Lampwork Etc.

Mountain Glass Arts

LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Donate via PayPal to donate@lampworketc.com

Glacial Art Glass

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Beads of Courage > Beads of Courage

Beads of Courage -- Discussion for all things Beads of Courage; the only not-for-profit, arts-in-medicine program putting to use the talents of glass beadmakers to uplift children dealing with life threatening illnesses, their families and the people who care for them. Families, clinicians and artists alike are welcome to join in! (Thank you to Lampwork Etc. for supporting Beads of Courage and helping to foster communication!) PHOTOS OF INDIVIDUALS OR CHILDREN ONLY ALLOWED WITH THEIR SPECIFIC CONSENT.

Old 2011-03-01, 1:56pm
Astro Cat

Yay!! That is awesome!
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
my Scorpion!
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 2011-03-01, 2:10pm
Hot Glass Neophyte

Oh Marcy, how wonderful!
Old 2011-03-01, 2:18pm
Your Royal Fritness

Marcy that is super cool!

Old 2011-03-01, 2:18pm
AKA: Noodlesaurus

Super extra cool Marcy....

or
,~Punties, Mandrels,Beads.....GTT Phantom....
Old 2011-03-01, 2:52pm
Run Free Sweet Boy

oh Marcy, that is so sweet, you must be so proud of him.

"It's not what you have, it's who you are."
Old 2011-03-01, 5:03pm
I need a bench maid!

Wow! I am so excited that one of mine was chosen!
Congrats to everyone going and also to everyone who entered and supports Beads of Courage all year long!

Old 2011-03-01, 6:06pm
Shelarious

This is a light I needed...and perspective I need, too.

Old 2011-03-01, 6:08pm

I'm more excited now that I had a chance to tell everyone at work and tell my parents (whom I think are more excited than me, my dad was a little jeleous he said).

Marcy, that is so awesome for Nick!

Can't wait to see the final photos of which beads were choosen.

Become a fan on Facebook:
Old 2011-03-01, 8:10pm

CONGRATS TO ALL!! I am truely honored and humbled to have a bead chosen. I am doing the happy dance like nobody is watching. I just wanted to enter something and get it completed on time, meet a deadline at least once. Never thought my beads would be in such estimeed company.

Thank you Laura & Randy - for all those long nights in your garage, at your torch, using your fuel, your kiln and offers of dinner.

To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Julie
Old 2011-03-01, 8:40pm
StudioMarcy

Well I told Nick to guess my good news, and he said, "your bead is going to be on the Space Shuttle." I said "Yes, but that's not what I'm excited about. You have a bead going up too!!!" He seemed a little shocked and then very happy. I gave him a big hug. (can't help it, the Mom in me), and we talked about it some more. I haven't heard his parents' response yet. And then we made gnomes from the Gnomeo movie and worked with filigrana. The end to a very happy day.

Marcy Lamberson
Studio Marcy
Old 2011-03-02, 4:39am
Don Meadows

Do they still use Tang in space? May have to get some and see how it mixes with Tiquila :->
Old 2011-03-02, 5:04am
Hot Glass Neophyte

Quote:
Well I told Nick to guess my good news, and he said, "your bead is going to be on the Space Shuttle." I said "Yes, but that's not what I'm excited about. You have a bead going up too!!!" He seemed a little shocked and then very happy. I gave him a big hug. (can't help it, the Mom in me), and we talked about it some more. I haven't heard his parents' response yet. And then we made gnomes from the Gnomeo movie and worked with filigrana. The end to a very happy day.

How wonderful Marcy! Imagine getting to have such a special thing at his age!
Old 2011-03-02, 5:11am
Mermaid in Training

Yeah... my husband pestered and pestered me to enter again. Now I am glad he did! Marcy how cool is that to be able to tell your student.

