Lampwork Etc.

Mountain Glass Arts

LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

The Flow

Beads of Courage

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Library > Boro Room

Boro Room -- For Boro-related tips, techniques, and questions.

Old 2007-06-26, 9:57am
Mandrel Slayer

Talking

Alright Anne. Welcome to the dark side. Good work.

Paula - I love that effect with the Stormy Weather.

Bonny

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Nothing right now

What happens in Rockland, stays in Rockland.....
Hellcat, Two M-15s, propane and finally no tanked oxy.
Old 2007-06-26, 3:17pm
Somethings grow wild

Location: Soulsbyville in California, just down the hill from Yosemite
Default inspiring

Marbles, and pendants, and beads oh my… then octopus, seahorse and turtles I could die…My studios been down for week…I could cry. With a new batch of stormy weather, a temp controller on my kiln, an electro forming kit all set up, new how-to dvd’s from Suellen Fowler , and Lucio Bubacco, and almost lastly I fixed the wiring I burned out OOPS! All I need is to put the new fan in the wall and it’s go time. I hope to contribute to the end of June show case. At least for now I have all of your wonderful work to enjoy. Keep up the wonderful, and inspiring work everyone
Kare
Old 2007-06-26, 3:56pm
Somethings grow wild

Location: Soulsbyville in California, just down the hill from Yosemite
Default What Dragon

Oh Yeah:
Renee where was the dragon? I found Nagi's dragon from an April post... WOW! I was thinking of doing a dragon next. I've done one, but it wasn't good enough to post. Still not to bad for a newbie, and now that I've seen Suellen's dvd, Well she didn't go to all that bother of making a dvd for us not to make use of it
Kare
Old 2007-06-26, 7:47pm
Renee Weaver

Hi Kare, the dragon is on page 3 of the thread "Momka's multil colored rod gallery" It's absolutely fabulous!

Old 2007-06-27, 2:45am
Nah, not really...;)

Patrice, I really like the seahorse.

Renee, you can post as many DAP beads as you want.

Paula, I don't have any Stormy Weather, but it looks fun.

Anne, nice to see you in the Boro room.

Old 2007-06-27, 3:05am
Detail G-Mama!

Thanks Bonnie and Carrie! I have to admit it is becoming addicting! I had some frit (the stuff that comes with the sample packs) somewhere and now I can't find it! I wanted to use some of that the other day, guess I'll have to clean up to find it!

Old 2007-06-27, 4:15am

Tip of the Day - don't start glassblowing classes on the HOTTEST day of the year.

Sals
Old 2007-06-27, 7:00am

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anne Ricketts View Post
Thanks Bonnie and Carrie! I have to admit it is becoming addicting! I had some frit (the stuff that comes with the sample packs) somewhere and now I can't find it! I wanted to use some of that the other day, guess I'll have to clean up to find it!
Ok, I want to see some boro chintz.

The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing. ---- Albert Einstein

Old 2007-06-27, 7:10am
Detail G-Mama!

Your funny!

Old 2007-06-27, 7:19pm

Hmmm...maybe plaid boro? Welcome to the addiction Anne!!! Your colors are great

Here's one of my recent sets, Triple Passion and Amber Purple.

Old 2007-06-27, 7:28pm
Detail G-Mama!

Oooo those are purty!! Love your pinky purple ones!! Plaid huh? That's more likely to be done than chintz I think! All the boro I've been using is Northstar, is triple passion a NS or GA color?

Old 2007-06-27, 7:43pm

Thanks! Triple Passion is GA (I always have to look it up, lol). I have a mix of everything and can't remember what's what.

Old 2007-06-28, 8:06am
yukue fumei

Paula--Gorgeous Pendant as always Paula! Woohooo! no wonder your DH wanted you to keep it! I am curious--what does your rod of Stormy look like?

Anne-OMG!! Your boro beads are gorgeous Anne--wowie!!!!!!!!!

Sonya-color to die for.....totally yummy !!!!

thanks so much for the eye candy!!!

nagi

Old 2007-06-28, 9:10am
ManBearPig

Back from Wheaton, and here are my first three efforts since I got back. I'm working on some back designs and trying to break out of the pinwheel-rut I was in. So, these are basically "prototypes" and "works-in-progress" so I hope you'll forgive me. They aren't my best work, but they are round, and that's all I was going for...

Old 2007-06-28, 9:31am
yukue fumei

WOW!! Cool Chad!! That opal is killer--it's HUGE!!!

Love your backing patterns!!

nagi

Old 2007-06-28, 1:06pm
Pyromaniac

Default Pendants

Here's some vortex type pendants:

Lana

Old 2007-06-28, 3:07pm
Renee Weaver

Just a quick post, gotta run, but sonya's beads, the pendants and marbles, oh . my. Here are some test beads on some tequilla sunrise.

