Lampwork Etc.

Send a PM to CorriDawn!

LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Jelveh Designs - Glass Beads Torched One-by-One

Beads of Courage

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > The Mall > Customer Service Kiosk

Customer Service Kiosk -- Questions for LE vendors.

Old 2009-01-05, 7:41pm

Default Color me IMPRESSED...with FRANTZ!

So....Mike kinda teased me a while back, 'cause I had never broken down & ordered from Frantz (yeah, I know....pathetic, huh?)...and this last sale with the free shipping the last week of December finally proved too much for me to resist...I broke down & did it!
I placed a little order. Actually, the same size order I usually place--I order glass maybe 5 times a year if I'm lucky, and it's rarely more than $80, usually closer to $60.

What can I say? I'm completely THRILLED.
Not only did my glass come PERFECTLY packed, but I ONLY ordered stuff that was on sale for 35% off, the shipping was FREE, there was CANDY in the box, every single rod was in PRISTINE condition, there was a wonderful FREE sampler of 9 colors of "odds" as a bonus for ordering (more extra glass!) plus another giveaway of a quarter pound of glass too.

Oh & the one out of stock was taken care of within 24 hours of me placing the order--so there wasn't a moments delay there either.
To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

I have to confess, I got JUST AS GREAT SERVICE FROM *THIS* "BIG" VENDOR AS I USUALLY GET FROM THE LITTLE VENDORS!

color me happy, impressed & thrilled!

Thanks Mikey & please extend my thanks to your staff as well
To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

~luna/lyn

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

new purple cricket @ home! minicc @ playing with fire in rockland! Sue & Nikki fighting over who gets to anneal the wonkies
Old 2009-01-05, 7:43pm

Mike's good - his service, packing, great pricing, and the updated site kept tempting me back last year.

(And now I don't need to send you my second 9 rod Oddly Odd sampler. Whew. Maybe I'll actually MELT it.)

~:
:~
~:
:~ Nikki ~:

~:

"...living hopefully ever after..." -john lennon
Old 2009-01-05, 7:48pm

I'm gonna try nipping some of mine off & melting it like millie chips! (don't some of those colors look like millie rods?)

new purple cricket @ home! minicc @ playing with fire in rockland! Sue & Nikki fighting over who gets to anneal the wonkies
Old 2009-01-05, 8:59pm

That is great to hear! Many of us forget to "pat people on the back" when things go great, including me. We have ordered from Mike several times, and EVERY TIME ... everything goes as it should, comes as expected, and in a timely fashion.

*Pats Mike on the back*

Old 2009-01-05, 9:39pm

Default Thank You!

Quote:
So....Mike kinda teased me a while back, 'cause I had never broken down & ordered from Frantz (yeah, I know....pathetic, huh?)...and this last sale with the free shipping the last week of December finally proved too much for me to resist...I broke down & did it!
I placed a little order. Actually, the same size order I usually place--I order glass maybe 5 times a year if I'm lucky, and it's rarely more than $80, usually closer to $60.

What can I say? I'm completely THRILLED.
Not only did my glass come PERFECTLY packed, but I ONLY ordered stuff that was on sale for 35% off, the shipping was FREE, there was CANDY in the box, every single rod was in PRISTINE condition, there was a wonderful FREE sampler of 9 colors of "odds" as a bonus for ordering (more extra glass!) plus another giveaway of a quarter pound of glass too.

Oh & the one out of stock was taken care of within 24 hours of me placing the order--so there wasn't a moments delay there either.

I have to confess, I got JUST AS GREAT SERVICE FROM *THIS* "BIG" VENDOR AS I USUALLY GET FROM THE LITTLE VENDORS!

color me happy, impressed & thrilled!

Thanks Mikey & please extend my thanks to your staff as well

~luna/lyn
This thread makes me happy! Your comments and the others makes me feel good. I deleted my original response cause it was too long and told you way to much and sometimes I get picked on for speaking my mind!

Smaller sellers can provide that special care that sometimes the big boys can not, but we are trying and I have heard your comments about customer service and it will be used in my next company meeting.

