Lampwork Etc.

TrueDesign

LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Jelveh Designs - Glass Beads Torched One-by-One

Glacial Art Glass

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > The Mall > Customer Service Kiosk

Customer Service Kiosk -- Questions for LE vendors.

Old 2008-12-19, 7:57pm

Default What is Perfect Customer Service?

I would like to know what makes perfect Customer Service. Please make comments about good and bad service, without mentioning the company by name. This would be great information to share.

mike frantz
frantz art glass

Frantz Art Glass Website:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

The Torch Website:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Mike's phone: 800.839.6712 ext 206
Old 2008-12-19, 8:23pm
Wahwahbabypants

-If you have an online presence your inventory is kept up to date. I don't want to place my order and pay for it only to find out after the fact that you don't actually have the product in stock.
-Store policies are easy to find and understand. But not so rigid in enforcing them that individual circumstances are not taken into consideration
-If you ship, excellent packaging
-polite and timely responses to inquiries
-mulitiple payment methods (ie if I don't like to use my credit card on line let me call in the number)
-as little VOICE MAIL as possible. A real life human being is so rare these days.
-don't promise something that won't/can't be delivered
-if you screw up say sorry...that goes a long way to appeasing people
Old 2008-12-19, 8:24pm
Button Queen

- Easy on-line ordering with tracking number provided
- on-line account so that I can look at current and past orders
- website has accurate inventory - so if I click on "Buy", it's in stock, or will immediately tell me it's not.
- Any issues are promptly resolved, either through email or phone call.
- Quick shipping
Old 2008-12-19, 8:32pm

Everything I'm listing is a plus, or something I look for in a vendor. We've had enough discussions about negatives.

An easily navigatable web site - preferably one that shows out of stock quantities.
A well-proofread site - spelling or grammatical errors everywhere look really, really bad, and can make me click elsewhere. I understand occassional errors.
Discounts for quantity purchases, or a good overall price.
Pictures of the glass are a plus.
A nice selection, of course.
Reasonable shipping fees.
Any extraneous fees clearly spelled out.
Payment options including PayPal and credit cards.
Well-packed product so it's not damaged on arrival.
Easy contact if needed - I prefer email to phones - for any questions or concerns.
Should there be an error, reasonable efforts to correct it in a polite fashion.

~:
:~
~:
:~ Nikki ~:

~:

"...living hopefully ever after..." -john lennon
Old 2008-12-19, 8:34pm
Critter Mom

Hi Mike ... I don't know about "perfect", don't think I really expect perfection but I would like my order or questions to be addressed promptly. If there's a problem with filling an order I'd like to know within 24 hours because sometimes it's an item I need ASAP. I don't really have the time nor do I want to re-order at a later date, so if something is out of stock I'd like the option of having it back-ordered if it's not something I need right away. I'd love it if website inventory was accurate so I wouldn't place an order only to find out that half of the items are not in stock. I always want to know what my total charges are going to be, within a few dollars anyway, before I place my order. If I receive my order and there's a problem with it it's important to me that the problem be addressed quickly. If it's an issue of an insured delivery that has been damaged I want full cooperation from my vendor (I do expect to supply evidence of damage) and reimbursement or replacement to be provided immediately. If I've been shipped the wrong item I don't expect to have to pay return postage, unless it was my error. When I order a "buy one - get one free" I want to understand what the "get one free" will be...I prefer that if I buy a pound of glass that's $10/per pound that I get my choice of another glass that is $10 or less per pound. If it's going to be buy a pound get a pound of the same thing, I'd sure like to know that up front. And of course it's always nice to feel like the company you do business with values you as a customer and understands that you've chosen to spend your hard earned cash on their merchandise. I have one company that I've been doing business with for almost 20 years and that's because they excel at customer service. I place small orders with others now and then to "test the waters" and recently found another company that also provides superior service. I never place large orders with unknown vendors.

Last edited by Puddy Tat Glass; 2008-12-19 at 8:37pm.
Old 2008-12-19, 9:30pm

Perfect service would be Paula/Reenie/Mike/Jon in Brisbane and me driving there. In the real world my top desires would be:\

1 with a bang! Overtly friendly helpful staff.

