Lampwork Etc.

TrueDesign

LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Donate via PayPal to donate@lampworketc.com

Caber Light

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Library > Boro Room

Boro Room -- For Boro-related tips, techniques, and questions.

Old 2011-11-15, 12:33am
Fire and Fluidity

These are my new ornament design for this year:

The are about 6" long.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"It all depends on how you look at things" said the Churkendoose.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old 2011-11-15, 9:03am

Very pretty.

Old 2011-11-18, 6:56am
Harold Williams Cooney

It's been a while. Pics from my new site.

American Trade Bead Food Program; Necklace auctions
, entertainment that improves Colorado.
Old 2011-11-18, 9:05am

^ it's been ages, Harold, got busy? Sweet work as always!!

something different from me, I don't do very much of this kind of work, but I've always kept my hand in, because it's a good way for me to stay in practice with particular techniques.

Set based on Giger's Aliens

Running a
by Miema on LPG and oxy bottles and a GTT Mirage.
Old 2011-11-18, 9:05am

Love your stuff GWH.

Old 2011-11-18, 11:41am
Harold Williams Cooney

Nice rig!!!

American Trade Bead Food Program; Necklace auctions
, entertainment that improves Colorado.
Old 2011-11-19, 12:14pm

A couple of water glasses ( can't say wine they are under age) for my grandchildren. They are getting straighter and the joints are getting smoother. Using a pin point flame is helping out with the joints.
Attached Images

Last edited by deb tarry; 2011-11-19 at 12:16pm.
Old 2011-11-19, 1:00pm
tweetysweetie

Hi Don! nice ornaments...I was lucky enough to be gifted one of these by Don (different style though) year before last...they are "far" prettier in person..hugs, buddy!

Wicked...what is the name for the little dish in your picture? they hold some type of oil right? I see huge potential for my collapsed bubbles from tubing!!

Steven, I chuckled when I read what you wrote a couple pages back. I won't post pics anymore, once I showed 2 things in here, after 2 weeks, not one person said a word..praise or critical so I deleted them and just lurk now, so YOU keep posting pics for me to look at I enjoy them.

Last edited by FiredDesires; 2011-11-19 at 1:03pm.
Old 2011-11-19, 5:47pm

I did realize that people wait for a comment on what they post but I guess I do so why wouldn't others. FireDesires give us another chance......post a picture. please.

Old 2011-11-19, 6:00pm
Always learnin' & yearnin

well said deb tarry! I know personally that firedesires work is well worthy of this thread! I have one awesome pendent that she made and her frits are the best! I know people in this thread are all great at something! Post it and be Proud!!!!!!

Old 2011-11-19, 6:27pm

Deb nice water glasses.
Wicked that pipe is out of this world
HWC nice beads and it was great to meet you and see your stuff at BABE
new balloon ornament for me

#C-151
Old 2011-11-19, 9:40pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silke View Post
Dear LE-Members,
just now I make my first steps to work with boro. It´s completly different to all the work till now. Hope you enjoy

kind regards,
Silke
Looks like lace! very nice..

All others Thanks for sharing.. Love seeiing your art projects

Old 2011-11-19, 9:44pm

Cool Balloon Baywinger!

Love the Skull Goblet Deb Tarry I make pendants with a similar skull press!
How did you get the background to be sooo electrifing?

Old 2011-11-20, 1:01am

I used multi green I think its a ns color.

Old 2011-11-20, 10:01am

ok some more newbie stuffs....also like to say that the "you can get good colors off an Oxycon" rumor is BS...yall had me all worried.

Old 2011-11-20, 11:14am

You did get some nice colours. I work with concentrators also, the only problem I have is keeping the larger pieces hot enough for some of the colours 'to do their thing'.
I made another wine glass yesterday and a couple of vortex pendants. Enjoy.
Attached Images

Old 2011-11-20, 4:37pm
Fire and Fluidity

Thanks for the compliment Fired Desires. Yes, please post some of your current work. I would like to see what you are doing. I _will_ come back and comment on it.