When it comes down to it, we all have the same glass, and our prices are all about the same, but it is customer service that separates the good from the bad and we want to be the BEST! Thanks for your support, especially now, when times are hard, the future uncertain, but I think the future looks bright and Frantz will be there to give you what you want and that is what it is all about.

Thanks

Mike Frantz

Frantz Art Glass Website:

The Torch Website:

Mike's phone: 800.839.6712 ext 206
Old 2009-01-06, 9:24pm

What Luna said x1.5... I got my first order on 12/30 and was so impressed that I put in a second order the next day (I haven't gotten the second order yet so that's what makes it "1.5"...lol)! The only difference being that I did not get any candy... oh well, I don't need candy... I need glass!

Old 2009-01-06, 11:28pm
Melting

Quote:
Mike's good - his service, packing, great pricing, and the updated site kept tempting me back last year.

(And now I don't need to send you my second 9 rod Oddly Odd sampler. Whew. Maybe I'll actually MELT it.)
Hehehe - so you have two of those also?

I totally agree - Frantz is FANTASTIC!! Not only is all the above true, but the one time I had an issue, it was resolved quickly, completely, and wonderfully! I couldn't be happier that I found such a great place to order from.

~
~
~

SRA Member #E20
Old 2009-01-07, 5:24am
BeadsonCypress

How come I never get candy?? EVER!

7+ years and growing - Mini-CC and O2 generator
Old 2009-01-07, 6:07am

I order the majority of my glass from Mike. I've always gotten good service. I get what I ask for, when I need it. I used to do all my orders by phone because the old web system sucked. It is so much better now, but I miss talking to the folks on the phone. Nice people. At some point I will make a trip and walk in the door and put faces with the voices.
But, I ordered for a long time without knowing about candy in the box. I'd dive in and retrieve my glass and goodies and that was that. When it was mentioned, I went back to the boxes, low and behold, buried treasure. Of course it had been there too long to try it, but I had missed the treasure. Now I search all through the contents of my boxes. You never know what might be lurking in that popcorn. Fun. Fun.
Mike does make this a pleasant experience.
Joan
Old 2009-01-07, 6:34am

Quote:
How come I never get candy?? EVER!
I never did either but I quit ordering years ago. I assume before the candy.

Maybe it will be in your next order.
Old 2009-01-07, 9:13am
Apparently Invisible

You have to 'treasure hunt' for the candy. It isn't easy, you have to look in and through .... THE PEANUTS!

Old 2009-01-07, 9:25am

Quote:
Hehehe - so you have two of those also?
Mike had some quite tempting deals going at the end of last year...
But I probably won't use them... Because I don't have much of each color... I'm weird like that. If I don't have much of something, I just walk past and pet it, and sometimes clean it to see it sparkle.

~:
~:

~:

Old 2009-01-07, 10:25am

Quote:
But I probably won't use them... Because I don't have much of each color... I'm weird like that. If I don't have much of something, I just walk past and pet it, and sometimes clean it to see it sparkle.
I do the same! When I had an area walk in store if I didn't have a pound plus I didn't use the color.

Doesn't everyone always search a box just in case something else is in there? I always figure there might be something I need in the peanuts.
Old 2009-01-07, 4:21pm

I always search for candy.
If it's a rarish color, I look at it and don't use it unless it's for a special order. Sheryll tried so hard to teach me the concept of "If it's paid for USE IT!" but I don't always listen.

~:
~:

~:

Old 2009-01-07, 4:52pm

Yes dig thru those sticky peanuts! They hides wonderful little treats! I got my order today and Mike it was in beautiful pristine shape. Thank You!
Jen
Old 2009-01-08, 7:25am
Melting

Quote:
Mike had some quite tempting deals going at the end of last year...
I understand! In fact, I liked some of the oddly odd colors so much that I ordered some of them so that I could actually try them. It just seems like such a shame to use a color when you only have a rod of it - I mean, once you melt it, it's gone!

~
~
~

SRA Member #E20
Old 2009-01-08, 9:11am

Default Yes of Course

Quote:
I understand! In fact, I liked some of the oddly odd colors so much that I ordered some of them so that I could actually try them. It just seems like such a shame to use a color when you only have a rod of it - I mean, once you melt it, it's gone!
Then the free samples worked!

mikey

The Torch Website:

Old 2009-01-08, 9:24am
Queen Of the Kitty Parade

I order there a good bit. I love the service and the free goodies!!!! And when I get confused and order the same thing twice.......I always get an email from them to clarify the order which I think is above and beyond!!!!!!

