No users in chat

Frantz Art Glass & Supply

Caber Light

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Library > Tips, Techniques, and Questions

Tips, Techniques, and Questions -- Technical questions or tips

Old 2009-01-07, 10:59am
Yeah me!

Default popped bubbles?

I have seen some beads that it looks like they have had bubbles drawn to the surface and then popped. I was wondering how this is done. Is there anyway to force bubbles, or is it just done like encased bubbles?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old 2009-01-07, 11:24am
Life is change. Love it

I'm not sure what you mean without a pic. If it's pitting, that's a mistake (noticed some pits on some of my beads a few minutes ago)

Maybe baking soda beads? http://www.lampworketc.com/forums/sh...ing+soda+beads

Old 2009-01-07, 11:43am

Kristina, do you have a link to something similar? Have you asked that artist yet how she/he does it?

"In theory, there is no difference between theory and practice; in practice there is." ~ Chuck Reid
Old 2009-01-07, 12:00pm
I speak Murrini!

I'm curious too...are you speaking of "hollow" beads that have an intentional hole popped in the side of them? If so, there's a great description of "How To" in this book:

"Glass Bead Workshop" by Jeri L. Warhaftig

http://www.amazon.com/Glass-Bead-Wor...1354698&sr=8-1

I was referred to this book by MaryBeth and it's just great! There is a "exercise" on how to make a hollow shell with an opening, and this should guide you if that sort of thing is what you're looking for...

Hope this helps!

De

"Only a fool rushes to his own demise..." ~Zorro
Old 2009-01-07, 3:53pm
Heart Of Glass Beads

I'm pretty sure Brent used tubing to make that pendant... Some people do a similar technique by "popping" hollow beads, which creates a hole in the side, similar to this...

Shine-On Glow In The Dark Glass available in 104, 96, 90 COE. PM for Details
Old 2009-01-07, 5:30pm
Yeah me!

http://www.brentgraber.com/catalog.php?category=6
Sorry if I offended anyone.

Old 2009-01-07, 5:34pm

If you make a hollow bead and heat one area until the glass gets thin, it will "pop"

Become a fan on Facebook:
Old 2009-01-07, 7:32pm
Life is change. Love it

Why would you think you'd offended anyone?

Brent (Mr Smiley) is very generous with sharing his knowledge of working in boro. I would suggest you contact him, I'm sure he'll be helpful

Old 2009-01-07, 8:05pm
Yeah me!

It's not that, I did not realize that I should post a link rather that take a pic from his site and I didn't want him to be upset. All is well though.