2. Accurate online real time stock control.
3. Fast easy to navigate site that is organised in a human mind friendly fashion.
4. Good packing for travel
5. Made a mistake? Take responsibility and fix the issue immediately in consultation with the customer. Find out what will make them happy.
6. cc/paypal/dd options
7. Cheapest shipping available/Most reliable shipping possible (customer chooses their shipping but please advise them of possible problems.)
8. Past purchase history.

That being said, all the vendors I have quoted have provided this to me everytime.

p.s. when our dollars are more on par, I WILL be back.

Sincerely
Kym
Old 2008-12-19, 9:45pm

Default More Comments Please

Please please please keep posting. Even if somebody already said what you wanted to post, please post it again.

mike frantz

The Torch Website:

Old 2008-12-19, 11:16pm
moth to the flame

I "borrowed" and expanded on Kym's post (nice one Kym)! Hope you don't mind.

1 with a bang! Overtly friendly helpful staff - and treat me the same whether I spend 50 or 500.00 please.

3. Fast easy to navigate site that is organised in a human mind friendly fashion.
5. Made a mistake? Take responsibility and fix the issue immediately in consultation with the customer. Find out what will make them happy.
6. cc/paypal/dd options
7. Cheapest shipping available/Most reliable shipping possible (customer chooses their shipping but please advise them of possible problems.)

I do have to mention to you Mike that the very first time I ever ordered from Frantz I called. The girl actually knew about the colors I asked about and even about the newest colors offered and she answered all my questions and was very sweet and helpful. That impressed me. So thank you for asking and caring.
To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
sorry to break your rule.
To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

May you always have love to share, health to spare, and friends that care.
Old 2008-12-19, 11:23pm
Formerly known as LT

Accurate real time stock posted on the site so it will not let me order something that is really not available. Any issues resolved quickly and without me having to jump through hoops to get it done.

Old 2008-12-19, 11:28pm
Know-it-all Megalomaniac

Honestly, for me it's 100% about COMMUNICATION.
I want prompt answers to all of my questions.
Nothing makes me crazier than someone not getting back
to me within a short time ("reasonable" time for me is a few hours
of my phone calls or emails).

I am willing to put up with a whole host of crap -
things on backorder, missing shipments, production problems, etc,
so long as people COMMUNICATE WITH ME.

So many vendors are afraid to tell customers "hey, we're out of
stock of this and won't get it in for a month". Fine with me,
I'll wait a month, so long as I get that phone call within a day
of placing my order. Telling me 29 days into my order that my stuff
is backordered is not acceptable.

Get your copy of the new Lampwork Etc. Tutorials and Tips Book

Old 2008-12-19, 11:58pm

No problem, that's exactly what I should have mentioned too.

Quote:
I "borrowed" and expanded on Kym's post (nice one Kym)! Hope you don't mind.

1 with a bang! Overtly friendly helpful staff - and treat me the same whether I spend 50 or 500.00 please.

6. cc/paypal/dd options

I do have to mention to you Mike that the very first time I ever ordered from Frantz I called. The girl actually knew about the colors I asked about and even about the newest colors offered and she answered all my questions and was very sweet and helpful. That impressed me. So thank you for asking and caring.
sorry to break your rule.
Old 2008-12-20, 12:04am
I need more boro stuff

Kym, you got the first sentence wrong.

They all should move to Sydney instead of Brisbane.

Old 2008-12-20, 4:33am

This isn't so much about customer service, but I really appreciate it when there are helpful photos of each item, especially tools. I hate it when I'm looking for possible things to add on to my order and I find something interesting but there is no picture.

Old 2008-12-20, 5:52am

Guys, I'm enjoying learning from this. My company is small and new, and sometimes overshadowed by my call at the hospital. These suggestions are wonderful for excellent customer service (and common sense).

I try to abide by the abovementioned suggestions that are within my control (chuckle - Etsy is soooo organized, hence my website index
) with one of several main goals as a vendor:

Make someone's day a little brighter when they receive their package.

The vendors that I return to seem to employ honesty, flexibility, common sense and a little humor to see that my needs as a customer are served.

Leslie
Frit Happens...
Old 2008-12-20, 7:33am

A presence beyond their website. Vendors posting in the forums is a great example. E-letters, etc. would be other examples.

Knowledgeable staff that will answer questions.

Going beyond simply picking the order and shipping it. Thinking. I love it when I get a phone call making sure I am ordering what I really want if something seems inconsistent. I have gotten that from two places, Frantz and OCR, and it made me feel like they were looking out for me.