As a matter of fact, let me tell this story......
The very first glass order I ever gave to them was the first time I ever ordered glass. (like 11 years ago) Iordered 797.00 in glass. Needless to say when it came in it was all hugh rods and boro glass. I called and asked why it wouldnt burn. I had ordered the wrong kind. They took back every piece and pointed me in the right direction.......AND OMG WHAT A BUNCH OF GLASS I GOT!!!!!!!!!! I think of that all the time and how impressed I was when they helped me on the phone for like 2 hours. Telling me colors and the difference in glass and the effects....
THEY ARE FANTASTIC TO DEAL WITH!!!!!!!!

Mike I dont know if you knew that...cause it was your staff that helped me but I really do hold a great respect for a company that just wont sell ya anything!!!!!!!!

CUDOS!!!!!!
Old 2009-01-08, 10:31am
aka Spawn Of Flame

There are people with good and bad experiences with almost every vendor. I am happy for you all that have had good experiences.

--
--
--

Old 2009-01-08, 11:05am

Default WOW GREAT!

Quote:
I order there a good bit. I love the service and the free goodies!!!! And when I get confused and order the same thing twice.......I always get an email from them to clarify the order which I think is above and beyond!!!!!!

As a matter of fact, let me tell this story......
The very first glass order I ever gave to them was the first time I ever ordered glass. (like 11 years ago) Iordered 797.00 in glass. Needless to say when it came in it was all hugh rods and boro glass. I called and asked why it wouldnt burn. I had ordered the wrong kind. They took back every piece and pointed me in the right direction.......AND OMG WHAT A BUNCH OF GLASS I GOT!!!!!!!!!! I think of that all the time and how impressed I was when they helped me on the phone for like 2 hours. Telling me colors and the difference in glass and the effects....
THEY ARE FANTASTIC TO DEAL WITH!!!!!!!!

Mike I dont know if you knew that...cause it was your staff that helped me but I really do hold a great respect for a company that just wont sell ya anything!!!!!!!!

CUDOS!!!!!!
Yea, everyone makes mistakes, not just vendors and it is up to everyone to work through the problems in a peaceful manner, it makes life so much easier.

I got an email from a customer, not complaining, but telling me how an international shipment ended up with some broken glass. They sent me photos and gave me explanations of how it was packed and I will use that information to see if we can learn a bit from that order. It does seem that most of the broken glass was Vetrofond Odd, which as you know is a bit shocky and prone to breaking, but still a bit better packing might have kept that from happening. Of course this was one of those postal boxes which we hate to use because it leaves little room for packing material, but provides the customer with cheaper shipping.

I continue to have my friends/competitors continue to tell me how they can put 20 pounds of glass in a USPS mailer. I guess it can be done as long as they do not drop,kick, roll, toss or target shoot at my boxes.

I always want to hear about the GOOD, the BAD, and the UGLY, when it comes to our prices, our products, our packing, and how the customer service is when ordering from Frantz Art Glass.

Mikey

The Torch Website:

Old 2009-01-08, 11:16am
I'm a lilac!

I've been ordering from Frantz for around 14 years I think? Something like that... and the ONLY issue I ever had was something getting mixed up my tiny little first order, and they promptly shipped the correct glass and let me keep the mis-ship... no doubt eating up their whole profit from that order, but gaining them a loyal customer for life!

I don't order a ton of glass, my orders aren't huge, but they have ALWAYS treated me well, and they get my glass to me fast and in once piece, with very few backorders (and they always call me about backorders, if there are any, which gives me a chance to order a substitute color or hold off on my order if need be).

Old 2009-01-08, 3:49pm

Default Kalera The Angel

Quote:
I've been ordering from Frantz for around 14 years I think? Something like that... and the ONLY issue I ever had was something getting mixed up my tiny little first order, and they promptly shipped the correct glass and let me keep the mis-ship... no doubt eating up their whole profit from that order, but gaining them a loyal customer for life!