Old 2007-06-29, 9:33am
yukue fumei

Lana-gorgeous!!! I love your shapes and spirals!!!

Renee-wow--those are cool! You got some nice variation of colors out of the Tequila Sunrise !

ok-2 from me.....first is a dichro galaxy. I used Sno White for a dot color and it totally bubbled up and spread over some of the colors even after I melted out and repulled the rod. Will have to rethink this color...it is a gorgeous truly opaque white that really makes the colors over it sing! :

and second was for a marble exchange, but this one checked, so it is not going in. Oh well....it was my first attempt at backing 2 types of marbles together and I totally squashed the flower(shame since I was so happy with how it formed--lots of depth...oh well) and then the flip side is the dichro. It's hard to photo dichro..it is super shiny and this photo is not...oh well.....
the part that checked was the unobtanium that got sucked under the flower part of the marble when I rounded it. I think it is just this batch, since I have encased unobtanium before and it worked fine.....

nagi

Old 2007-06-29, 9:58am

Wow, Nagi...great marbles...the double sided one is a wow! Chad...I will be teaching at Bead Fest Phila...I see you will be there too. I have just started my marble collection. Hope you have some there, so I can add one or yours to the collection. I have been awol for a while. Here's a bicone and a "pod" bead from me. The bicone has a base of Chinese boro I just discovered. I really like it for a nice clean transparent color. This is a pale peachy pink.

Sandy

Old 2007-06-29, 4:59pm
Formerly Fireflyartglass

This is a really nasty quck photo
I tried out the delphi 22k fusible decals:
Old 2007-06-29, 5:28pm
The Venerable Bead

those are really cool leanne
here is a heart made with super unobtanium and stormy weather with some of my new Nessie's Dowry frit.
Attached Images

Paula AKA The Venerable Bead

"I believe in pink, I believe that laughing is the best calorie burner. I believe in kissing, kissing a lot. I believe in being strong when everything seems to be going wrong. I believe that happy girls are the prettiest girls. I believe that tomorrow is another day and I believe in miracles."
— Audrey Hepburn

flaming away on a betta, natural gas, and 2 M-20's

Old 2007-06-29, 6:57pm

Gorgeous showcase everyone~! Keep it up! I've actually been working some softglass lately if you can believe that ! lol

heh, I like it all, what can I say!

I have a new long ass twisted pendant I made last night but my camera batteried died...... again..... so I will post sometime this weekend.
Sucker is 4 1/2 inches long! I'm so proud!

Jo
Old 2007-06-30, 7:43am
The Venerable Bead

here are a few more pendants I just listed on Etsy. the first one was made with a symphony of various greens and my amber mist frit.
Attached Images

Paula AKA The Venerable Bead

"I believe in pink, I believe that laughing is the best calorie burner. I believe in kissing, kissing a lot. I believe in being strong when everything seems to be going wrong. I believe that happy girls are the prettiest girls. I believe that tomorrow is another day and I believe in miracles."
— Audrey Hepburn

flaming away on a betta, natural gas, and 2 M-20's

Old 2007-06-30, 5:56pm
William Hagy

Hey all of these beads are great! ~i dont have much beyond a few demo beads from last months intro classes these are about 25-30mm

The past month or so my owner keeps me chained up to the bench with a giant torch roaring ~Ill try to post some of my sculptures and goblets soon!

50mm & 40mm Herbert Arnold Zenit Burners,Carlisle cc/cc+/mini,Liquid O2.
Old 2007-06-30, 9:12pm

Default Scared Newbie Post

I am a regular lurker without my own torch
This is my first post with pictures! Be gentle.

My first (and only) Mr. Smiley heart:

All these beads were made with glass from Chad's Boro Beginner Sample Pack.

Sorry about the quality of the photos and the sizing, I couldn't seem to get it right....
Old 2007-07-01, 12:15am
Skeptical Optimist

It's ok, they are great!

Patrice & Paul, Running a Mirage and Barracuda on a Pro-8.
Old 2007-07-01, 3:55am
Nah, not really...;)

Awesome work everybody!

TwistedRedhead, those are fantastic!!! Keep on posting!

BTW: It's July 1st, someone needs to start a new thread for S&T.

Old 2007-07-01, 8:58am
yukue fumei

Sandy-Thansk!! and OMG-I love love your pod bead--the colors you get are so pretty!!!

Leanne--those are super cool! I LOVE it!! What temp do they fuse at?

Paula--gorgeous as always!! WOW!!!

William--those are awesome beads--the accuracy is amazing! Beautiful!!

Twisted Redhead-WOW! beautiful!! I would love to see bigger pics so we can revel in their beauty!!

wonderful showcase!

nagi