Lampwork Etc.

AKDesign

LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Beads of Courage

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Library > The Dark Room

The Dark Room -- Photo Editing and Picture Taking. Advice, tutorials, questions on all things photoshop, photo editing, and taking pictures of beads or glass.

Old 2009-05-06, 5:23am
Just a bit DOOPY DOO DAH!

Default Panasonic Lumix DMC TZ7

I put a question out in the Dark Room about three cameras I had shortlisted for my budget.

My three shortlisted were the Lumix TZ5, Canon SX200 IS and a nikon (sorry can't remember the no for the Nikon.

Well the upshot is we were looking for the best deals and we had decided to hell with it if we were even considering the SX200 then we should consider the TZ7.

Well my exciting news is we bought the TZ7 and I can't wait to get it and finally show some nice bead piccies to everyone!

I can't wait, it was dispatched today so hopefully I'll have it in my hot little hands tomorrow!!!

It feels like we've done the right thing so I hope we can justify the extra money it cost. I just wanted to thank everyone for their help.

Fingers crossed.
Michelle
Old 2009-05-06, 7:07am
Cali4nia baby

Ohh good news ! I will keep an eye on this since I was researching that same camera ! Good luck can't wait to see what you can do ~
Old 2009-05-06, 7:36am

I'll keep you posted FairyVerre!
Michelle
Old 2009-05-09, 3:38am

Default Piccies from the new camera

Ist one is the close up and the second cropped - this is one stem of a forget me not and you know how small they are!!!

The following are close ups and cropped in Corel to show just the bead.......... this is aurae glass and transparent clear and another transparent that I cant remember what it was

I am so in love with this camera it is unreal what it is capable of and I haven't even read the manual at all yet.

For my budget this was BY FAR the BEST camera to have gone for and I can't recommend it enough!!!

Michelle
Old 2009-05-09, 4:39am

Strange how different applications make these pics look different, through firefox both flowers and both beads fit on one line, through IE7 they are all on their own lines. I prefer to surf through firefox now as it the whole internet experience is much crisper and better to look at. But it makes you wonder when something looks fab on your screen it can look a little different on someone else's. These images just don't look as crisp through IE7 as they do through firefox.

Michelle
Old 2009-05-09, 4:26pm
Cali4nia baby

Oh looks excellent ! Thanks for pix I will look for this camera then. Just 1 inquiry though, Is it over 8mp ?
Old 2009-05-09, 4:29pm
Cali4nia baby

My screen shows them all on their own line and I have firefox !?
Old 2009-05-10, 5:01am

ahh must be something to do with how I have set firefox....can't find where I did it now, will see if I can change IE7 to be the same as firefox too.

The camera is 10.1 MP 12 X Optical zoom and every imaginable feature available, High Definition video recording.... the list goes on....DH is really pleased with the photo quality too, especially a scenery one I took from our back door. Will try to upload that too, that was using the zoom to it's full extent and it is so crisp.
Michelle
Michelle
Old 2009-05-10, 5:15am

Default view from the back door

I had to reduce this so much to get it uploaded, not sure what it is going to look like.
Michelle
Old 2009-05-10, 5:17am

On my computer the trees in the background are really clear and you can see the branches, my brother was amazed at the quality this little camera took.
Michelle
Old 2009-05-14, 9:45am
HourGlass Studio

I have the TZ5 and really love it !

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.