Online, a well organized and easy to navigate site. One that is uncluttered and easy to read, with drill down capability to more detail if desired. If I get to a beautiful website, with a lot of aesthetic appeal, it makes me want to buy more.

Snacks.
Old 2008-12-20, 8:39am
Apparently Invisible

Communication. If someone lets me know what is going on, it heaps tons of forgiveness onto my impatience.

If you have a question about something I am asking about, wait until I get back to you to ship the item to me. Especially if I haven't actually ordered any. I once asked a vendor if they had any Black Pearl glass in the comments space (or maybe it was email) I was left a voicemail on my phone by them, letting me know the glass they were sending was boro, not soft glass, and not compatible with what else I was buying. It still is the only boro I own. "Someday" I will use it.
They sent it to me and charged me $50.00 for it, and I never actually ordered it, to my remembrance. Luckily, I had the money to cover it. A mistake like that could cost me dearly, in bank charges. I got over the hump, but I must say it caused inconvenience in my life from an unexpected 50 missing from my bank account. I work, and do not always get to answer my phone during working hours.I would have liked to have been able to discuss it with the vendor, and decline. II know they were:a) trying to be nice and fill my order and 2) trying to get my glass to me quickly. I ordered again after that-and will continue to do so. THEIR REPUTATION also was a deciding factor in ordering again, to me your good name is still worth everything, as far as sales and service go. I never contacted the vendor, since returns are such a hassle, and it was done in good faith, I am positive. But you asked our opinions, and since you asked....

If you are wrong, fess up. Everyone makes mistakes, and seeing thru a lame excuse is easy for most people. Just because I do not tell you I know better than what you are telling me, doesn't mean I am falling for it. I do not find it necessary to confront in all situations at all times. I choose my battles these days, and if there is no useful purpose to be gained, I will not engage. While I am on this subject, please do not blame me, or any other customer, for something.... if it is my fault, I surely know it, at least 99% of the time. Telling me so is not the way to win friends and influence people. If you think talking about other customers bad issues is, it isn't either. After all, if you tell me about so-and-so, then what are you saying about me to them? Unless you are warning me about something I need to know about them, or if you need some type favor from me to help you with them.....(yes, this has happened, and no, I was not upset about it. I was happy to help.)

Be polite! These days, it really stands out! I know it is hard sometimes, I was in the restaurant biz 20 years.....but I know customer service as a result. I always had call customers too. I have been from the bottom to the top (if you can call management top, I went back to waitressing & bartending, for more money less time,lol!)

Treat the customers the same, whether it is a small or a large order. You never know, that person could hit the lottery, get immensely famous, or somehow otherwise be able to impact your business. How about the banker who does lampwork on the side? Or the future employer of one of your best friends, or relatives? How about because it is the right thing to do? What a concept. It doesn't feel good to be the small guy, the one with 'only' a 60.00 or 80.00 more or less order, to be talked about as if your money doesn't matter. Of course, this is coming from someone who still picks up pennies I see, because they add up.....

There IS the rule of commerce that the more you spend, the bigger the discount. I do believe that still applies, it is certainly best practice. But that is entirely different than what I am talking about above.

Please do forgive the long post.
I am rather wordy at times, ask anyone who knows me personally. Ask me what time it is, I will tell you how to build a clock,lol!

Old 2008-12-20, 8:48am

You know, Mike, I think most of it can be summed up in just a few words. I love to deal with a company who CARES. They care for each and every customer - new or old, large or small - and gives them the best service they can (although it may not always be perfect).

"It is easier to perceive error than to find truth, for the former lies on the surface and is easily seen, while the latter lies in the depth, where few are willing to search for it." Johann Wolfgang Von Goeth

My Blog
Old 2008-12-20, 8:52am
Mary Lockwood

The most important part of customer service to me is communication.

If we have an issue...please talk to me about it. Don't keep me wondering for DAYS about what will happen.

Good communication involves:

Up to date website (communicates to me that you are 'in touch')

Easy way to order (communicates to me you appreciate my business and want to make it easy for me to shop with you)

Best case scenario would be a website ordering system that lets me know when something is out of stock, but a fast follow up phone call when I've ordered something unavailable is the next best thing. Sometimes I order a lot of things from one place because I want ONE specific thing and figure I'll get it all at once and be done with it. When the one specific thing is out of stock, I've ordered all the rest for nothing and still have to pay another company an extra shipping charge to get what I actually needed. Any way to avoid this is A1 to me. Again...communication.

