LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Jelveh Designs - Glass Beads Torched One-by-One

Beads of Courage

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Library > Tips, Techniques, and Questions

Tips, Techniques, and Questions -- Technical questions or tips

Old 2007-07-24, 9:30pm

Default Anyone purchase a concentrator from Hobbies For Us?

I'm looking at this concentrator and just like some feed back on the company Hobbies For Us. the three year warranty on a new unit sounds pretty good. the $1499.00 price tag seems ball park for similar units,but that includes shipping too.

New Sequal Integra 10
Outlet Pressure: 7PSI.
L.P.M: 10
Oxygen Outlet Purity: 93.5% @ 1/2 to 7 LPM, 92% @ 7 to 10 LPM
Warranty: 3 Year Manufactuer's Warranty.

any feed back would be great thanks
Murf

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

------------------------
Kobuki*Delta Elite*Mirage*Blast Shields*two DeVilbiss 5 LPM* tanks* foot pedal.
Old 2007-07-25, 4:38am
BeadsonCypress

I got mine from them (and a friend of mine did also) Shipping is the best anywere (encased in plastic and foam) I kept the box and formed foam if anything went wrong. I have had mine almost a year....perfect...
Old 2007-07-25, 5:21am

Quote:
Originally Posted by murf View Post
I'm looking at this concentrator and just like some feed back on the company Hobbies For Us. the three year warranty on a new unit sounds pretty good. the $1499.00 price tag seems ball park for similar units,but that includes shipping too.

New Sequal Integra 10

Murf

I just ordered one from them... Should be the end of this week or monday... So... far all the dealings with them have been great.... I will let you know when I get it how it is..
Sheltie

National 8 w/oxygen concentrator
Old 2007-07-25, 11:16am

Sheltie,
getting the model i posted? please let me know. all this concentrator stuff can be confusing and over whelming.
hope it works out well, got my fingers crossed for you
Murf

------------------------
Kobuki*Delta Elite*Mirage*Blast Shields*two DeVilbiss 5 LPM* tanks* foot pedal.
Old 2007-07-27, 5:02pm

Murf - I got mine from them in January. I got the DeVilbiss MC-84 - 5 LPM, 9 PSI. Works great with my Bobcat. It's a better deal than the other ones because of the higher PSI.

-Diane

My Facebook business page:

GTT Bobcat or Carlisle Lucio on an Integra 10
(and sometimes I pull out my HotHead!)
Old 2007-08-01, 1:39pm
Spoiled

I haven't ordered from them but I met Jay last year at the Gathering and he was very nice. Answered a bunch of questions I had about adding another concentrator to the one I already have.

I didn't know until we talked that they had to be different outputs (one a 5 and the other a 10). I haven't had a chance to buy my second one yet but it will more than likely be from him when I do (unless I happen upon one at an estate sale or something).

An amazing Cuda with 2 M15's & propane, a Lynx, and a Tondodama torch.

Old 2007-08-01, 4:05pm
Missing presumed fed

Quote:
Originally Posted by aimee View Post
I didn't know until we talked that they had to be different outputs (one a 5 and the other a 10).
Huh? I have two 5 LPM concentrators hooked together (both AirSeps). I think a lot of us do. Am I not understanding what you mean?
Old 2007-08-01, 5:34pm
Eight Miles Wide

I bought a Devilbliss 5lpm from them nearly a year ago. They were very helpful & friendly. Shipped very well. I haven't had any problems with it.

Old 2007-08-02, 9:22am
Spoiled

I was told (and by a couple different people now when I did more research on it) that to get the right out put and get the benefit of having two hooked together that one needs to be a 10 and one needs to be a 5 (it's called Master and Slave). The five is there to boost the 10 to it's maximum output. If you have two of the same hooked together, they actually work against eachother and you might as well just one have hooked up. The same principal is used with other types of machine hooked together.

An amazing Cuda with 2 M15's & propane, a Lynx, and a Tondodama torch.

Old 2007-08-02, 12:47pm
PyronamixK

Quote:

New Sequal Integra 10

Murf
I am an authorized distributor for SeQual and offer the Regalia - the SeQual machine made for lampworking, not a medical unit.

My regular price for the Regalia is $1550, but from now through August 10th, the price is $1450 and shipping to the lower 48 United States is free. The Regalia comes with a 3 year manufacturer's warranty.

