LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Beads of Courage

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Library > Tips, Techniques, and Questions

Tips, Techniques, and Questions -- Technical questions or tips

Old 2013-12-04, 9:24pm

Default ????only, why are so many Beadrollers for sale

Just a question, I am getting into bead work again and see many beadrollers for sale opposed to the brass presses? IS there a preference or cost or what?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

_
Old 2013-12-04, 9:50pm
Hobby Junkie

I like rollers better than presses for rounded or barrel shapes. Presses for flat shapes.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old 2013-12-04, 9:51pm

Each does their own thing. It's fun to switch up shapes. Plenty of others want to try what one is bored with. Sell it more money for other items or new presses/rollers.

Just my two cents!!

Old 2013-12-04, 11:33pm
Wonder-wench

I think people get excited, especially newbies, and buy lots of cool tools. Later on they realize they don't use them as much as they thought and sell them. cough, cough, I may have some experience with this

Old 2013-12-05, 12:35am

For me i need the money right now and the presses are heavier so more expensive to ship overseas, besides that my presses have more specific forms so i use them more.

Visit my Etsy:

Visit My ebay:
Old 2013-12-05, 1:06am

brass tools chill the glass faster, so graphite tools have come popular. I have and use both presses and rollers. for any round type bead the rollers are really quick to use

#C-151
Old 2013-12-05, 9:13am
sunscreen me baby

Quote:
Originally Posted by BellaBean View Post
I like rollers better than presses for rounded or barrel shapes. Presses for flat shapes.
This.

~

Old 2013-12-06, 8:11pm

Thanks for answers. I have a lot of brass tools and I love how many shapes the CG beadrollers offer for a great price, so that will be my next buy.

_
Old 2013-12-08, 7:30am

Take a look at Devardi's rollers 1st for the basics. They work well and are very reasonable. CG has many more shapes to offer, but you might want to see how you like the graphite before investing.