I don't order a ton of glass, my orders aren't huge, but they have ALWAYS treated me well, and they get my glass to me fast and in once piece, with very few backorders (and they always call me about backorders, if there are any, which gives me a chance to order a substitute color or hold off on my order if need be).
Dear Kalera, such kind words.....14 years? Have I been selling glass that long? You really need to take one of my tours of Effetre! Thanks for the kind words, you are a sweetie, no matter what others might say

mikey

The Torch Website:

Old 2009-01-08, 4:39pm

Mike,

I'm like Kalera - I've been a relatively small but steady customer for 14 yrs, also (yes, it's been that long!). It's been rewarding to watch your business grow. While I've always enjoyed good service from your company, I'd like you to know that, over the past two years in particular, your staff has been especially good. I do most of my orders over the phone, but whether by phone or by e-mail, I have been exceptionally well treated. Responses to my questions are always prompt, professional, and extremely friendly. Your staff does a superb job getting my orders out quickly and resolving any minor problems I might have. They do you proud.

Thanks for such great service!

Linda
Old 2009-01-08, 6:24pm

Default thank you

Quote:
Mike,

I'm like Kalera - I've been a relatively small but steady customer for 14 yrs, also (yes, it's been that long!). It's been rewarding to watch your business grow. While I've always enjoyed good service from your company, I'd like you to know that, over the past two years in particular, your staff has been especially good. I do most of my orders over the phone, but whether by phone or by e-mail, I have been exceptionally well treated. Responses to my questions are always prompt, professional, and extremely friendly. Your staff does a superb job getting my orders out quickly and resolving any minor problems I might have. They do you proud.

Thanks for such great service!

Linda
It has taken us (employees and owners of Frantz) a very long time to pull it together with great customer service, sure we have sucky peanuts, and yes we make you fish around for the candy, and those darn limits on colors so that every body can get some, but the one thing I am really proud of is not attacking my customers when I have been accused of doing something naughty and knowing that I did not do a naughty act and just rely on my other 99.99% of customers to ignore lies and defamation brought on by others. WOW, wonder what kind of response this might solicit?

Seriously I love all of you, even the evil ones.

mikey

The Torch Website:

Old 2009-01-08, 9:43pm
I'm a lilac!

Quote:
Dear Kalera, such kind words.....14 years? Have I been selling glass that long? You really need to take one of my tours of Effetre! Thanks for the kind words, you are a sweetie, no matter what others might say

mikey

Old 2009-01-15, 3:26pm
jessica barksdale

i just ordered from frantz for the first time & holy cow am i impressed. my order was a measly $20 (i got two packs of boro dichro stringers that were on sale, a good deal that i could not pass up) but was still shipped out incredibly quickly & packed beautifully. i can't wait to play with these dichro stringers & order from frantz again! thank you!

jes
i make stuff & also things.

|
Old 2009-01-16, 6:24pm

I gotta share this...had to laugh about the "hidden treasure" bit. Years ago in checking out a package...I found what looked like a piece of equipment lol...so I took the time to send it back to the company. Not gonna tell ya what it was, but I got a 6 months supply just for taking the time to send it back!! Made me happ to say the very least-

Oh yeah, I too got wonderful service from Frantz on my first and only (so far ) order...and candy as well. Their customer service was terrific, was packaged well and arrived in perfect condition.

Thank you Mike and all!! (high five all around lol)
Old 2009-01-17, 8:33pm

Default Um?

Quote:
I gotta share this...had to laugh about the "hidden treasure" bit. Years ago in checking out a package...I found what looked like a piece of equipment lol...so I took the time to send it back to the company. Not gonna tell ya what it was, but I got a 6 months supply just for taking the time to send it back!! Made me happ to say the very least-

Oh yeah, I too got wonderful service from Frantz on my first and only (so far ) order...and candy as well. Their customer service was terrific, was packaged well and arrived in perfect condition.

Thank you Mike and all!! (high five all around lol)
Now you have me wondering what I dropped in the box.

mike

The Torch Website:

Old 2009-01-17, 10:39pm

She only mentioned "the company" so you may have been off the hook on this one, Mikey.

~:
~:

~: