LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Caber Light

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Library > Tips, Techniques, and Questions

Tips, Techniques, and Questions -- Technical questions or tips

Old 2011-01-26, 8:57pm

Default Reichenbach 96 Coe

I was given some Riech 96 cane as a gift and am finding it hard to work with to get good color. i like the 96 coe glass, but this is mostly reducing glass that I am unfamiliar with. Can anyone point me to a 96 coe thread that exists, or give me some ideas on use? I get great reduction, but loose the color when encased. What bases might work? I will have to buy more when I get an idea of a good base. What I have now is the reducing sampler.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

leebeads.etsy.com, leebeads.artfire.com
Old 2011-01-27, 9:28am

Arghhh. Doesn't anyone work with this glass??

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old 2011-01-27, 9:32am
Queen Bee

I work with the glass, but mainly the transparents and opaques - I do work some colors such as the pinks in a cooler flame. I'm anxious to see some hints as well - I'm terrible at reducing

Donna

Vintage & Contemporary Beads, Findings, Chains, Trinity Brass, Vintaj, Bead Tubing, Bobbins

Handmade Artist Lampwork Jewelry
Old 2011-01-27, 9:52am

This reduces really easy, but when encased, loses all color. I'm sure someone will have a tip that makes me say, DUH!!

Old 2011-01-27, 10:05am

I've never tried encasing it while in it's reduced state. Based upon encasing reduced bullseye, you will have to keep it VERY cool.

I have a smattering of 96. Many of the striking/reducing/"silver" glasses. Clear, white, black, amber, opal yellow. You can use the reducing/silver type glasses with the amber to give boro-ish effects. Those last when encased.
Old 2011-01-27, 10:16am

Ok! Will try that!