.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"It's not the torch you have that makes you better. It's what you learn to do with the torch you have, that makes you better."
Old 2008-02-06, 11:35pm
onebizebee

These beads were made with a base of clear then Aurora frit,clear frit then encased.
They remind me of a fire storm on the outside and cool waters on the inside. Lots of colors ranging in peach's,rusts,greens,blues and purples. They are listed but I think I am the only one who likes them lol!
Old 2008-02-07, 8:18am

Great Hearts!
Very creative combining the vintage with the glass...
Great Dragon Roger...I have one of your soft glass dragons...and a kitty too!
Very cool combination Bizeeee

Old 2008-02-07, 10:36am
Renee Weaver

I like the colors bizebee,
Roger.. that dragon is fantastic.
Here's some more vessels and a heart out of GAP

Old 2008-02-07, 4:17pm
onebizebee

I am always inspired everyone here. Everything is beautiful. Thank you for your kind words!
Old 2008-02-07, 7:10pm

An etched, flat lapped small focal

Sorry, but sometimes I can't remember what I used but am really happy with the results and want to share, this is one of those times

Old 2008-02-07, 7:12pm
Pyromaniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kim V View Post
An etched, flat lapped small focal

Sorry, but sometimes I can't remember what I used but am really happy with the results and want to share, this is one of those times
Is that the black ruby? I love that stuff!

Sexy Barracuda and Mirage

Old 2008-02-08, 4:26am

I think you're right, Lana. Thanks! I made this during a playtime where I was fooling around with layering colors and I don't remember if this is one of those canes or straight....I THINK straight. I DO remember it is encased in clear. That's pretty good for so early in the morning!!

Old 2008-02-08, 4:49am

It looks like it could be persimmon stike too. Its pretty!

Heidi

~~
~~
Old 2008-02-08, 11:02am
Renee Weaver

Eric, I love love love those pink hearts! Here are some more vessels.

Last edited by Renee Weaver; 2008-02-08 at 12:58pm.
Old 2008-02-08, 12:02pm

Thanks for the positive feedback on the hearts. It is kind of hit and miss with them somedays. I made some more yesterday, and they ended up more peachy golden. They are still pretty, but I was shooting for that nice pink again.

The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing. ---- Albert Einstein

Old 2008-02-08, 3:17pm

Wow, nice work you all. I especially like those last two vessels...

i know hearts are old hat here, but they sell & are fun to make - and I haven't posted anything in ages. Here goes, sorry for hoggin it:
Attached Images

Old 2008-02-08, 6:04pm
Renee Weaver

Christy, the bright yellow heart is my favorite. I'm working on hearts too and they're not old hat to me, they're so much fun.

Old 2008-02-08, 6:07pm
Pyromaniac

Christy, I KNOW that is Stormy weather in that first heart, anyway, gorgeous color!!!

Renee, I love those vessels!

Old 2008-02-08, 7:05pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by onebizebee View Post

These beads were made with a base of clear then Aurora frit,clear frit then encased.
They remind me of a fire storm on the outside and cool waters on the inside. Lots of colors ranging in peach's,rusts,greens,blues and purples. They are listed but I think I am the only one who likes them lol!
I love them, you're not the only one! I like how you layered the clear and the colored frit, then clear again.
Old 2008-02-08, 9:10pm
onebizebee

Thank you! I love the effects frit has. Especially clear. I also think all the art work is beautiful on this forum. I love to unwind from a day just spending time enjoying everyones creativity.
Old 2008-02-09, 9:52am

Christy I like the one with the green sparkle in it too! Its pretty! The yellow is a really great color combo as well!
Bizebee that is a pretty color combination!! Nive job! I also love your table that you phtograph on! Great pics!
Renee Those vessels are awsome! I like the one with the clear dots over the ruby/purple color! Nice!!
Roger Those dragons are incredible!! Really intricate detailed work!

Heidi

~~
~~

Last edited by Jamn!; 2008-02-09 at 9:55am.
Old 2008-02-09, 12:49pm

Black Ruby with some Clear frit

See, sometimes I DO remember what I used

Last edited by Kim V; 2008-02-11 at 6:06am. Reason: clarification
Old 2008-02-09, 2:42pm

Kim, is that silver lined my friend??????????? It is very very gorgeous!!!!!!
Brenda

Old 2008-02-09, 4:01pm

Great work everyone, and thanks for the feedback on my vintage piece.
I haven't made marbles in quite a while, but I was inspired.
Thanks for looking!
Jo

Old 2008-02-09, 5:10pm

WHOA on those marble.....I'll take the last one if it's looking for a home in Connecticut...and maybe the 1st, 2nd & 3rd one too!!!!
Brenda

Old 2008-02-10, 1:02pm

Kim That is gorgeous! I love the way you put it all together too!
Those marbles are really impressive! I want to see the backs too!

Heidi

~~
~~
Old 2008-02-10, 3:25pm
Pyromaniac

Default Sick of Red Hearts Yet?

Are you sick of Red Hearts yet? Well here's another:

Old 2008-02-11, 6:08am

Thanks for the encouragement!
Lana, one can never get too tired of your red hearts!
Jo, while I like them all, I absolutely LOVE that first marble!!!!!

Old 2008-02-11, 7:33am

Hi everyone!
It's been ages since I've posted, over a year I think. I moved and wasn't able to set up a studio until recently. It took 10 months of looking to find a studio space that would allow flameworking.I've missed posting and seeing what everyones been doing, it's great to be back here

This marble is part of a series I just finished for an art exhibit at a local gallery that opened yesterday, they're meditation orbs. I imploded three opals, and then used a florist frog to make the air traps, fumed with gold and imploded. The back is Garnet, Caribbean Coral, and Amber Purple.

Old 2008-02-11, 8:47am

Wow, Andy!
Old 2008-02-11, 4:43pm

Oh Andy... that is absolutely STUNNING.

Shaaaazzzzzayum!

Jo
Old 2008-02-11, 6:27pm
Serenity Now!

Andy - Like the girls said - HS and WoW!!!!!!!

Art, Colour, Bling & Happy happening here:
Old 2008-02-11, 8:57pm
Master Procrastinator

The meditation marble is to die for!