So, I guess that although the units are not exactly the same (the Regalia is designed specifically for lampworking while the Integra 10 is not), the price would be similar.
Old 2007-08-02, 1:25pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by aimee View Post
I was told (and by a couple different people now when I did more research on it) that to get the right out put and get the benefit of having two hooked together that one needs to be a 10 and one needs to be a 5 (it's called Master and Slave). The five is there to boost the 10 to it's maximum output. If you have two of the same hooked together, they actually work against eachother and you might as well just one have hooked up. The same principal is used with other types of machine hooked together.
Now I was told the opposite I was told they had to be the same output.
Maybe Kimberly can chime in and tell us.

Old 2007-08-02, 1:37pm

I just received a completly rebuilt consentrator from oxygen plus medical for $370.00 shipped. It has a five year warranty the packing it came in was very impressive. I dealt with larry LaClair who was great to deal with and knew his stuff. I work with soft glass and this box is the only way to go. I would not spend $1.500
bob
Old 2007-08-02, 1:50pm
Ass-kicking Cephalopod

Quote:
Originally Posted by bob View Post
I just received a completly rebuilt consentrator from oxygen plus medical for $370.00 shipped. It has a five year warranty the packing it came in was very impressive. I dealt with larry LaClair who was great to deal with and knew his stuff. I work with soft glass and this box is the only way to go. I would not spend $1.500
bob
You didn't get NEARLY the same machine being discussed in this thread. You got a reconditioned 5 lpm unit and they are talking about a new oxycon that delivers 10 lpm.

I have the same 5 lpm machine you have and love it, but it is apples and oranges .

DOG is my co-pilot
Cricket w/two 5 lpm oxycons - and sometimes a Minor.
Old 2007-08-02, 2:35pm
PyronamixK

Regarding the connection of two units:

I have never heard of this Master/Slave thing. The 10 LPM SeQual units are designed to put out their full 10 LPM without the aid of any other unit to "boost" their output.

Whenever you connect two units, they do act against each other (regardless of the size). You will lose a little bit of pressure and a little bit of flow - about 1 CFH - that is 1/2 LPM - per unit. So, if you were to put two 10 LPM units together, you would only have a total of 19 LPM. If you were to connect two 5 LPM units, you would only have a total of 9 LPM.

This is not a huge loss, especially when you are using a small torch that does not require the full 9 or 10 LPM. But, when you are running a larger torch that does, the difference is quite noticeable.
Old 2007-08-06, 8:01am

Boy, I gotta give these guys high marks. I got my machine in the fall, and all of a sudden it gave out on me Friday. I just spoke with Jay, he walked me through what he could, figured out the problem and is having me send it back to him to fix, at no expense to me. There was apparently an issue with the valves on this model of machine that he sold during that period.

He also put me on hold to check the status of the valves, came back to tell me they're on order and hopefully will arrive by the time he gets my machine, but at least I'm forewarned about any delays. I really appreciate this kind of customer service.
Old 2007-08-06, 3:15pm

I got the air sep.. it came last sat.. and works great... couldn't be more happy

National 8 w/oxygen concentrator
Old 2007-10-03, 5:14am

Default Here is what I found when i was shopping for oxybox

http://toolhaus.org/cgi-bin/negs?Use...ed+by&ref=home

Enter an eBay user ID: Allow over 1000 items
(Why not?) If you use this page, please consider supporting it!
Many thanks to our generous donors!

hobbiesforus ( 799) Merged Account

Members who left a negative: 7

Find out what these numbers mean

Item received was not the same as the item pictured in this auction. Buyer: pmoss1948 ( 126) Dec-24-06 06:02
Reply by hobbiesforus (Dec-24-06 20:46):
Did you really think you where getting a concentrator for $19, filter pack !!!!!

-- (#270064489035) --
Item just like he said, but poor email correspondence, no replies to questions. Buyer: s14232 ( 16) Oct-07-06 11:00
Reply by hobbiesforus (Oct-22-06 18:22):
Emails are always answered within 48 Hrs.
Follow-up by s14232 (Dec-09-06 07:33):
Yes, I was wrong. I was checking wrong email. He did commincate well, my mistake

-- (#270032402186) --
WARNING! Seller claims 500 hours but unit MUCH older BAD shape, hours set back!? Buyer: karmatrek ( 30) May-11-06 17:52
Reply by hobbiesforus (May-12-06 05:13):
Wrong unit sent, refused the request of full refund, wanted free unit & refund!

