No users in chat

Jelveh Designs - Glass Beads Torched One-by-One

Beads of Courage

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Library > Studio

Studio -- Show us your studio setup

Old 2011-07-11, 9:35am
Curmudgeon Engineering

How about this arrangement?

Move the silver working table under the window. Move the kiln and glass bench to the left as far as possible. Put the new storage in the corner at the top right in drawing...if it fits.

You actually gain 4753.2 sq. mm of space using the lower pictured storage system. With both size tubes. People never mention it but if the tubes are close fitting enough you can use the spaces outside the tubes as storage.

PJH
Old 2011-07-11, 10:23pm
Unmedicated since '62

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheng076 View Post
How about this arrangement?

Move the silver working table under the window. Move the kiln and glass bench to the left as far as possible. Put the new storage in the corner at the top right in drawing...if it fits.

You actually gain 4753.2 sq. mm of space using the lower pictured storage system. With both size tubes. People never mention it but if the tubes are close fitting enough you can use the spaces outside the tubes as storage.

PJH
pity i cant do it in 3D

the silver working table is higher than the glass table so it would come up over the window, not that that really matters but it wouldnt look very good

i dont want to put the glass storage on the floor, i dont want to have to bend down to select glass - call me lazy

and yep, the second storage idea is much better! how the hell did you figure that out though you are such a nerd!

i'm going to use a combination of both so as to spead the weight better

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
- my 17yo sons first novel

- download, get organised, enjoy
Old 2011-07-12, 10:10am
Curmudgeon Engineering

I was curious.

Area of one tube = (Diameter / 2) x (Diameter / 2) x 3.1415 x number of tubes of each size, add up different combinations, subtract.

"We all use math everyday..." TV program 'NUM3ERS'

PJH
Old 2011-07-13, 9:45am
Gentleman of Leisure

Mount unit on wall HORIZONTALLY above work bench and put PVC dividers in it.... There for all your glass will be right above you within easy reach...

Dale

Vendor-Artist-Studio-Teacher Registry

San Francisco - A Few Toys Short of a Happy Meal
Old 2011-07-18, 4:52pm
Unmedicated since '62

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dale M. View Post
Mount unit on wall HORIZONTALLY above work bench and put PVC dividers in it.... There for all your glass will be right above you within easy reach...

Dale
thats what i wanted to do but its too deep

i did however mount it on the wall but to the side

Old 2011-07-18, 5:40pm
Loving learning

Ooooh, I love that each color family has it's own cubby!
Old 2011-07-18, 7:16pm
Unmedicated since '62

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eileen View Post
Ooooh, I love that each color family has it's own cubby!
ah, you're OCD too!

i'm stressing cos the black/white/clear/grey section is full already

Old 2011-07-18, 7:17pm
Unmedicated since '62

all tidy neat and ready to rock!

Old 2011-07-19, 4:31am

Your cubbies of pvc look so much better than my milk crates of pvc lined up along the floor. Looks good!

"I love deadlines. I love the whooshing noise they make as they go by." Douglas Adams
Old 2011-07-19, 10:36am
Somewhat out there!

Wow, that's a lot bigger than I was thinking. Looks great. What size PVC did you go with? 1 size or 2?

Julianne
Old 2011-07-19, 11:16pm
Unmedicated since '62

Quote:
Originally Posted by glasshobbit View Post
Wow, that's a lot bigger than I was thinking. Looks great. What size PVC did you go with? 1 size or 2?
The larger one, it was just easier and cheaper

Old 2011-07-20, 10:16am
Curmudgeon Engineering

I thought you were set on using the 2 different sizes to get more cubbies? You can use the spaces between the tubes for color in small quantities or for stringer. looks good and great job hanging it.
PJH
Old 2011-07-20, 9:15pm
Unmedicated since '62

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheng076 View Post
I thought you were set on using the 2 different sizes to get more cubbies? You can use the spaces between the tubes for color in small quantities or for stringer. looks good and great job hanging it.
PJH
well...you're gonna roll your eyes at me... i got to the hardware store and i'd forgotten my measurements i already knew i need 7.2 lengths if i went with the 50mm and i couldnt be bothered to drive the 30 min back to get my list and i had mum with me contantly trying to wander off so i couldnt sit down and work it out again...

so i just said to myself "bugger it!" and bought the 50mm

Old 2011-07-22, 12:54pm

Is there enough space in between the tubes for the large diameter straws... boboa tea or something like that. I use them in the fence rail cubbies so I always know what color stringer it is. The transparents are too much alike to tell sometimes.

Old 2011-07-23, 8:18am
Curmudgeon Engineering

Funny how that happens
Old 2011-07-24, 5:39am
Formerly NurseKatie :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by PerfectDeb View Post
all tidy neat and ready to rock!

It looks awesome Deb! Enjoy!!!!! I am still saving my pennies to see it in person!

Old 2011-07-24, 8:48pm

Deb,
Very nice storage rack! Looks like it was built custom for that spot.
MarieAnn
Old 2011-08-07, 10:41pm

Okay, I didn't read all of the answers or get the complete idea of your set up, so feel free to laugh at this idea. Put it sideways. you will have two shelves high and four wide. Easy to reach. Not sure how much width you have available.
Old 2011-08-08, 1:04am
Unmedicated since '62

Quote:
Originally Posted by queenofswords View Post
Okay, I didn't read all of the answers or get the complete idea of your set up, so feel free to laugh at this idea. Put it sideways. you will have two shelves high and four wide. Easy to reach. Not sure how much width you have available.
Um...you did look at how I put it ^

Old 2011-08-08, 2:24pm

Brilliant.....thinking outside of the box and you have a great storage area. You don't even have to bend down. Love it.
Old 2011-08-09, 5:01pm

Would that be the picture almost immediately above my post.....OOOPs. more proof I need to read all the posts.
Old 2011-08-10, 3:07am
Unmedicated since '62