Order tracking and confirmation emails. I want to know when my order was shipped, and I want to be able to know when it will be here. This too falls under communication.

For glass vendors specifically- clean glass. There are lots of vendors who sell pristine sparkly glass with labels on every rod for the same price as dirty unmarked glass. Why in the world would I buy the dirty stuff if the clean stuff is the same price? I don't mind washing glass, but all that filth on the rods forms more scratches as the glass vibrates together in transit. If it has to come all the way across the country...it is significant.

Now that I have more than one coe in my shop, I label all my rods. It saves me a lot of time not to have to do that. I would buy unmarked glass if it were cheaper...but I need an incentive. I at least like to have one rod marked in a bundle, then I can just keep them banded together and know what I'm using. That doesn't have so much to do with communication, it is just an extra service that I appreciate very much. Not necessary...just nice.

I don't expect every transaction with every vendor to be perfect. My own customer service isn't perfect either. I try really hard, but nobody is perfect. However, good communication can heal a lot of wounds. It fixes just about anything. A willingness and openness to make right. That's all I need.

~~Mary

Old 2008-12-20, 9:31am
Roo ...

Quote:
Accurate real time stock posted on the site so it will not let me order something that is really not available.
Yes, yes, yes !! I don't even order from sites that don't have real-time inventory. I'll have to be really desperate. Nothing like finding out you have to place another order somewhere else and pay another minimum shipping fee!

Regards,
- Beck in MN

Old 2008-12-20, 10:05am

I agree with the real time stock being important
Also communication
another is the shipping cost and
Please tell me why you can't ship to a po box?
Old 2008-12-20, 12:21pm
Shelarious

Communication, I can put up with just about anything if someone is talking to me about it.
Honesty. If there's a goof, I might already even know it, and humility will go along way in maintaining customer loyalty.
Respect, in language and attitude.

Old 2008-12-20, 12:37pm

Communication is key.
Good packaging is essential...lol have you seen how some packages get drop kicked around??
Friendly staff knowledge of products carried by the company.
Willingness to resolve a problem, and not play the blame game.
Fair treatment to all customers. (one day that small customer might be someone)
Prompt billing, discounts given as sited in sale ad, mainly truth in advertising.
Payment options cc,Pay Pal etc.

I am new to this but have place more than a few orders, all but one has been just terrific. Even the one that the emailed order was lost over night. I called the next day and was able to place it over the phone. The lady who helped me was terrific, and I sent a note to the owners to let them know it was exceptional customer service and how much I appreciated it. I even got freebies and candy was in the packaging too!
It was my 1st order and will not be the last with that glass company!

Thanks for asking Mike, this can only help all vendors in their customer service activities.

Lois
Old 2008-12-20, 12:55pm

a.)Communication.
b.)State the back order out of stock policy if there is any inventory control issues.
c.)Recognize that just as the internet is a tool for business it is also a tool for networking. If word gets out that you think some customers are more special than others, it may not go over well. (Obviously volume customers will be special. As such I think the perks/discounts should be listed if they exist.) Same with playing a blame game, when discussed on forums people form opinions.

I'm sure there are others but for me that is it for customer service which I tend to think of as after the purchase issues.

Prior to the purchase or during, ease of website navigation, helpful employees when the order is being placed, etc. Would be important too.

Last edited by Just Nancy; 2008-12-20 at 12:58pm.
Old 2008-12-20, 2:04pm

What everyone else said!

Mike, I also think that great customer service includes what I'm sure is your reason in starting this thread... to help improve things or keep it all on the right track! I think it's awesome that you care that much about your customers! Kudos to you!

Old 2008-12-20, 2:32pm
The Crazy One

Ummm Perfect Customer Service...

I want a web site that doesn't bombard me with color text. One that I can increase ALL of the text size as I'm nearly blind at times! But take that for what its worth: I don't order off websites, I want a real person on the phone, I want to know if its in stock now.

I don't want to be put on hold and listen to a loop of how wonderful the company is over and over. If your that damn great put me through so I can free up your phone line for others. I also would like a "local" number in addition to your toll free number as I have unlimited long distance and it makes ME feel good knowing a company isn't having to pay needlessly for my call.

