LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Frantz Art Glass & Supply

Beads of Courage

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Library > Tutorials > Tutorials to purchase

Old 2009-06-11, 9:24pm
namaste

Default Now Available as Downloads--Photography and Goddess Tuts!

For those of you that feel instant gratification takes too long...We are offering both of our successful tutorials as PDF downloads. Buy either or both and you can be using them tonight !

The Photography tutorial is one file which took me about 2 minutes to download on a cable connection. It's a large file, that's why we haven't been using email it to send it out.

The Goddess tutorial is a PDF and a video. You get step by step instructions with photos and a video of Kevan making a goddess bead while she and I discuss what she's doing in voice overs---which is pretty funny.

$18 each on Etsy ...click here

(This is the link in case you can't just click and go above:
http://www.etsy.com/shop.php?user_id...ion_id=5872319)

Take care,
Antonio

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by Antoņio; 2009-06-11 at 9:42pm.
Old 2009-06-12, 4:19am

Hi, This looks great. However I have a question..what type of camera are you recommending? I have a sony cybershot. Is this good enough for your tutorial's instructions? Or do I need a differant camera?
Thanks, Mimi
Old 2009-06-12, 6:46am

I've got a cybershot as well, so I'd like to know too! Not sure if the cybershot can take very good close ups, haven't had alot of success yet but sure can't afford another camera.
Thanks
Jessica

Old 2009-06-12, 9:35am
all for the love of glass

Just popping in to say awesome tutorial Antonio and Kevan.. I'm all about instant gratification, so thanks for that speedy delivery to my inbox.
I'm spending today poring over your information and taking photos. We'll see how that goes~

"Do not worry about your originality. You could not get rid of it even if you wanted to." -- Robert Henri.
Old 2009-06-15, 5:42am
Just a bit DOOPY DOO DAH!

OMG I am SO PLEASED it's available as download! Grabbed mine and can't wait to get it. Only didn't it buy it by snail mail as I am far too impatient to wait for anything by mail these days!!! We are spoilt. Thank you so much for making it available this way - you rock!
Old 2009-06-16, 1:10am
namaste

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilacwind View Post
Hi, This looks great. However I have a question..what type of camera are you recommending? I have a sony cybershot. Is this good enough for your tutorial's instructions? Or do I need a differant camera?
Thanks, Mimi
Hi Mimi,

Kevan recommends any camera with at least 5 megapixels of resolution and interchangeable lenses. However, depending on what you want to do you could get by with a lot less. If most of what you do is take pictures of beads and jewelry for the internet then almost any camera will do fine. Try and find one that focuses up close (has a macro setting).

Ideally, you want a camera that gives you the ability to adjust things--like the aperture and shutter speeds. This gives you the ability to adjust your 'depth of field' (the area from near to far away that is in focus).

Kevan uses both a Nikon D-50 and D-90. Lots of pros Nikon and Canon.
Our tutorial is designed to be used with almost any camera, but you need to have some version of Adobe Photoshop to do the step-by-step exercises.
Remember, the tut is about how KEVAN does pictures. It's not a general guide to how to take pictures. It shows you her tricks to getting good results.

I hope that helps!

Antonio

Old 2009-06-16, 1:14am
namaste

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeCharmed View Post
OMG I am SO PLEASED it's available as download! Grabbed mine and can't wait to get it. Only didn't it buy it by snail mail as I am far too impatient to wait for anything by mail these days!!! We are spoilt. Thank you so much for making it available this way - you rock!
Hehehehe. De nada.

I love the line from the movie, "Postcards from the Edge" where Shirley McClain says "All you young people want instant gratification!" and Meryl Streep says, "Nooooo. Instant gratification takes too long!"

Antonio

Old 2009-06-16, 1:16am
namaste

Quote:
Originally Posted by flamemoth View Post
Just popping in to say awesome tutorial Antonio and Kevan.. I'm all about instant gratification, so thanks for that speedy delivery to my inbox.
I'm spending today poring over your information and taking photos. We'll see how that goes~
Good luck! I look forward to seeing your results posted here!

Antonio

Old 2009-06-16, 2:28am
Just a bit DOOPY DOO DAH!

LOL - I got my speedy superfast delivery! I sped through it (you know that impatient side of me!!!) and now going to spend the day actually reading it PROPERLY!!! It surely does look an absolute gem of a tutorial. Thanks again, I can't wait to see what piccies I can produce now!
Michelle
Old 2009-06-22, 1:34pm
Beadmaking.nl

I love the Goddess tutorial! Yesterday I saw the movie voor the 99999 time and it is still great. For next time... please dont laugh to hard, I have to take my earphones out, hahaha!

Still happy with it! Thanks for making!

Old 2009-07-18, 8:08pm
namaste

We are both so glad you like it!