No users in chat

The Flow

Beads of Courage

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Library > Studio

Studio -- Show us your studio setup

Old 2011-06-29, 6:10pm
Borovangelist

Default shedio ceilings

We often see pictures of folks converting sheds and you see open walls, drywalled in, painted, not painted, lots of bench shots, etc., but what do folks do with the ceilings in these?

Do you leave it open? Insulate? Drywall? drop ceiling? Other?

I like my high gambrel roof and it seems like a good place for storage of stuff that won't melt (hot in the summer...hoowee!), so I don't necessarily want to cover it, but it seems odd to do all the nice work to the floor up to my head, then ignore the upper regions.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
|
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
|
Old 2011-06-29, 6:13pm
Mr Brutus RIP

Well, I got a new shed and I'm slowllllllly in the process of dry walling and all that fun stuff. I insulated everything, put up drywall on walls and ceiling is half done. I work slow and get lazy...LOL But I'm working on it. It will be completly drywalled and painted when finished. There was a small area I could have used for storage but here in florida even my glass would have melted LOL
sue

Old 2011-06-29, 7:38pm
Loving learning

We (read my DH here) put the foam insulation sheets with the foil covering up when I realized that the heat was all going out the ridge vent last winter. We figured it would help in the summer too. I have not covered the walls, and use the space between the studs for storage, small shelves, etc. but at some point I guess I might do it on the sunny side of the building.

PS. He just nailed it to the roof studs, so there is about a4" gap between the insulation & the actual roof.
Old 2011-07-01, 10:47am
Borovangelist

Thanks folks

|
|
Old 2011-07-01, 12:50pm
Pyromaniac

We put in metal roofing panels for the ceiling.
They are a great sage green and obviously are not flammable.
I love my ceiling. However, my boyfriend and I did not get along very well when it was going up.
Those panels are heavy and a pain to cut!
Here is a pic while we were building everything.

Sexy Barracuda and Mirage

Old 2011-07-01, 8:41pm
I'm meeeeelting

Mine is insulated and drywalled with a storage loft running along one wall. You can't really see the ceiling in this pic, but you can see the storage area.

Foot Pedal Tutorial:

Kevlar Fingerless Gloves:
Old 2011-07-02, 12:24pm
Borovangelist

That's pretty clever I'd like someplace I can hide from the kids and take nap hehehe

I like the little flame painting!

|
|
Old 2011-07-03, 6:34pm
I'm meeeeelting

It's a tin pencil case.

Foot Pedal Tutorial:

Kevlar Fingerless Gloves:
Old 2011-07-04, 5:04pm

Mine is just the shed siding painted purple. I spent all my money on tools and toys. LOL
Old 2011-07-16, 10:08am

Hi Tom, We built our own shed and wood framed in the ceiling, then drywalled, insulated the attic.
Sorry the pictures are really big.
Attic
Waiting for Exhaust Fan

I thought it would be best to have attic crawl space for storage
MarieAnn

Last edited by beadgirl; 2011-07-16 at 10:16am. Reason: added pics
Old 2011-07-16, 6:27pm
Borovangelist

cool, thanks!

|
|
Old 2011-07-18, 12:53pm

Ours is totaly in sheet rock and insulated. Last time it was a loft space with bunches of room for storage.
Not this time. I will have some storage out side with a fire safe cabinate.
Then an extra door for a quick exit.
Just being safe. Fire extinquishers for both tables also.
Awesome places that you all are working on.

Rose Leslie