Packaging. Ummmm don't send my 70 pounds of glass in this:

Less than 5 cents worth of additional tape would have prevented me from throwing up and chasing peanuts all over the yard for over an hour. But don't OVER package either! Fine line from the crazy one, I know... I ordered silver leaf, it came in its own packaging stuffed into another envelope covered in cardboard shoved into a baggie shoved into a flat rate envelope. Ummm the cardboard would have been enough with the shipping envelope! What a waste of money on the suppliers part!

I want a fair shipping price. Yes, I realize that there are many costs for packing supplies and yes I know an employee must be paid to pack my crap, but damn it some shipping charges are ridiculousness! All I ask is a choice and I do know that some items can be thrown in a free priority box with minimum packaging. I hate waste in packaging, ya think?

I want a friendly person on the phone, if they have a sense of humor all the better! I do give good phone... I also appreciate a person who's knowledgeable, but I do understand that it takes time for non glassy people to learn so I'm patient with them as well.

Freebies are kwell, but not necessary for me. They cost the supplier and I would rather they just save the money. I understand that they are an incentive for others, but damn it when I say don't send um, don't! Its OK Mike I did dump that freebie glass (I don't do odd lots! Well, besides My Beloved Translucent Yellow!) you sent to me on someone who would appreciated it.

I don't want a flipping printed catalog. Please save a tree and your money.

I want my account under loco. I don't give a flying rats butt that my payment method is in my DH's name. The only thing he has ever ordered was my first torch setup! Let me say that again, Mike are you listening, I want my account under loco!

I like having the option of having my rods cut in half, rather than thirds that most people use. I don't want any labels, they just cause fires on my workbench when I forget to rip them off. Entertaining for me, but it freeks out other people when their around.

Great Communication. Nuff said.

Fair pricing and sales are good. I don't order glass often as I trade for it a LOT, but when I have to buy I want a good price.

In all reality I've only had poor customer service from one company and they weren't even the ones who sent the above boxes. But then again the only glass they carry now is clear boro.

Old 2008-12-20, 3:35pm

Default ru loco?

Quote:

I want a web site that doesn't bombard me with color text. One that I can increase ALL of the text size as I'm nearly blind at times!Get glasses! But take that for what its worth: I don't order off websites, I want a real person on the phone, I am your man, I give good phone.I want to know if its in stock now.

I don't want to be put on hold and listen to a loop of how wonderful the company is over and over. Come on, does anybody really have a loop saying "we are the champions?"If your that damn great put me through so I can free up your phone line for others.We just might put in the "LOCO DIRECT LINE" just reserved for you. I also would like a "local" number in addition to your toll free number as I have unlimited long distance and it makes ME feel good knowing a company isn't having to pay needlessly for my call. I think you can call us direct at 360.4266712 or a 1.800 839 6712.

Packaging. Ummmm don't send my 70 pounds of glass in this:

Less than 5 cents worth of additional tape would have prevented me from throwing up and chasing peanuts all over the yard for over an hour. But don't OVER package either! Fine line from the crazy one, I agree.......
I know... I ordered silver leaf, it came in its own packaging stuffed into another envelope covered in cardboard shoved into a baggie shoved into a flat rate envelope.We have had many a foil pack tossed into the trash because it floated with the peanuts, and the cardboard protects it and the baggy keeps it all together, a small price to pay..... Ummm the cardboard would have been enough with the shipping envelope! What a waste of money on the suppliers part!We cut up old boxes for the foil protectors and the baggies come from my cheese sandwhiches I bring to work each day.

I want a fair shipping price. Yes, I realize that there are many costs for packing supplies and yes I know an employee must be paid to pack my crap, but damn it some shipping charges are ridiculousness! I have no comment there, but sometimes a person gives a good price and socks it to you on shipping. I remember bidding for the first time on Ebay and found an italian glass for only $10 which is a great price, then saw there was a $29 packing shipping charge, that is where they made their money.All I ask is a choice and I do know that some items can be thrown in a free priority box with minimum packaging. I hate waste in packaging, ya think?
I love shipping Loco peanuts, and yes, I know Loco is a control FREAK, after having her pack my boxes from Glass Stock, but a great job, thanks.