-- (#761208914 --
Poor communication.Never received item. Got burned. Buyer beware. Ignored emails Buyer: freddymagee ( 75)
No longer a registered user Apr-08-06 21:35
Reply by hobbiesforus (Apr-09-06 08:07):
If this is true, my phone # is posted everywhere, why no call to my office OK!!!

-- (#5036814616) --
Can't seem to get shipping information. Not very responsive. Buyer: johng949 ( 1 ) May-11-05 21:39
Reply by hobbiesforus (May-14-05 13:45):
Gave me less then 12 hours to replay with a tracking # Quick trigger on feedback

-- (#4991827552) --
Item works as promised. Seller hard to contact. Took over a week to ship item. Buyer: mandee29 ( 136) Apr-18-05 10:50
-- (#4982145146) --
Arrived late,cracked case,broken valve,calls not returned, I had to get repaired Buyer: joyousandfree ( 6
No longer a registered user Feb-10-05 06:58
Reply by hobbiesforus (May-14-05 13:29):
Called me a month later, had the unit fixed before even contacting me first.

-- (#4954099731) --
have never recieved expensive machine//BEWARE sellers email is not even valid Buyer: aircare11 ( 13) Dec-21-04 14:16
Reply by hobbiesforus (Dec-28-04 05:53):
Quick to give negitive, refunded money due to time sensitive issues

-- (#4949927705) --
Great item, slow to ship and shipping confusion re: ship date and tracking # Buyer: mom2kyle ( 192) Dec-02-04 14:10
Reply by hobbiesforus (Dec-03-04 12:42):
My fault shipping address was incorrect; item had to be reshipped once returned

-- (#4940297786) --
Poor communicator, worst shipper, good value C---- Ebayer Buyer: jimd15 ( 293) Sep-29-04 15:21
Reply by hobbiesforus (Sep-29-04 17:4:
Quick to judge with some negative feedback of is own regarding items.

-- (#4925962682) --
didnt work! Buyer: fifis-best ( 321) Sep-30-03 18:12
-- (#2427618839) --
No reply to emails even though my payment has been received by seller what to do Buyer: jericho1026 ( 0 ) Aug-23-03 13:02
Reply by hobbiesforus (Sep-01-03 21:52):
Didn’t understand why I couldn’t ship to an unconfirmed PayPal address. NEW??

-- (#2944938727) --
Merchandise never arrived. Seller was responsive to emails but nothing happened. Buyer: alanmcswain ( 15 Jun-05-03 20:19
Reply by hobbiesforus (Jun-18-03 14:43):
Take a look at FedEx.com Tracking #135163010012069 and you make the CALL!!!!

-- (#2926149253) --
7 Negative
6 Neutral
0 Withdrawn
13 Total

That took 0:02 (user 0.57, sys 0.0

whb@toolhaus.org
negs ver. 7.12, Last modified 2007/09/06 22:42:55 (UTC)

Quote:

New Sequal Integra 10

Murf
Old 2007-10-03, 5:49am
Your Royal Fritness

Jay Rocks,

If you have any questions just call him, all the information is on their website.

They are Located in Sterling Heights Michigan so I call Jay and go pick one up. They are really helpful and very nice. They have a small office in the front and then the huge back room is filled with pallets and pallets of oxycon's It's a lampworkers dream

I will be buying 1 more for my betta torch next week.... MORE POWER, Yeah!

Dawn

Old 2007-10-03, 10:04am
Formerly Sassygirl

I bought my airsep from Jay and had no problems whatsoever. I would buy from them again in a heartbeat!

Old 2007-10-04, 6:38am
Cherine Perrin Glass

Smiley (Brent Graber) is also selling concentrators. I'm saving up for mine. This hauling tanks thing is a PITA.

My Etsy shop: https://
face="Verdana">Facebook:
https://www.facebook.com/CherinePerrinLampwork/
Old 2007-10-05, 2:04pm

I purchased two concentrators from them over a year ago and haven't had one problem with either unit. They had excellent communication, quick shipping and good packaging as well. No complaints here! I got an excellent deal with lots of $$$ saved.
Donna
Old 2007-10-05, 4:34pm
Crazy Snake Lady

I've purchased two units from them and would shop with them again if I needed another one. Great prices on great units. Haven't had a problem.