"It all depends on how you look at things" said the Churkendoose.

Old 2011-11-20, 6:41pm
Glassy Broad :-)

So great to see ya'll getting in the spirit
Here is a little snowman from me, done in Boro. I set him on a light box, thinking these will make great little gifts!
Thanks for being kind

Nita

Missing my Mini cc & two oxy cons!

The difference between Try, and Triumph, is a little Umph!
Old 2011-11-20, 9:14pm

Default First double vortex marble

Here is the first vortex let alone DOUBLE vortex marble I have ever done.! It is the BIGGEST one I have ever made too! It measures 2 inches.
Name:  vortex 001.jpg
Views: 644
Size:  25.7 KB

Name:  vortex 008.jpg
Views: 653
Size:  24.1 KB

Name:  vortex 006.jpg
Views: 651
Size:  23.5 KB

Name:  vortex 003.jpg
Views: 656
Size:  20.0 KB

Name:  vortex 007.jpg
Views: 635
Size:  26.1 KB

Old 2011-11-20, 9:17pm

Love the snowmen on the light box nitadee!

Deb Tarry your goblets and your vortexs are Amazing!

Old 2011-11-20, 10:54pm

Thanks Steven yours is great also love the green streaks what color is that. You know I have never made a snowman out of glass before yours is so cute Nita.

Old 2011-11-21, 9:45am

Thanks Steven and Deb...I'm blushing
Deb, might I ask where you get your Goblets? Do they come in 2 pieces, or how's that work? I have tons of pendants without bails Thinking my kids would love something like that, and I'm almost (ALMOST) brave enough to give it a try....Might have to get a bigger kiln tho come to think of it...small opening.

On an up note, the snow man is actually white over clear...while they work great as nick-knacks, opaque white doesn't allow the colors to come thru...so there's my secret

Nita

Old 2011-11-21, 2:53pm

The glasses do come in two pieces a foot and the bowl. I buy them through glasscraft in Oregon. The have a local guy that make them for the store to sell. I don't even preheat them. I just have my stem made which happens to be hot then using a pin point flame weld them together, the foot needs to be held with those hot fingers and because I only one pair I use my fingers for the bowl. My kiln isn't tall enough for these pieces so after they have stiffened I lay them sideways in the kiln. If you get some ask questions if you need help if I can't give you info some one else here will chime in.
here is the link to Glasscraft.
http://www.glasscraftinc.com/

Last edited by deb tarry; 2011-11-21 at 2:55pm. Reason: added link
Old 2011-11-21, 4:12pm

Oh Deb thanks so much! Glasscraft is right near by, this is the greatest news! I know my kids would love to have a pair of these each *I have 6-1 kids*
HUGS and thanks again so much!
***off to stalk glasscraft***

Nita

Old 2011-11-21, 6:26pm

You are welcome they are not cheap but they are well made and you should phone ahead as sometimes they have to get some more made and brought in. Good luck to you and like I said earlier just ask if you need help.

Old 2011-11-21, 9:17pm

Deb Tarry the colors I used are black pearl, blue exotic and cherrywood strike... and I struck them all wrong. I wanted that silver effect but got the green instead

Old 2011-11-21, 9:24pm

The phrase 'I struck them all wrong' is the story of my life. lol Glad you did though gives me a good idea thanks for sharing.

Old 2011-11-21, 9:35pm

no prob deb! I kinda liked the green too I know how to get it now lol

Old 2011-11-22, 10:28pm

New focal on my etsy.
Name:  pendant 002.jpg
Views: 544
Size:  47.2 KB

Old 2011-11-25, 10:44am

Yesterday my daughter Shannon and I sat down and made a wine glass for a friend of ours. I walked Shan through the process of melting the colours onto a stem. She picked some beautiful colours then melted them smooth. Then I took over and attached the stem to the bowl and foot. I think I will start to give lessons in this because Shan has no experience (couple of hours) on the torch and we are both happy with the results. I made hearts out of the leftover stem.
Attached Images