Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Donate via PayPal to donate@lampworketc.com

Beads of Courage

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Library > Tips, Techniques, and Questions

Tips, Techniques, and Questions -- Technical questions or tips

Old 2012-04-09, 9:22am

Default Z-971 Mountain Blue

I acquired some of this and I was wondering if anyone has any suggestions about what it looks good on or with?

Thank you...

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old 2012-04-09, 1:09pm

I have heard it looks good with z-99 on opal yellow. I dont have any so that's all I know
Old 2012-04-09, 2:01pm
http://youtu.be/nGt9jAkWi

I'm sure anything you do will make it look gorgeous.

Vivian

-

Old 2012-04-09, 3:17pm
Cancer SUCKS!

OMG, you lucky girl

Old 2012-04-09, 7:51pm

Lucky you! I love this color, I just wish I had more. The color you see is what you get, no strange properties that I can remember. Andrea Guarino used it in her class which is the first time I saw it in this bead style (blue on the outer edges of the bead on the right):

And I really like it in watercolor style beads, it is the only blue (that I can remember anyways) in these beads:

Hope that helps, I'm sure you'll do something great with it!

Tina

Old 2012-04-09, 9:14pm

Thank you everyone Wow Tina, those beads are gorgeous! Is that an opal yellow base? Looking at those, I'm excited.
I did get lucky. I went to my local glass supplier and asked if they had any Zimmerman laying around and what do you know, they did. A whole box of it. I found two kilo's of the Mountain Blue and snagged it at 50% off. No Z99 though. They threw in a bag of Z96 too. I haven't tried that yet either. Tomorrow I will be doing some experimenting.

Last edited by glassactcc; 2012-04-09 at 9:20pm.
Old 2012-04-10, 12:42am
><>

Is it powder or frit?
If it's frit would you mind posting a real clear pic?
I have a few kilos of a proprietary frit mix (big size, maybe 3)of theirs and I think over half of it is Z-971.
They wouldn't say exactly which colors were in it when I bought it :/
It's a great size for stringer or if you want to further process it.
I think I may need a frit smasher and a kick ass magnet. lol
"In the whole world I have no twin, and my face is not me. I am someone under the skin others see only in glances."
"I can live with not being popular,but not with compromising my beliefs in order to fit in." jh
"Tolerance becomes a crime when applied to evil." Thomas Mann
Old 2012-04-10, 1:35am

Hi,
I have enough of all colors of Zimmermann. If you want something you can send me an e-Mail,
Angela Liane
Old 2012-04-10, 5:29am

Ooooh I am so jealous! If you are interested in unloading any of that mountain blue please let me know! The first set of beads and the last was definitely an opal yellow base, the one in the middle I think may have been white though. I use opal yellow a lot when I'm using the z99 because of the pinks you get from it on that base but any base that you like with blue really should work well for the mountain blue. Have fun playing!

Tina

Quote:
Originally Posted by glassactcc View Post
Thank you everyone Wow Tina, those beads are gorgeous! Is that an opal yellow base? Looking at those, I'm excited.
I did get lucky. I went to my local glass supplier and asked if they had any Zimmerman laying around and what do you know, they did. A whole box of it. I found two kilo's of the Mountain Blue and snagged it at 50% off. No Z99 though. They threw in a bag of Z96 too. I haven't tried that yet either. Tomorrow I will be doing some experimenting.

Old 2012-04-10, 7:55am

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhana View Post
Is it powder or frit?
If it's frit would you mind posting a real clear pic?
I have a few kilos of a proprietary frit mix (big size, maybe 3)of theirs and I think over half of it is Z-971.
They wouldn't say exactly which colors were in it when I bought it :/
It's a great size for stringer or if you want to further process it.
I think I may need a frit smasher and a kick ass magnet. lol
It is size 2 frit. On the large side but I thought I could make stringer, or like you say smash it down. Wouldn't you know I just sold my frit crusher that I swore I would never use. I'll figure it out though. I wish I had written down the names of the other colors that they had. The only two that I know there has been talk about is the Z99 and this one. I wasn't sure if the others were anything special.

Old 2012-04-10, 7:58am

Thank you Angela. That is very nice of you. I will keep that in mind. I have a bit of Z99 frit that a friend gave me, and some powder but I'm not too fond of the powders. I really like the frit better. Are there any colors that you really like aside from these two? Also, some of the colors are enamel, and some are reducing enamels. Are the reduction enamels the ones to use with 104 like the Kuglar colors?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarthaMaria View Post
Hi,
I have enough of all colors of Zimmermann. If you want something you can send me an e-Mail,
Angela Liane

Old 2012-04-10, 7:59am

I'll let you know Tina. I already have dibs on some from a friend. We shop at the same store and share a lot LOL!

Old 2012-04-10, 10:06am

Check out this thread for some Zimmerman colors,
http://www.lampworketc.com/forums/sh...mmerman+colors . If the link doesn't work, just search LE for Zimmerman colors. I think the thread was called Zimmerman chat...

I used the powders a lot in addition to the other frit sizes; the beads above were made with z971 powder. Bluegrass green and dense white are my two other favorites besides z99, z850/z851.

Old 2012-04-10, 11:03am
><>

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverReflections View Post
Check out this thread for some Zimmerman colors,
http://www.lampworketc.com/forums/sh...mmerman+colors . If the link doesn't work, just search LE for Zimmerman colors. I think the thread was called Zimmerman chat...

I used the powders a lot in addition to the other frit sizes; the beads above were made with z971 powder. Bluegrass green and dense white are my two other favorites besides z99, z850/z851.
Tina thanks, I'm aware that thread.
I was just hoping to see what the run of Z-971 looks like that she has.
"In the whole world I have no twin, and my face is not me. I am someone under the skin others see only in glances."
"I can live with not being popular,but not with compromising my beliefs in order to fit in." jh
"Tolerance becomes a crime when applied to evil." Thomas Mann