I want a friendly person on the phone, if they have a sense of humor all the better! I do give good phone... I also appreciate a person who's knowledgeable, but I do understand that it takes time for non glassy people to learn so I'm patient with them as well. It would be nice if each sales person was a beadmaker.

Freebies are kwell, but not necessary for me. They cost the supplier and I would rather they just save the money.We could have a little box that you mark that keeps us from giving you candy and credits your invoice for $.07. I understand that they are an incentive for others, but damn it when I say don't send um, don't! Its OK Mike I did dump that freebie glass (I don't do odd lots! Well, besides My Beloved Translucent Yellow!) you sent to me on someone who would appreciated it.

I don't want a flipping printed catalog. A thing of the past at Frantz Art Glass.Please save a tree and your money.

I want my account under loco. I don't give a flying rats butt that my payment method is in my DH's name. The only thing he has ever ordered was my first torch setup! Let me say that again, Mike are you listening, I want my account under loco!
I think for about $5,000 I can have somebody do some custom programming, but I rather take that 5k and buys lots of hard candy to send to my customers.
I like having the option of having my rods cut in half, rather than thirds that most people use. We do offer that, but it can delay your order by a day.I don't want any labels, Well if you place an order on the web there is a place for comments and you can tell us to keep the label, or on the phone you can ask and we will do our best.they just cause fires on my workbench when I forget to rip them off.But it is just a small fire..... Entertaining for me, but it freeks out other people when their around.

Fair pricing and sales are good. I don't order glass often as I trade for it a LOT, but when I have to buy I want a good price.

In all reality I've only had poor customer service from one company and they weren't even the ones who sent the above boxes. But then again the only glass they carry now is clear boro.

Have a nice day.

The Torch Website:

Old 2008-12-20, 4:33pm

I just want a company that will treat me respectfully no matter if a problem with the order was my screw up or theirs. I grew up in a small family owned business, a grocery store. One Christmas Day my Dad got a call that someone's turkey was spoiled. Mom packed up our turkey and took it to the customer and we went out to eat. He didn't question whether or not the customer had done something wrong. He just provided the solution.

I'm not saying that the vendor should bend to the customer to the detriment of their business, but something has been lost from the days of treating everyone with courtesy, even when they may be irritating you as a vendor. Customer service is one of the toughest things to get right in my opinion, but if you do you will have loyal customers for life.
Old 2008-12-20, 4:54pm
Melting

Mine:

I like knowledgeable, friendly cs reps on the rare occasions I actually call.
I want lightening fast communication (preferably email) - I am very impatient! I want my answer as soon as I ask the question.
Related to that, I want my stuff shipped quickly. Preferably the same day, but the next is also acceptable. After all, I am on the east coast and most glass stuff is on the west, so I have to wait an entire week just in shipping time.
I like most of the stuff I order to be in stock (or at least stated on the site that it is out so I know when I order). If I am ordering 30 different colors then I understand if a few are out; but it needs to be a reasonable amount.
Finally, don't make your screw-up even more of a hassle for me. For instance, if you sent the wrong glass, don't make me go through the trouble of repackaging, labeling, and shipping the package, to get the glass sent back. Let me keep it. That way it doesn't cost me even more hassle and I get a little bonus for the inconvenience. I understand this is unreasonable depending on the mistake, but most of what I order would cost more to ship back than to write off.

But, these are pointless in mentioning because Frantz has been wonderful and I have been very satisfied with all my orders!

~
~
~

SRA Member #E20
Old 2008-12-20, 5:05pm
Disconnected

Forget you have a life and answer my email within 5 minutes. I don't care if it's Sunday or Labor Day

No, seriously, if there is a way of avoiding peanuts, I'm all for it. I don't care if my glass rods are broken (it's glass, it melts!!) but I don't know what to do with those huge bags of obnoxious peanuts. So, a green packaging option is a big plus for me

Old 2008-12-20, 5:51pm
The Crazy One

I want a web site that doesn't bombard me with color text. One that I can increase ALL of the text size as I'm nearly blind at times! Get glasses! I'm working on it. But take that for what its worth: I don't order off websites, I want a real person on the phone, I am your man, I give good phone. Ohhhh I know you do! I want to know if its in stock now.