Congratulations to everyone! Here are my three submissions.... wonder which one got picked.....
Attached Images

Dizzy Bead on Etsy

Last edited by macsynchro; 2011-03-02 at 5:25am. Reason: uploaded pictures
Old 2011-03-02, 6:14am
over the moon space cadet

Quote:
Do they still use Tang in space? May have to get some and see how it mixes with Tiquila :->
My daughter just asked me , "What's Tang?" lmao!! Oh, the generation gap. Just had to say that just reading the combo made me gag..... if you MUST have Tang, use it as the Tequilla chaser.
To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

" We are cups, constantly and quietly being filled.
The trick is, knowing how to tip ourselves over
and let the beautiful stuff out. - Ray Bradbury
Old 2011-03-02, 6:25am
StudioMarcy

or you could lick the powder off the back of your hand and do shots

Marcy Lamberson
Studio Marcy
Old 2011-03-02, 6:48am

They still make Tang?

Robert
Old 2011-03-02, 6:58am

Here are my beads that are going to fly in April. I made the murrinis on a Betta and it took forever. The Phantom will make the next face cane a lot easier.
Robert

Old 2011-03-02, 7:00am
StudioMarcy

Those are great Robert. I like your man on the moon murrine

Marcy Lamberson
Studio Marcy
Old 2011-03-02, 7:44am

Thanks Marcy. I'm going to have to make an new one - may not be enough of the original one left.

Robert
Old 2011-03-02, 7:53am
StudioMarcy

Diana, I love them all, but that little bug really makes me smile!

Marcy Lamberson
Studio Marcy
Old 2011-03-02, 8:42am

Default Submissions

Here are my submissions ... I'm dying to know which one was chosen!

Old 2011-03-02, 8:45am

Quote:
That is so awesome Marcy!
Old 2011-03-02, 8:45am
Hot Glass Neophyte

GOSH such cute work you guys! I'm so excited to see the entire collection! I hope they will post it soon.
Old 2011-03-02, 9:28am

Robert, very cool man in the moon! I foresee many more of those. And ShanAV, very cute beads, but LOVE the one eyed octo alien! Diana, I too think the little bug is extra cute!

Marcy, what a proud moment for you and NIck. You got me teary again...in a warm & fuzzy way.

It's going to be fun to see all the beads together.

eBay: nada!
Old 2011-03-02, 1:31pm

Default 3 Beads I submitted

I took some photos of my beads, just on my desk at my day job so nothing to write home about but here is what I submitted.

Old 2011-03-02, 1:35pm

Marcy,

WOW what an honor to have my beads on the same flight as Nick's. I'm sure he is a bright star to many.

Julie
Old 2011-03-02, 1:57pm
Hot Glass Neophyte

Gypsie, those are neat! Great picture too!
Old 2011-03-02, 2:27pm
over the moon space cadet

Absolutely!! They sell it at my local grocery store! I was taken aback when I saw it. THought that crap was finally gone forever
Oh I drank it, but ...yuck

" We are cups, constantly and quietly being filled.
The trick is, knowing how to tip ourselves over
and let the beautiful stuff out. - Ray Bradbury
Old 2011-03-02, 2:45pm

Quote:
Absolutely!! They sell it at my local grocery store! I was taken aback when I saw it. THought that crap was finally gone forever
Oh I drank it, but ...yuck
All of us would-be junior astronauts drank it back in the early 60's. Bet it tastes the same, but not so good now as it did then (if you get my drift). Maybe it was all that Tang I drank back then that helped me get my beads in space even if I don't get to go myself.

Robert
Old 2011-03-04, 5:48am
Mermaid in Training

Thanks Everyone the "alien Ladybug" is my favorite as well...LOL... though my husband is rooting for the one bling eyed horny thing because it was his idea to stick the CZ in the eyeball.

ShanAV I love the One Eyed Octo dude as well though that space monkey is awfully cute too. And the Robert wonderful job on your Murrini! GypsieJules very spacey looking beads.

I am so excited... maybe this time I will promote to the local stations I never thought to do that last time.

Dizzy Bead on Etsy