Lampwork Etc.

AKDesign

LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Jelveh Designs - Glass Beads Torched One-by-One

Glacial Art Glass

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > The Mall > Customer Service Kiosk

Customer Service Kiosk -- Questions for LE vendors.

Old 2013-05-13, 5:40pm
Boro-holic

Default SCG: Best Boro Supplier on the Net

I confess – I have been negligent and now I want to do the right thing, publicly. I should have written immediately but was in the middle of moving my home & studio. My testimonial of SCG’s unbelievable commitment to excellent customer service, un-exaggerated and ALL true:
You had an awesome sale a few months back on Schott rod & tubes which were shipping direct from Schott. Pricing was too good to be true. I order a case of each which were both savagely trampled by UPS. The UPS stud told me to refuse the packages so I did and I called you. I spoke with Donna and she was beyond gracious insisting (before the packages had even been returned) that she would be sending out replacements IMMEDIATELY, cut in 1/2 and double boxed. (Much better that way!) They arrived perfectly, but the story doesn’t end here. The tubes I ordered were ex-heavy-wall (4mm) and I received heavy-wall (2.8mm). That’s OK I told Donna, I’ll see what I can do with these, the deal was great and it was an honest mistake. SCG had already exceeded my expectations and had to be out some $$ already, right? Donna would not hear of it and would not settle for less than perfect. At their expense I’m sure – the correct 26 x 4mm EX-heavy wall tube was shipped immediately: double-boxed AND cut in half. She insisted that I keep the wrong sized tubes. We all know that SCG ate it big on the shipping charges alone, but when I mentioned that I felt bad Donna wouldn’t hear of it calling it “a learning opportunity” for their new company. Now I ask you readers, when was the last time you received customer service like that???
Just call me a devoted customer and fan for life!
Old 2013-05-13, 7:21pm
Slogan Challenged...

Wow. What could have been a disappointing and expensive nightmare really turned around. It is great to hear these kinds of vendor stories too. Best of luck getting everything back together again.

Facebook:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Etsy:

Old 2013-05-13, 9:17pm
Co-owner

Diane, Thank you for your kind words. That week we had four customers where poorly packed cases were destroyed. Instead of making anyone deal with UPS claims we felt morally obligated to replace and reship all four orders. We learned a $1500 lesson and use a new double boxed system that has a perfect record to date. The fact that every one of those customers is still with us proves we did the right thing at the time. Diane's latest order shipped this morning. LE, Thank you for your support. Robert

PHONE: (385) 237-3365
OXYGEN 24 HOUR TEXT LINE: (801) 949-0575
LAMPWORKING 24 HOUR TEXT LINE: (801) 949-0576
Old 2013-05-14, 7:44am

Yes, my order of clear arrived looking more like 'frit in a box'. Robert and Donna bent over backwards to please me, just like the #1 posting on this thread. I too am testifying to their 'Outstanding Cutomer Service'.
Robert or Donna, Would you please tell me where I could purchase the label tape you use on your glass rods? They are a dream come true....no residue left behind, period.

"All true artists, whether they know it or not, create from a place of no-mind, from inner stillness."
Eckhart Tolle

Cathy[/font]
Old 2013-05-15, 12:38pm
Boro-holic

Yes, yes - the labels are perfect. Easy to read and come off clean. Do tell, what program are you using to print the info on them? Would love to use these as my price tags...
Old 2013-05-15, 1:21pm

Well I am piping in here to sing Donna and Robert's praises too! I had the opportunity to meet them both last week while I was in UTah and they are as nice and gracious in person. (Turns out they only live about a mile or less from my sister
To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
)

Donna showed my DH and I how to make a marble and sent us home with a great sampler of boro glass and tubing to use! DH wants to get into boro and I haven't ever tried it before! We are both discovering we have a dark side to explore LOL! (Well another dark side
To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
)

Thank you Donna and Robert and I look forward to seeing you again in a couple of months!

BTW here is a pendant I made on my take of the vortex marble you showed us how to make! Sorry it's not boro! Still practicing with that glass LOL!
Attached Images

LynieG
Old 2013-05-16, 5:08am
Co-owner

Ah, shucks. You guys are too nice (blushes and hides) Thanks for the support and encouragement.
The stickers we use are Post It Notes removable labels from Office Max or Office Depot (whichever has the best sale - we watch prices too) and I just print them using Word on the computer. They come in several sizes. I have a huge personal stack of glass from several years ago that came in without labels and in my excitement to start melting and creating I got them all mixed up and don't know now what it is. Since then I have been hunting for the perfect label that serves its purpose but doesn't ruin a perfectly good inch of glass when I want it off. The labels do pull off a little too easy sometimes but I thought that was maybe a little better than not coming off at all. I appreciate your feedback. It means a lot to know if we are close to hitting the mark or need to keep searching.

Old 2013-05-18, 12:00pm
kinda torching....

Amazing people and amazing serice with gracious dedication to the glass community and customers! I can't wait to order again
Old 2013-05-19, 1:03pm
Co-owner

Lynie, I love your pendant even if it is from the Light Side. Way cool. When do we see something from your DH?

Robert

Old 2013-05-21, 12:08am

Wow, I'm looking to further my boro experience and appreciate very much knowing when a company goes above and beyond for their customers. Thanks for sharing your story!

Old 2013-05-21, 12:11am

Quote:
Diane, Thank you for your kind words. That week we had four customers where poorly packed cases were destroyed. Instead of making anyone deal with UPS claims we felt morally obligated to replace and reship all four orders. We learned a $1500 lesson and use a new double boxed system that has a perfect record to date. The fact that every one of those customers is still with us proves we did the right thing at the time. Diane's latest order shipped this morning. LE, Thank you for your support. Robert
Good customer service is a beautiful thing and should be rewarded!

Tags
best service, boro, supplies