I don't want to be put on hold and listen to a loop of how wonderful the company is over and over. Come on, does anybody really have a loop saying "we are the champions?" Some company I called recently did! Thankfull Frantz does not…If your that damn great put me through so I can free up your phone line for others. We just might put in the "LOCO DIRECT LINE" just reserved for you. Not necessary as you have a non toll free number, I always check web sites looking for them! I also would like a "local" number in addition to your toll free number as I have unlimited long distance and it makes ME feel good knowing a company isn't having to pay needlessly for my call. I think you can call us direct at 360.4266712 or a 1.800 839 6712. You are correct. I always hassle, ummm call you on the 360 number.

Packaging. Ummmm don't send my 70 pounds of glass in thisNote: This glass was not purchased from Frantz.:

Less than 5 cents worth of additional tape would have prevented me from throwing up and chasing peanuts all over the yard for over an hour. But don't OVER package either! Fine line from the crazy one, I agree.......
I don’t know anyone who doesn’t! I know... I ordered silver leaf, it came in its own packaging stuffed into another envelope covered in cardboard shoved into a baggie shoved into a flat rate envelope. We have had many a foil pack tossed into the trash because it floated with the peanuts, and the cardboard protects it and the baggy keeps it all together, a small price to pay..... OK if you say so, but this was from a different company, sorry they had a much better price. But were not nearly as fun as everyone at your place is. Ummm the cardboard would have been enough with the shipping envelope! What a waste of money on the suppliers part! We cut up old boxes for the foil protectors and the baggies come from my cheese sandwhiches I bring to work each day. Crap! The cheese smell would have been worth the cost, should have ordered from you!

I want a fair shipping price. Yes, I realize that there are many costs for packing supplies and yes I know an employee must be paid to pack my crap, but damn it some shipping charges are ridiculousness! I have no comment there, but sometimes a person gives a good price and socks it to you on shipping. I remember bidding for the first time on Ebay and found an italian glass for only $10 which is a great price, then saw there was a $29 packing shipping charge, that is where they made their money. I will admit to asking places I haven’t ordered from what the shipping charge is. Oh and I have told some companies “Never mind” due to their shipping charges. All I ask is a choice and I do know that some items can be thrown in a free priority box with minimum packaging. I hate waste in packaging, ya think?
I love shipping Loco peanuts, and yes, I know Loco is a control FREAK, after having her pack my boxes from Glass Stock, but a great job, thanks. I LOVE packing peanuts, but not the water soluble ones they compress to much in shipping and don’t protect well enough IMHO. Control freek… More of an efficiency freek!

I want a friendly person on the phone, if they have a sense of humor all the better! I do give good phone... I also appreciate a person who's knowledgeable, but I do understand that it takes time for non glassy people to learn so I'm patient with them as well. It would be nice if each sales person was a beadmaker. You can’t always have it all.

Freebies are kwell, but not necessary for me. They cost the supplier and I would rather they just save the money. We could have a little box that you mark that keeps us from giving you candy and credits your invoice for $.07. Bwhahaha I would pay that $.07, but how much would you charge me to have YOUR person check that box? I understand that they are an incentive for others, but damn it when I say don't send um, don't! Its OK Mike I did dump that freebie glass (I don't do odd lots! Well, besides My Beloved Translucent Yellow!) you sent to me on someone who would appreciated it.

I don't want a flipping printed catalog. A thing of the past at Frantz Art Glass. Thank you!!! Please save a tree and your money.

I think for about $5,000 I can have somebody do some custom programming, but I rather take that 5k and buys lots of hard candy to send to my customers. Are you saying I’m not worth the $5,000? WAIT don’t answer that! I’ll just keep harassing the unlucky person who answers the phone at Frantz when I call.
I like having the option of having my rods cut in half, rather than thirds that most people use. We do offer that, but it can delay your order by a day. I know and I appreciate it, for me its worth an extra few days wait! I don't want any labels, Well if you place an order on the web there is a place for comments and you can tell us to keep the label, or on the phone you can ask and we will do our best. Shy, I’m not and I do ask. Does that make me pushy? I hope not they just cause fires on my workbench when I forget to rip them off. But it is just a small fire..... I don’t mind the fires, actually I enjoy them. What I don’t like is other people freeking out, they startle me when they yell. Why do they yell, it’s only fire? Entertaining for me, but it freeks out other people when their around.

Have a nice day.

Thank you, I am and you do the same.