Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Beads of Courage

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Library > Tips, Techniques, and Questions

Tips, Techniques, and Questions -- Technical questions or tips

Old 2011-12-06, 7:23am
Jacqueline Parkes

Default A Plea to Creation is Messy

This is me officially begging. I was heart broken to learn Butter Pecan was discontinued. This was months ago. I am still heart broken and probably will never get over it. Yes it is just glass but it is one of my favorites of the hundreds I keep in stock.

Is it futile to beg? I did stock up but that won't last forever.

Here is my latest.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old 2011-12-06, 7:53am

Smile

I feel your pain

How about Crocus Unique 3? I too have stocked up but am already worrying about how long that will last! And a nice acidy pea green (like old V. Parrot Green) would be wonderful! Laura

Old 2011-12-06, 9:09am

I really miss Tamarind, too. That was a great brown.
Old 2011-12-06, 9:17am
Mary Lockwood

I miss butter pecan and tamarind.

Old 2011-12-06, 9:30am
Jacqueline Parkes

Tamarind is lovely too...

Old 2011-12-06, 10:02am
Newfoundland lover!

NOoooooOOOOOooo! Butter Pecan is my new favorite. Crap. Ginger is similar, but not the same.

Lynx, tanked propane, M-10 oxy and refurb oxy -5.
Old 2011-12-06, 10:38am
Salt Box Beads

Have you ladies emailed kathy personally? I know her goal was/is to provide colors that are not available in other 104 lines.

I would email her from her website and then keep my fingers crossed.
Old 2011-12-06, 11:42am

Didn't they say they were discontinuing Butter Pecan as a regular color because it was really a variant of Ginger, and they never knew when they would get it? I took that to mean that perhaps Butter Pecan would pop up every now and then.
Old 2011-12-06, 2:56pm
rainbowchasingtimewaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by nickandryan View Post
I feel your pain

How about Crocus Unique 3? I too have stocked up but am already worrying about how long that will last! And a nice acidy pea green (like old V. Parrot Green) would be wonderful! Laura
YES!

Lori Peterson - Try telling a Dachshund no and you will understand the true meaning of futility.

*f

Old 2011-12-06, 3:33pm

What Lori said.

Karen
Volkano Exotik

ripzz
Old 2011-12-06, 3:40pm

Oh yeah, count me in for an acid green. And an opal bright peach.

Old 2011-12-06, 5:34pm
Fried Cat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diane Woodall View Post
Oh yeah, count me in for an acid green. And an opal bright peach.
I think I'd give up sex for six months to have a larger palette of peach. Not that it would please my husband but..
Old 2011-12-06, 7:58pm
Glass-aholic

Wow... Makinh the man suffer for your glass err addiction... I mean cause!! too funny!!!

hand dyed silk ribbons in many colors!
WASHERS & TOPPERS - layering components for interchangeable glass topper and to use in other jewelry/metalwork.:
Old 2011-12-06, 8:03pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by echeveria View Post
Didn't they say they were discontinuing Butter Pecan as a regular color because it was really a variant of Ginger, and they never knew when they would get it? I took that to mean that perhaps Butter Pecan would pop up every now and then.
^^^^
| | | |

This. You are absolutely correct. I contacted Kathy back when Butter Pecan was first announced to be discontinued.

It is a sometimes variant of the Ginger line and will still pop up periodically as a limited run color. But they don't know when since it is "unplanned" or tell us how much at any given time. So when you see it ... grab it!!

Please contact Kathy with your color requests. She was very receptive to my contacting her and directing her to the LE thread previously!!

Old 2011-12-06, 8:13pm
Sequiturs & Nonsequiturs

There are limited runs of both butter pecan and tamarind listed in the CIM website today...

|

B-206 on a mini cc, propane and 1 oxy con
Old 2011-12-08, 3:13pm
The Harbinger of Cuteness

Ditto on loving the butter pecan. It was the first CIM color I fell in love with. You could call it my CIM gateway drug.

~
~

#M-191
Old 2011-12-08, 11:58pm
Millionaire in Training

I just got 2 pounds of butter pecan the last time I ordered glass - about a month ago. I see that it is no longer listed on Frantz. I do like it very much. It's a strange color. It sort of looks like an ivory, but anneals like a peach.

Old 2011-12-09, 11:30am

Quote:
Originally Posted by periwinkle View Post
... It sort of looks like an ivory, but anneals like a peach.
I'm showing my ignorance here, but your comment implies that ivory has problems annealing. Could you please explain, Peri?

Thanks!

~
~

#M-191
Old 2011-12-10, 6:51am
Fried Cat

I think she meant the colors. It looks like ivory in the rod, but anneals and comes out looking peachy.
Old 2011-12-10, 8:30am

Quote:
Originally Posted by FiredCat View Post
I think she meant the colors. It looks like ivory in the rod, but anneals and comes out looking peachy.
LOL

~
~

#M-191
Old 2011-12-10, 9:15am

Need to pester them into bringing back Halong Bay, too. That's one of the best translucents I've ever used.
Old 2011-12-10, 12:02pm
Always with a smile!

I love all the CIM colors as they are a great palate and reactive base for most of the silvered glass!

) and
)
Old 2011-12-10, 2:08pm
Millionaire in Training

Lyssa, the color when cool looks like a brownish ivory or dark ivory. However, I've taken the beads out after annealing, and couldn't remember what base I used. That's also after putting frit on them. Perhaps the frit is reacting with the butter pecan? It looks more peach than it did before I annealed it.

Yes, FiredCat, that's exactly what I meant.

Old 2013-04-25, 1:44pm
yukue fumei

not sure if you are still looking for Butter Pecan, but Donna has 2 tonalities still available, and now with free shipping on orders over $75. http://www.themandrel.com/index.php?...ndex&cPath=1_4

nagi

Old 2013-04-25, 7:23pm

Is the 703 the original BP?

My Ebay
Old 2013-04-26, 12:41pm

Does Kathy run CIM? How do we contact her, thru the website???
Old 2013-04-26, 1:35pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by karrina310 View Post
Does Kathy run CIM? How do we contact her, thru the website???
Yes, Kathy Seamands at http://www.creationismessy.com/contact-us.aspx

I use alot of CiM glasses as well and her site is a great place to discover new colors in the CiM palette!

E-Bay:

Old 2013-04-26, 10:14pm
one day at a time

I put in a request for them to bring back the Adobe! It looked like it was similar to their long discontinued 96 COE Pate'.
Old 2013-04-26, 11:09pm

oh yes, Lisi Adobe and Tamarind

Old 2013-04-28, 6:58am

Hi everyone! Don't quote me but I'm pretty sure "uniques" are the term CIM gives colors if they are slightly different from the color they are trying to reproduce. The tint or hue may be off a bit so they name it XYZ unique.

Duane
PS The Bright Peach (?) sounds really cool! I'm always looking for solid peachy colors.

REVAMPED WEBSITE NOW OPEN